1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was your cycle commute?

Discussion in 'transport' started by ChrisFilter, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

I didn't have an inner tube and the puncture is beyond repair.. was nowt to do with the weather.

As for not sweating, Boris, you're a freak. Even when I was fit and slim, I would sweat torrents.
  2. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Oh Craptain My Craptain

No, I meant you are a pussy for not being able to manage a steep hill
  3. Boris Sprinkler

Boris Sprinkler Jizz Lasso

Cheers. I sweat in the gym or playing football and feel the ache afterwards. Cycling here is no sweat (v flat). I do 30km a couple of nights a week. Guess I must have the build for it.
  4. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

I only cycled monday and tuesday after 2 weeks off the bike but I have noticed that pedestrians seem to have got even more reckless/stupid . I had 3 near misses from people walking out in front of me on Monday and another 2 on Tuesday . And the car drivers weren't much better :mad:
    Although I was quite chuffed to only have to stop at 1 traffic light on the way home on Tuesday , I still haven't managed the elusive 0 red lights yet :(
  5. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Well nice. It's half-term so the roads were virtually empty. Also, it wasn't raining or excessively cold.
  6. Orang Utan

I've managed it twice in two years
  7. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

But I can now, you 'nana :p
  8. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

The flatness may have a lot to do with it.
  9. 100% masahiko

100% masahiko i is a professor and is magical like totoro

And also how hard you cycle.
  10. Termite Man

How many lights do you have to go through . I always end up having to stop at the end of acre lane :mad:
  11. Boris Sprinkler

that and my bike weighs next to nothing. 19 pounds or just under. With no looking over your shoulder for buses baring down on you or owt.
  12. Boris Sprinkler

42 x 16 fixed.
  13. Orang Utan

12 including crossings I think
  14. Termite Man

I have 22 on the way to work ( 21 normally but there are road works at the moment ) and 18 ( normally 17 ) on the way home .
  15. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

It's knackering! Not sure if I've ever done City-Brixton without a single red, though. There are loads of lights on that route.
  16. Boris Sprinkler

13 on my ride to work here. I always try and do it without putting a foot down.
  17. Orang Utan

It's exhilarating!
  18. Termite Man

I count the foot down as stopping , if I'm not moving but able to keep my feet on the pedals and balance then I haven't stopped :D
  19. Orang Utan

I do Brixton-Westminster, so maybe not as far as yoy
  20. Orang Utan

You don't do that stupid balancing act do you?
  21. Termite Man

No I'm crap at doing that . I just know how the lights on my journey go so if I see a red light ahead then I slow down so I don't have to stop . Thats why the lights at Brixton Town Hall fuck me up , there is no real scope for going slow because there are too many cars waiting at the lights !
  22. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

Currently my commute is annoying as I am waiting for the return of my nice frame with added bling of a deep rich Indigo with high metallic lacquer. The spare bike I thought was OK, now I've got better, its a piece of shit.
  23. Boris Sprinkler

you mean trackstands? Yes. A good skill to have IMO
  24. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

Surely putting a foot down is safer?
  25. Boris Sprinkler

only if you can't balance.
  26. Orang Utan

why? It just seems a stupid waste of concentration and energy
  27. Boris Sprinkler

well, for example I don't use spd's and if i have to start off cycling from a light trying to get a toe into clips, that impeeds my concentration. Therefore, stay as you are. Take off easily.

Plus it looks cool, once you get it sussed there is nothing better thatn cycling backwards out of a trackstand and spinning the bike into a forwards momentum. Of course, you don't to do that on the daily commute.
  28. Orang Utan

It's just a stupid show off thing. No practical use, esp if you use SPDs
  29. Boris Sprinkler

esp if you use spd's IMO.
  30. Orang Utan

Are you saying it's useful if you use SPDs?