1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship, and beat people on board. Fatalities reported.

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by danny la rouge, May 31, 2010.

1. frogwoman

frogwoman I welcome your experience

Because Palestinians aren't allowed into Israel for a holiday. They aren't even allowed to use Tel Aviv airport. There is also a ban on Palestinians marrying Israelis afaik.
  2. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Anti-homelessness stud.

3. Spanky Longhorn

Spanky Longhorn CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN

Israel needs to learn a tough lesson to be honest, it's about time we stopped treating them with kid gloves.
  4. frogwoman

There are even settler-only roads that Palestinians aren't allowed to use.
  5. Diamond

Diamond The Red Baron Banned

What are you on about?

You think I condone that?

Talk about hysterical.
  6. dylans

dylans overlord of all acorns

you posted it (without explanation)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10253357.stm
  7. danny la rouge

He did say it'd get blood boiling. (I haven't watched it yet, since I'm at work).
  8. Diamond

I think you'll find I accompanied it with a sentence of explanation implying that it was the kind of video that angers people.
  9. dylans

Bollocks did you.
  10. Diamond

Look, I know you've got a passion for ignoring the facts and imagining motives but the post is only one page back so you do yourself a real disservice by simply ignoring it and blundering on.
  11. danny la rouge

He said this:

/kofi
  12. dylans

Diamond you are posting Israeli propaganda. Fine if you want to do that but you should label it as such.
  13. Diamond

I did.

This is bloody stupid, I'm off.
  14. danny la rouge

:D Dylans, you need to wind in on this one. He was quite clear. He said it was an insight into Israeli opinion, and that it was likely to raise ones blood pressure. I think that was clear enough, personally. I know I've posted things in those kind of circumstances.
  15. dylans

Propaganda . Hasbara produced and distributed by the Israeli Government.
    http://www.loonwatch.com/tag/propaganda/

Now be clear. I have no problem with people posting Israeli government propaganda. It's interesting and gives an insight to the mindset of Israeli propaganda machine but to do so without clearly labelling it ISRAELI GOVERNMENT PRODUCED PROPAGANDA is dishonest. (and no merely saying it might raise blood pressure and it was an insight into Israeli public opinion did not make that clear at all) . In fact it gave the impression that it was produced and distributed by ordinary Israeli's not Israeli intelligence.
  16. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet

Because Palestinians are not allowed into Israel and Palestinian spouses of Israelis are not allowed to live with them in Israel.

It's called apartheid.
  17. danny la rouge

Well, it didn't seem dishonest to me, dylans.
  18. Knotted

Knotted Too much dancing on the fight floor

19. dylans

We will have to agree to disagree. Either way there is no harm in pointing out that the link he posted was produced and distributed by Israeli intelligence. That's all.
  20. danny la rouge

No harm in that at all, no.
  21. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

22. the button

the button antagonistic but good value

Not strictly on-topic (but I think we're past that now :D): -

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8315
  23. danny la rouge

Utterly. This is why people get cross.
  24. frogwoman

25. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Profoundly daft. How on earth would they determine if a non-Israeli citizen had supported a boycott?
  26. danny la rouge

They've passed the tipping point and lunged into the ravine, haven't they? It's Kafka-esque. :(
  27. the button

the button antagonistic but good value

I would quite happily write to them and tell them. In fact, I think that -- if this bill becomes law -- millions of people around the world should hand themselves in for this offence. Individually. In writing. At the same time.
  28. frogwoman

They'd call the police if the shopping trolley didn't have at least one settlement product in it.

"Help! Police!"
    "What's wrong?"
    "This person hasn't brought any products from the west bank! We think he's participating in the boycott!"
    "OK, we'll be round right away!"
  29. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

Only an anti-semite doesnt buy Jaffa Oranges :mad:
  30. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet

It prevents people from promoting the boycott, and pre-deports anyone promoting it abroad.

The US have had a law preventing companies from boycotting Israel for some time, IIRC.