1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Terry charged with racist abuse.

Discussion in 'football' started by Balbi, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

2. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

3. poului

poului a bit overrated

FA trying to bury all this nonsense in the news while the Olympics is going on. What a ridiculous organisation.
  4. deadringer

deadringer meat pie sausage roll

They did say they were going to deal with this swiftly, which is what they are doing.
  5. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Lock&Light and Maltin like this.
  6. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

Hodgson says Terry can come back if he avoids an 'enormous ban'. :facepalm:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/10/roy-hodgson-england-john-terry

Obviously difficult to come up with a form of words with the FA case coming up, but he's surely got that miles wrong. Sounds like if the FA find he's just a 'bit' racist or just give him a few games off for a racial incident he's okay. Should have stuck with 'we'll assess the situation after the case and not before'. If nothing else he's made it look like he's not that worried about racism and just wants it to go away (which, at one level, as a manager he obviously does). Can't imagine this will play out well with Kick it Out etc.
  7. trampie

trampie Ba..ba..blacksheep Banned

Jumped before pushed springs to mind.
  8. trampie

Well i told you boys he would have to be found guilty, even after being found innocent by a court of law he still broke FA rules, but imo he has got a lesser sentence than Suarez, therefore the impartiality of the FA will be called into question by some, one rule for an Englishman and one rule for Johnny Foreigner, will a Welsh team like the Swans in the Premier league ever get a fair shake in a dispute ?....hmm
  9. trampie

Oh yes.
  10. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

I read in one of the papers today that they reckoned the FA could get away with a lesser punishment as Terry made one remark whereas Suarez did it ten or twelve times.
  11. tommers

tommers I did it!

12. trampie

They won't and they can't find him guilty you say Spymaster :facepalm:, if you come back from your ban perhaps you would like to continue to quote posts from the likes of Wilf and Corax backing up your view only for them to be proved wrong just like you.:D
  13. tommers

tommers I did it!

Somebody put him out! He's on fire!
  14. trampie

English football back in the mire.
  15. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Couldn't happen to a nicer person.
  16. Glitter

Glitter Prostitute womb god baby

Aye, Suarez got 2 for abuse, 2 for the racial element of the abuse and 4 for aggravation, which was documented as being repetition.

The FA have acted completely consistently for once. :yay:
  17. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

Hold my hand up, absolutely, no problem. I thought the FA wouldn't charge him, largely because of the court case decision. At one level I'm ambiguous about this as a kind of 'retrial', but on the other, delighted because, imo, he did it.

I wouldn't get too triumphal though trampie. However you phrased it, in all of your posts about the 'English' FA :rolleyes: , you also didn't think he would get charged. Your rather transparent game along was to expose the FA as racist. Well actually no, you'd have settled for anything, but it was to play silly games. For example:

And there were plenty of others in similar vein.

In fact you are still doing it today (788):

18. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

Actually trampie, no that's unfair. Really, I'd like to thank you for coming on here to congratulate the English FA for how they dealt with this case. Despite it being a former captain, despite the complications of the not-guilty in the court case, they showed how important the issue of racism was. No fear or favour regardless of the ethnicity and nationality of the accused - and they even managed to calibrate the punishment with Terry getting less for the non-repetition of the phrase. As a nationalist, it's pretty big of you to come on here and highlight all of that. :) With more like you the United Kingdom can finally start to pull together. I'll pass your thanks on to Her Maj. :p
  19. trampie

I thought the FA would charge Terry, and they did, i thought the FA would find Terry guilty [and they did], i was concerned that the FA having found Terry guilty would not give him a similar sentence to Suarez as one is English and one not [i was right to be concerned].
  20. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

So, what are you accuing them of, racism or nationalism?
  21. Glitter

Glitter Prostitute womb god baby

Terry got exactly the same ban and a much bigger fine than Suarez.
  22. trampie

Not treating people equally hey.
  23. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

See #976. It is equal.
  24. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

... and to be honest trampie, if you weren't playing games, you'd be able to acknowledge that.
  25. trampie

I was responding to Glitter, you better direct your remark to him or is it her.
  26. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Yep, I'll give you that, although I changed my mind and expected him to get fucked last month when Rio got fined by the FA over the Choc Ice thing. After that I thought there was no way that the spineless twats would've found JT not guilty.
  27. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Quite. Terry got the same equivalent match ban but five times the fine.
    Maltin likes this.
  28. The39thStep

You know him or do you just read the papers? Since when has that been a criteria for justice
  29. The39thStep

30. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

Just look at his face[​IMG]
    What a twat :D