1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me or have bras gone really boring?

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by madzone, Apr 11, 2012.

1. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate. Comfortable, well-made underwear makes life easier.

stuff_it likes this.
  2. madzone

DRAWER.

Pickman's model and weepiper like this.
  3. weepiper

weepiper eb slootly non verbal

Innit. Draw is a verb. Drawer is a thing that draws out.

4. spawnofsatan

spawnofsatan Left in disgust

Do they last though, I mean i'll spend a fair amount on a good coat or footwear, coz it will last ages, whats the lifespan of a bra?

5. claphamboy

claphamboy The wheels on the bus go round and round....

You are of course right, I am knackered & slowly falling to sleep having been up since 4.30am. :oops:

6. madzone

Depends how well you look after it I guess.

7. madzone

[​IMG]

kittyP likes this.
  8. weepiper

weepiper eb slootly non verbal

*searches around on hands and knees on floor for eyes*

9. madzone

I don't know how to make it smaller :D

10. equationgirl

equationgirl red Clydeside

weepiper likes this.
  11. Greebo

Greebo Does my bum look big in this paradigm shift?

FFS that's almost lifesize!

12. madzone

It's really not :D

kittyP likes this.
  13. toggle

toggle Fucking Furious Feminist

:D

i'm too busy writing a dissertation to be doing anyhting else anyway, i can give you a full rundown of the events after i finish the writeup if you would like. i'll mark it in my diary. may 2. handin writeup, go for a shag, pm madz.

14. madzone

Everyone stop complaining about the bloody size and comment on the bra! :mad:

15. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

They are this year. Yet all their swimming costumes are ridiculously impractical. (It's very hard trying to find a swimsuit for a 13-year-old girl who really does not want to show off her curves).

Breathe out?

And yep, that's a good bra. Lovely colour and not too frou-frou.

madzone likes this.
  16. toggle

toggle Fucking Furious Feminist

too similar to one i already have.

colour is ok, maybee but it looks faded not vivid.

17. spawnofsatan

Ahh the Hindenberg range of lingerie

18. madzone

How did you make it smaller? :hmm:

It is a bit 'scaffoldy' but I quite like that. I think it looks quite retro.

If you were buying it for yourself would you buy the red one or the green one> :D

19. Greebo

Greebo Does my bum look big in this paradigm shift?

It more or less would be on me. :(
    I'd wear it, but bear in mind that I take a 42B.

20. spawnofsatan

"How did you make it smaller? :hmm:"

You tend to have that effect on me....

madzone likes this.
  21. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Breaking in my bra

22. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

If I knew it was sturdy enough and I had a job I would definitely get at least one of those too, they are gorgeous.

23. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Not as cheap as Brastop.

Like I said I've also had good success through eBay by finding out the model and brand I wanted then looking it up to see if any of those small outlets have it.

More depends how many you have to swap between in my case. I have to handwash all of mine and I get about 3-4 months useful wear out of one if I have 3-4 at one time that are in a fit state to wear. My bras work hard though, I went out dancing last night and wore two as otherwise they jiggle about so much that blokes have to pull their mates off the dancefloor for gawping, male friends can't dance facing me, etc... :oops:

Still had to shoulder a few off last night that looked like they were about to topple into my cleavage. :facepalm:

24. madzone

The one from Evans came today. Well, I say 'came', my neighbour found it in the hedge at the bottom of the track :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's shit. The worst fitting bra I've tried on in a long time. Asda ones piss all over it in terms of fit - shame I'm banned from there really.

Back to square one....

kittyP likes this.
  25. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

Bra made in China - labour cost - about 20p.
    Bra made in Hackney - labour cost - about £40 - time to make (by one woman) a few hours. She has to pay the rent on the workshop and earn money to feed her and her kid as well. These bras aren't making her rich, just paying her a living wage.
    I think £92 is a good price for something handmade and made to measure. If you bought a designer bra made in a factory it would be more than double.
    You pays your money you makes your choice.
    We don't normally pay the true cost of what things cost to make anymore. We're not really paying people a living wage. It's called capitalism.

26. madzone

Very true. For an expertly handmade item it's actually very resonably priced.

27. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Why did you order from Evans? I thought their clothes were ill fitting nightmares according to one recent thread. Why would their bras be any different?

28. madzone

Have you read the thread? :D

29. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

'clothes built like tubes'

30. madzone

It wasn't me who said that. I hate Evan clothes but their tights are ok so I gave them a go. It was the closest thing I'd seen to what I want. apart from the green bravissimo one.