1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job centre appointment I REALLY can't make .. help

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by holteman, Jul 14, 2010.

1. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

I just went and signed on.... they informed me that They want me to go for some half hour mandatory thing tomorrow morning...

tomorrow morning my partner gets back after 5 months in Aus... she has no Keys to where she is stopping, no cash, she will be jetlagged, and no way of contacting anyone...and waiting for me to show up.....

I explained this but its not a valid reason....

In fact the advisor said and i qoute "your personal relationships are not our problem, you're priority is with us if you don't show we will stop you're money"

Any way round this... i am not leaving my mrs alone at heathrow with no way of contacting her...

they can fuck off and shove there money up there fucking arse if they have to utter fucking cunts :mad:

2. temper_tantrum

temper_tantrum The beauty of the ride

Shoulda told 'em you had a job interview ...

edit: sorry, that's not very helpful is it :oops:

3. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Bound for glory

Yep, in future tell them job interview or hospital appointment. That's about all they'll accept IME. Not sure what you should do now, if you don't show up you'll most likely get a sanction which can take several weeks to appeal against. Mate of mine got simillar treatment when he missed an appointment to get his daughter from nursery school when the kid's mum failed to show up. Apparently not wanting to leave a three year old standing around in the street alone is not a good enough excuse. Utter, utter cunts :mad:

Is there nobody else you can ask to fetch the mrs for you?

4. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

I realised this seconds after i opened my mouth.....though foolishly thought that would have common sense and a soul....

However i have only told the woman i signed on with... if i phoned saying i had a job interview could i get away with it?... would they want proof?

5. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

They are bastards and the advisor is prob on some power trip, but I'd try and be nice and ask to speak to a manager saying you are happy to do whatever they want, but couldn't they change the time?

6. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

Should have reported that kind of thing on to the manager and grassed them up to the local MP etc, that is not acceptable. Holteman's situation is a bit different though.

7. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

job worthy cunt! I changed loads of appointments round with job centre and my excuses were always shitter then that.

dave

8. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

I'm going to look into it... but after all this time... it is not how i wanted our reunion to go... fucking cunts :mad:....

Worryingly everyone is at work so far or can't drive...

I think im just going to have to miss it.... deal with it after....i have done everything and more they have asked up to now.. and they have not fucking helped me at all.... in the time it has took them to suggest one fucking job i have got 3 quialificatons and applied for about 200 jobs.. not to mention loads and loads of training via pertemps..

I fucing hate the job centre with a passion i never knew i had...

screw them.... my life is more important than a few weeks money, i'l cope without it

9. TrippyLondoner

TrippyLondoner Well-Known Member

They're true cunts. :(

10. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

I've just checked out the relevant rules and it appears that you can indeed be called in for an interview at any time when you''ve been claiming JSA for more than 13 weeks. Your benefit does not end if you contact JCP within 5 working days, but it can be suspended for one week if you can't show good cause for non-attendance.

Good cause isn't strictly defined but includes things such as:
    • not understanding what was required due to language, learning or literacy problems;
    • medical or dental appointment;
    • transport problems;
    • religious reasons;
    • job interview.

Good luck with it all.

11. joevsimp

joevsimp Well-Known Member

Same, first theing they suggested I do was move to Hull:eek:

12. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

HAve an idea.. if i can get a dentist appointment sorted tomorrow.... i could miss it and wing it...long shot but *off to ring dentist*

13. TrippyLondoner

TrippyLondoner Well-Known Member

:D

14. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

Not quite as simple as that. When I was late once, they wanted proof.

15. Quartz

Quartz Eclectic contrarian plebeian

Why can't you leave a message for her at the airport? Can you not ring up the airline and explain things to them and get them to pass the message on?

"Are you seriously suggesting I endanger my child?" :)

16. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Why not? She's just been travelling for a year, I'm sure she can look after herself for a little longer...

17. rover07

rover07 has a shining car.

She can have a good kip in the airport.

18. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

I know this doesn't apply in this instance, but since they are sticking single parents on JSA SURELY looking after a sick child/ no childcare HAS to be a good reason to change the time.

19. AKA pseudonym

AKA pseudonym Well-Known Member

Could you not blag that you have just got a job interview... use a mates phone number for back up and produce some BS paperwork... after all 'the post is always late' at your house...

long shot I know....

20. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

I now what jetlag is like.... plus.... i wanna see her :(

21. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

afaik, the relevant guidance has, or is, being changed for issues such as the one you mention. problem is, that guidance is discretionary and the decision maker can decide that your circs don't constitute "good cause" and so you end up needing to make an appeal which can take weeks.

22. Minnie_the_Minx

PS: Why on earth doesn't she have any cash?

23. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

On her credit card.... she can get home with it and use it obviously but its not great...plus no way of getting in once she is home...

This is more an issue of me wanting to be there i think....been dreaming of this day for a year and the bastards have screwed it up... of all days !!

ringing to plead now.. will tell you how i get on later

24. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Do you want a job interview?

25. Minnie_the_Minx

I suppose pretending to have had a dodgy prawn curry tonight would be too obvious

I'd take rich up on his offer of a job interview ;)

26. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

Well having read your previous thread, i'd say this is one of those times that life gives you exactly what you need. Tell the gf sorry i'm going to be late/can't make it i'll see you a couple of hours later.

If she gives you grief then you know she really really has been taking the piss this last year :) .

27. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Sign off and sign on again the next day. Count it as one days work your gilfriend gave you.

28. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

Do you know how many forms that is going to involve you in? Unless things changed since i last signed on.

29. Minnie_the_Minx

There's a fast-track system nowadays apparently whereby if you have a bit of work and you sign off, work, become unemployed again, you can sign on without all the major form-filling - so I've heard

30. citygirl

citygirl friendly fire

I'd have rung in tomorrow morning to say you were at deaths door you must have caught something from their grimy offices and are off to the docs. pronto

or summink like that :)