1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is a Welshman a different 'race' to an Englishman?

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by Stobart Stopper, Jan 7, 2005.

1. meurig

meurig Agent Raconteur

That's a relief - I was really worried about the stray ginger ones.

<understatement>I don't think ern's being entirely serious.</understatement>

But it's not entirely helpful when it's possible people who don't habitually hang out on urban75 might read this thread and not immediately grasp that.

2. LilMissHissyFit

LilMissHissyFit Disturbed in a pink bra

Ginger ones eh?Is that a welsh trait? ( I am being semi serious here :D
    Is being read haired ( wherever you happen to have hairy bits) a welsh/celtic thing?

3. Thumper Browne

Thumper Browne Big Wheel Up

Surely its a Nordic feature?

4. meurig

meurig Agent Raconteur

I dunno. All the gingers in my family are about as Welsh as you can get, and short arses to boot.

Aren't Nordic types stereotypically tall and blond?

5. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

On the contrary.. he is a great spokesman for Welsh Nationalism.

:D

6. Thumper Browne

As Welsh as you can get, are we back to Ernie's Celtic Purity?

Nah that's the Germanic types, innit?

I'm on thin ice here, but I think I'm right?

7. LilMissHissyFit

I thought the UK had one of the only populations of gingers in the world? Welsh Men have long bodies and short legs

8. meurig

meurig Agent Raconteur

God no. Please no.

Short arsed, chapel going, bilingual Plaid apparatchiks.

I was thinking living up to stereotypes rather than dna Thumper.

I've only been to Stockholm in Scandyland, and I was amazed by the amount of tall blond people.

I felt like a gnome in comparison.

9. Thumper Browne

Coolio, funny I'm about as Welsh as you can get in that respect also.

Germans on holiday!?

That's me that is. 27" inside leg :oops:

10. LilMissHissyFit

Cor! Me too and Im 5ft hahahahaha

11. meurig

meurig Agent Raconteur

Short body, short legs me - just short generally.
    :D

12. Julie

Julie Dance little lady...

I have a genuine question: Is there some degree of animosity between Welsh and English people?

If there is, why is that?

If there isn't, please ignore this post :oops:

Edit: My question is not designed to shit-stir

13. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

Well, it all started in about 410AD with the collapse of Roman Authority in Britain...

14. Karac

Karac Mae Hen Wlad Fy Mamau

Yeah when the Saxon hordes invaded Cymru.

15. Karac

This is what i think.
    Non Welsh speaking Welsh people are just as Welsh as Welsh speakers.
    If i had kids theyd learn Welsh.

16. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

When Gwrtheyrn sold us out to Hengist and Hortha.

17. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Bathing in the golden gloop

Saw this on a van in Bangor this morning...

www.celtest.com

They have 'laboratory services'

:rolleyes: :D

18. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

A Celtic DNA test, in progress ... :D

[​IMG]

Do you live in Bangor, Mwgdrwg??

19. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Bathing in the golden gloop

No, but not far. :)

20. LilMissHissyFit

Of course they would if you live in wales and send them to a state school, they are required to, its law

21. Karac

I know-i really shouldnt post when i get in from the pub!
    Its always a load of cobblers.

22. LilMissHissyFit

Drnken ramblings can be so funny though so dont stop :D

23. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Only asked cos I lived there for a few years :)

We used to drink in the Kings Arms (High Street, not far from the Castle Hotel) and the Union Garth ...

I'm talking of my underage days, mainly :D

24. Main Street

Main Street New Member

Maybe that's Rentonite's aka bush sucker man aka trigger problem. Stick em up!

25. nwnm

nwnm total fucking user!

26. Kings

Kings Just passing though

I made a Google search for 'Trons Drewllyd' for reasons I'm not going to get into now.
    I chose the link that seemed the most interesting and it brought me here ....
    Arglwydd mawredd split my sides .. seriously ...
    I had to read the rest of the thread of course ... it's been educational and thoroughly entertaining.
    Though we are now 6 years further down the line this very 'conversation' is still true today ... especially for me and especially today.
    I'm a self employed carpenter in the Netherlands and I've been here now nigh on 20 years. I grew up on Ynys Mon though I was born in Manchester ... am I a proud Cymro ? Fucking right I am !

So what about my day then ? Well I worked today on a Monumental building in Leiden with Ahmed, a Moroccan man born in the Netherlands and JP a Frenchman from Normandy and we all talk Dutch together.
    JP has the inevitable French accent but I can get away with being Dutch most of the time ... but I have never come across an Englishman who could say the same. Even though strictly speaking, via Frisian, English is a next of kin to the Dutch.

If there's one thing I've hated in all my time here, that is being called an Englishman. Due to the lack of basic education most (but not all) of the people I meet dont know the difference or the differences between the peoples of the four British nations, so I take it upon my self to explain it to them, it makes conversation, and I sound like I know shit !

I'm also a member of a small music site where I have in the past received horrible comments on the Welsh songs I uploaded ... by who? Would you believe it, by a bloody Englishman ... fuck they are so small minded, pena bach !
    And that's what I told him too, in a PM, he did remove all of his stupidity from my song threads ... we have a 'slightly' more dignified way of talking to each other than you guys do ! lol

If it is something, it's something inside ... calon lan sydd llawn daioni, tecach yw na'r lili dlos.
    It's a beating hart, a raging mind and a serenading soul ... believe me I know.
    The frustrations come from not knowing (like not knowing what the fuck to do with a cheeky englishman) or from simply not knowing how to express what is in actual fact a total emotion.

As proud as I am I'm a bit tired of the whole Welsh / English thing (from the Cymru) it makes your world seem so very small, though as you can read I can relate completely to the feeling and have to deal with it regularly.

Racism it most definitely is not we are all Arian, nationalism it is, wanting to care for something incredible while some single celled dumb ass blindly tries to trample it to dust .... over my dead body boyo, not then, not now, not ever, what ever your comments ; )

Lock&Light likes this.
  27. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Sailing to Byzantium

no we're not. i doubt there's many arians in europe - the heresy dropped out of sight hundreds of years ago. perhaps you mean aryan? we're not that either, it's all a big lie.

and ime the only people who talk about aryans are wrong uns. are you a wrong un?

28. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

18 pages, dang just think what will happen if they win the WRC,

(;

29. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

piss of with your "they" :facepalm:

croeso, i guess, kings

30. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Oh deer.