1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview with a 'compliance officer'.......always a bad thing?

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by aurora green, May 16, 2007.

1. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

Anyone know anything?
    Or had an interview with a compliance officer at the dole office...?

I'm not worried really, because I have absolutely nothing to be worried about, but all the same, I can't help feeling a slightly anxious..

2. hazyp

hazyp Sunshine on a rainy day

A compliance meeting is where you may have been claiming more benefit than is actually due...could have been tipped off by someone?

There may be nothing much to worry about...but a tip is, if you have been getting extra money from elsewhere, its better to own up to it as then they will just make you pay back the overpayment, whereas if you deny it, its more likely to go to court..but even then unlikely.

Its worse if you're interviewed by Fraud...that means the investigation is more serious.

Good luck!!

3. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

I haven't been claiming anything I shouldn't.
    Or getting any money from elsewhere.

Are you saying, you think I'm definately being investigated then?

4. hazyp

Have you had any money you havent declared from CSA or anything like that? I work at the Jobcentre, and from experience its usually something like that. Or have you moved recently? Sometimes its just something like your post being returned as 'not at this address' .

5. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

Nothing at all...nor have I moved, can't say about my mail though, but I recieved this letter alright...

I'm wondering if it could be because I am starting teacher training in September and have already began applying for grants, and talking with the tax office about changing to child tax credits (haven't done that yet though)...
    Could this have triggered an interest?

6. hazyp

Definately...or almost definately. When you make enquiries, notes are made on a computor screen, and they are read by various departments...and it only takes someone to put 'is doing training' instead of saying you're finding out about training and they'll be interested.

Dont worry...its probably something about nothing. Good luck with your teacher training!!

7. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

I got called in a while back.

I think it was because a neighbour who had been harassing me for some time had called and told them someone was living with me.

A friend had been staying in my spare room, because he had nowhere else to live, but he wasn't paying rent or 'owt like that.

I just answered their questions and it wasn't a problem.

It may be because someone has made a note on the system about training or something and they're just checking it out.

Bloody annoys me though, harassing people.

8. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

Thanks.:)

I'm just gonna hope it is something to do with that.

9. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

And sometimes it's because some piece of shit keeps reporting you to the fraud hotline.
    I had 4 "interviews" in the course of a year before the office was able to take my point that if they hadn't found me conning them in the course of their 4 investigations, then they just might be getting malicious reports about me.

10. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

I can't bear the idea that someone's maliciously reported me.
    Surely I don't know anyone who'd do such a thing..
    ...and anyway, there is absolutely nothing to report.

Wish I could just get the interview over and done with, and stop worrying.

11. Kidda

Kidda Z is for stripey oss

:cool: :cool:
    cant help with the original post cos im no good at job centre stuff

but i cant think of a better person to do teacher training :cool:

good luck with it x

12. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

The problem is that sometimes people make assumptions.

if you have something delivered and a busybody knows you don't work, they jump to conclusions, usually (because they're small-minded nosy bastards with the intellect of a fox turd) conclusions that place you in the wrong, and them as brave defenders of the public purse.

Sad but true.

Still, could just be that it's your "turn" to be interviewed. I'm sure the buggers have a tombola in the staff room. :(

13. hazyp

The staff do have to interview anyone who gets reported, even if they think its a false report, just in case its true.

Dont worry, you can give them all the answers they need and they will close the case.