1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many times do you use a teabag?

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Johnny Vodka, Apr 14, 2012.

1. silverfish

silverfish Sprinkling glitter on turds

I'm currently sat in front of a half litre enamel mug, It needs two tea bags for each cuppa whether green tea or normal builders tea.

How do I take it? Julie Andrews

QueenOfGoths likes this.
  2. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

If only my husband is having tea, then at least twice because he likes very weak tea with no milk, in fact he hasn't noticed a couple of times when it's just been hot water :D If it's not just for him then once because I'll do a proper pot, although I prefer loose leaf on the whole.

spliff likes this.
  3. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Black puddings very black today, Mother!

Once. I may, as others have said, top up the pot with water but more often I would make another pot. I like my tea strong and unperfumed. Unlike my men!

4. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

Brizzle water is not very nice compared to yorkshire water though. It really does make a difference. The water in Goole however is so disgusting that when I was there I bought bottled water for the kettle!

5. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I use a teabag once.

6. maldwyn

maldwyn What?

Just the once, dear.

7. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

I use them once, you bloody weirdos!

It's not the war!

8. twentythreedom

twentythreedom a Somali pirate riding a dinosaur, obviously

multiple teabagging <snigger> ;)

stuff_it likes this.
  9. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I drink really weak tea but have never considered re-using a tea bag.

I may have once or twice when down to the last one, eeked two cups but only at the same time.
    I think once been used and gone cold that's it.

I am talking 'normal tea' though :)

10. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Aye i'm off me roker! xx

11. dessiato

dessiato Galatians 6:10

You like your men weak and perfumed? :hmm:

Anyway, I only use a bag once. I make green tea by infusing the bags for about three minutes, sweetening it to taste and drinking it.

The local tea lady uses a tea strainer full of tea, pours boiling water through it, onto a large scoop of milk powder, a sprig of mint and a scoop of sugar. Tastes great.

12. spliff

spliff suitably seedy

The very first time I met Ms Spliff she made a pot of tea without any tea and nobody noticed.
    (We had been taking other substances which may have impacted on our cognitive skills)
    It was nice as I recall, quite hot and very milky. :D

13. ButterPie

ButterPie Member

Once - when you do a pot, you always give the pot a bag/scoop, so why would it be acceptable to give each cup less than one. Madness.

14. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

Ewww what?

As I am the only tea-drinker in the house I usually make a single mug of tea at a time (I have teapots for when I have tea-drinking guests and need to make a greater quantity of tea) but the idea of re-using teabags is disgusting. No matter how bad my financial situation, I have never sunk that low. I'd rather go without a cuppa than reuse a teabag. *shudder*.

I do like proper strong tea mind you, a second cup out of a teabag would be fucking horrible weak shit.

15. moose

moose Sat here like Piffy on a rock bun

Never. Teabags are rubbish.

16. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

There's a Three Ginger herbal "tea" (it's a herbal infusion, damnit!) that's powerful enough to get a half decent second cup. It's nothing like the first, but the first is pretty fiery so it's a bit soothing to make a second. I imagine there are some other herbal blends this would work with.

I would never, ever reuse Tea (meaning an infusion of dried, usually fermented Camellia sinensis). I'll grant an exception if you're continually making tea (like in a good caff) and some of it does sit around from top up to top up.

17. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Once!!! And I have a pint mug which I gulp down several of a day.

I must dig out my teapot so I can have a proper brew.

18. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

never - i don't drink tea, of any sort - can't stand the stuff....

19. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

I never drank tea until this year.
    I must have got old. :(