1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help other posters with their present problems

Discussion in 'Christmas and Year Review 2009' started by pootle, Dec 13, 2009.

1. pootle

pootle little moran

Right - I'm thinking maybe other posters can help each other out wi' gift suggestions?

For example, what can I get my brother? He's 37, doesn't have much in the way of interests other football, to a mildly obsessive level - Cheltenham Town and England though :facepalm:

He buys all the dvds/cd's etc he's into himself. He does travel alot overseas though for work so I was thinking maybe something related to that and he's currently stripping and rebuilding a motorbike, so something related to that?

Given that I haven't got much of a clue about lower league football, motorbikes and rarely stray further than south of the river, what would posters who DO know about such things suggest he might like as a present?
  2. trashpony

trashpony The kittens are taking over the world

How about some multi-voltage thingy from muji?

[​IMG]

Or a suit hanging thingy?

[​IMG]
  3. bi0boy

bi0boy .

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model let's kill the king

1966 england replica shirt.

next
  5. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

Year's subscription to "Classic Motorcycle Mechanic" or just "Motorcycle Mechanic" if it's not a classic?

Actually, what sort of motorbikes does he like? Personally, I would love for Christmas any of the following if I didn't have them: tank bag, handlebar muffs or heated grips, stick-on clock, winter bike gloves, balaclava, disc lock/new lock and chain, thin but very warm scarf (because your neck is always a bit draughty). Lidl do great tank bags but I don't think they've got a motorbike week coming up before Xmas.
  6. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

Get everyone a voucher for a massage.
  7. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Cat Herder

book token for everyone
  8. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

[​IMG]

I know he isn't a Coventry fan, but this classic 70s strip will cheer him right up on Christmas morn, trust me

not sure where you can buy
    it though tbh :facepalm:
  9. pootle

pootle little moran

Thanks Ruby - is a fancy, modern, fast motorbike if you see what I mean - is a Yamaha TDR250, apparently.

Ace idea though re: subscription! :cool:
  10. Voley

Voley "Dave From Ireland"

A Rough Guide to one of the places he visits a lot? When I travelled a bit this was the default prezzy everyone got me and it was genuinely useful. Still got some of em, all tattered and and covered in crap.
  11. Voley

Voley "Dave From Ireland"

Magazine subscriptions are a good gift, I agree. I've dropped a few serious hints that a Private Eye sub might be a good prezzy for me this year.
  12. jusali

jusali Back from the brink!

Buy any man a toy an 11 year old child would love and he'll be chuffed for life.
    A remote controlled helicopter should do the trick! :D
  13. Onket

Onket Gertcha

Why the :facepalm:? Seriously?
  14. newme

newme Giant in Pastyland now

He'll certainly be chuffed until he crash lands it a bit too much and it wont fly properly. *looks at 2 of them that dont quite go properly now* lol.
  15. idioteque

idioteque mustard tiger

Does anyone know of anywhere online I might be able to find a nice tea set? Am thinking of getting one for my boyfriends' parents because AFAIK they don't have any matching cups and saucers etc. Gonna get them something personal on top of that each, but the tea set is the main objective and I don't know where to look.
  16. pootle

pootle little moran

I'm a club, not country fan for a start (apart from the World Cup which is totally different) but why support Cheltenham Town? Better than Gloucester I s'pose which is in the Jules Verne League which is sorta technically our most local side.
  17. Onket

Onket Gertcha

People support their local side. The end.
  18. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

He's from Gloucester and he supports that lot? The traitor!
  19. Onket

Onket Gertcha

It's staying within the county though, isn't it!
  20. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

You couldn't possibly understand.
  21. Onket

Onket Gertcha

Probably not.

But at least the OP's brother isn't supporting someone from the other end of the country. Liverpool, for example. :hmm:
  22. pootle

pootle little moran

But what if someone's dad is scouser and someone had a season ticket at one stage cos they went to so many matches from the other end of the country? :hmm:

That reminds me, I had a dream that involved me borrowing someone's Season Ticket last night. And it was an actual ticket, rather than the more voucher-y style of these days. Odd. Anyway, as you were/are.
  23. Onket

Onket Gertcha

Doesn't count. :p

:D