1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iHome landline (Android question!)

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by Piers Gibbon, May 12, 2011.

1. Piers Gibbon

Piers Gibbon Well-Known Member

So I have just bought 100 quids worth of the iHome Android landline

http://www.wirefresh.com/binatone-d...ones-almost-sexy/comment-page-1/#comment-4909

Seems a bit slow and unimpressive at the moment to be honest...If I were you I would wait until someone makes a better one..which they should, it's a great idea

One reason for getting it was to rapidly get numbers into it without typing them all in. (I mostly use the mobile for business but I have a landline anyway for my ISDN voiceover recording studio and I hate paying mobile charges for all those 0800 or 0845 or 0870 numbers...)

But even though I can email myself a VCF address card the phones email reader cannot open the VCF file...grrrr

Any ideas as to how I can get addresses from my mac/iphone to the iHome?

I am enjoying learning the Android OS...but

“The unit uses Android 1.6. This cannot be upgraded due to the limitations of the chipset installed.”
  2. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

Well, it is a *Binatone* product! Can the thing access the Android Market?
  3. Piers Gibbon

after a long time..yes indeed I can access the Android market!

is there a magical app that will help me out?
  4. editor

Can you not export all your iPhone addresses into GMail and then read that on the phone?
  5. Piers Gibbon

sounds plausible!

I have set up a new gmail account...will export iphone addresses to that...

and then we'll see

thanks mate
  6. rhod

rhod Mickey Mozart

The real strength of Android is the google synchronisation with your contacts, calendars, rss reader etc.

For example, I heard a reminder go off on my mobile upstairs the other day. Couldn't be arsed to go upstairs to silence it, but as I was logged on downstairs I just altered the reminder in google calendar and silenced the damn thing without moving an inch!
  7. Piers Gibbon

8. editor