1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me or have bras gone really boring?

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by madzone, Apr 11, 2012.

1. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I am stuck at the moment.
    I have put on a lot of weight since last year but still just too big for normal high-street clothes and just too small for the shops for larger ladies.
    I don't have any new clothes unless I steal the boys :(
  2. felixthecat

felixthecat embarrassing mother

I have just suffered a bra shop with the daughter who, inconveniently appears to be a 30E or F. Today I have found out that thats a fucking stupid size to be if ever there was one:rolleyes::facepalm: .

And BTW if I'd seen this before I would have told you that Evans bras NEVER fit. Christ knows how they do their sizing and fit, but it follows no normal human shape that I have ever come across:mad: .

I need a drink, its been a traumatic experience.
  3. zenie

zenie >^^<

They had a stall at Vintage last year, beautiful, beautiful, might put for one on the christmas list :D

I also think, sometimes when stuff is 'handmade' you wonder if it'll last :hmm:

Asked on another thread, but how do you know you're wearing the wrong/right size? I've been a 34c for the last 10 years! :oops:
  4. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Bitch ;) :p
    zenie likes this.
  5. toggle

toggle on holiday to complete thesis

go to a decent bra shop and ask to be fitted.

marks can be good or terrible, depending on whether the fitter trieds to follow their size guide or whehter they know it's bollocks and go by their own knowlege. last woman who fitted me in marks din't need to meausre me to find a perfect size bra. just went by the size i was in and how bad that looked
    zenie likes this.
  6. felixthecat

http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/fitting-video/

This is a pretty good guide:)
    zenie likes this.
  7. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Yeah, she's going to need a lot of bras bought over the next few years. It's not nice being an odd size like that at all.
    If you don't think you're wearing the right size it's free to go into Bravissimo or John Lewis or wherever and get measured up. You don't have to buy anything.
    zenie likes this.
  8. zenie

zenie >^^<

:D They don't seem to change size, or I'm just wearing the wrong size :oops:

Ta

Yeh that was good thanks *adjusts straps*
  9. spawnofsatan

spawnofsatan Left in disgust

Apprentice bra fitter seeking voluntary work, for contact details please pm;)
    toggle, zenie and kittyP like this.
  10. spawnofsatan

Ps can work with scaffolding or delicate wirework.:D
    zenie and kittyP like this.
  11. Cloo

Cloo Upmarket chicken concept

John Lewis and Debenhams are nice for colourful bras - certainly last time I was in a John Lewis there were plenty of nice ones. Shame I can't have any until I've done with the breastfeeding though!
  12. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

Previous experience?
  13. spawnofsatan

Always willing to lend a hand
  14. madzone

Just the one?
  15. spawnofsatan

The other one has missing bits:(
  16. madzone

I thought I'd already looked at Debenhams but it seems not. I've ordered these
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm not sure about the red one ( althought it's apparently less orangey irl than in the pic) but all three together are the same price as the rank Evans one.
    5t3IIa, stuff_it and quimcunx like this.
  17. madzone

As long as it's warm I'm not fussy.

Thats a maxim which has served me well all my life.
    spawnofsatan likes this.
  18. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

This seems as good a place as any for this. :facepalm:

Just got delivery of this top.

http://www.bonprix.co.uk/product/v-neck-wraparound-top-magenta-946672/?sk=2

Nothing special and all that, just a good standard daytime casual summer top, competitively priced.

But if you have bigger boobage than me you might find it useful. You see that seam below the bust? It's actually quite low down on me* so if you are bigger boobed than me, I'm in the 38/dd or 40 d area, you might find it quite useful. I get so annoyed with tops that have a separate area for boobage which would be great if it actually fitted, cutting my boobs in half.

*although I don't think it is designed to be entirely snug against the bust anyway.
  19. madzone

I like that. If it was a few inches longer I'd get a few for uni.
  20. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Breaking in my bra

What I do not get about Evans is that although they are outsize their bras do not go up to very big cup sizes-weird-I have complained about it in the past.

Madz if you are ever down Bristol way there is an excellent bra shop in Keynsham called 'Perfect Fit' I go there -well at least to be fitted. They are proper old school:D
    stuff_it and felixthecat like this.
  21. felixthecat

Yep Kali - humungous back sizes in a B cup seems to be all they ever stock.:confused:

I know Perfect Fit, or Perfect Tit as it is known in my large breasted family. Be prepared to be (wo)manhandled :D
  22. mentalchik

mentalchik far too big for her boots

are they from the Gorgeous range madz
  23. madzone

Yes, I think they are
  24. mentalchik

:cool:

My fav brand is Freya but they are way too expensive and the Gorgeous range are a very good alternative.........never got on with Evans or M&S bras..........just coz i have big mams doesn't mean i want them flattened into my armpits....

and what is it with everywhere being swamped in 'stiff molded cup' bras ??????:confused:
  25. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Before I got to the end of this thread I was gonna say that Debenhams have a better range than Marks at the moment. BUT having said that, they both bloody well woefully under order sizes so I can find my bra size but no knickers or vice versa and these days I quite like to have a matching set. Drives me up the chuffing wall cos I would buy them if they had the damn things.
  26. spanglechick

spanglechick Lying in the gutter, looking like a star.

Felix, I was a 30ff when I was first properly fitted aged 17 or 18. She's a lifetime of pain in the arse bra shopping ahoy, but at least there's bravissimo now, and Freya/fantasie and panache. In my day it was rigby and peller only, at £60-80 a throw.
  27. mentalchik

don't think i have ever had a matching bra and knickers..................................i hardly buy knickers though
  28. madzone

I have a few matching sets. I rarely wear the knickers as they always look shit and unflattering for some reason.
  29. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

commando ftw.
    spawnofsatan likes this.
  30. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

My old skool bra fitting place in Nottingham went bust (sorry!) a few years back. :(