1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How shit does "Zombies Run!" sound?

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by editor, Jun 16, 2012.

1. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

People can and should try developing apps that combine with moving about in the real world & mobile devices in some way. Someone will stumble on something that doesn't suck eventually, and if not then at least we know its a dead end.

This particular example sounds a bit shitty to me because the game at that stage of development looks rather dull, and also because if you are going to try to cash in on zombie popularity, you need to embrace a certain aesthetic and sense of fun and over the top wackiness, and these people don't seem like the best candidates for achieving that, too middle-of-the-road.

But hey, they raised $76,626 on kick-starter so what do I know. Maybe there are a load of runners out there who are pretty boring and have low standards for what passes as interesting.

3. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

ohmyliver likes this.
  4. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Grrr, found another reason to bitch about these people. I was looking into crowdfunding and found a Guardian article about Kickstarter. Not only does she use the article to plug her game, but she totally fails to mention that you need a US bank account to use kick-starter. Waste of time. Mind you some of the comments are funny as business types rant and rave about not getting a return on investment :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/09/crowdfunding-pebble-watch-kickstarter

5. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I think the idea sounds like really good fun.
    I do think that the end result will be disappointing though :(