1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me find some new clothes please

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by Biddlybee, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Biddlybee

Biddlybee making knots with sticks

I don't buy clothes that often, most are second hand or very old, which is no bad thing... but I got some vouchers for my birthday a few months back and still can't find owt :(

I've got M&S and arcadia (DP, Wallis, Topshop) vouchers, and want to try and at least get an outfit rather than knickers, socks and tights.

I think I'm looking for a dress, knitted dress, tunic or couple of nice tops, something completely different. No occasion in mind, but need suggestions from people. Help please :)

I am (very?) short and pear shaped - no boobs huge arse.
  2. zenie

zenie >^^<

Google us some images of what/who your inspiration is and we'll go from there? :cool: :)
  3. Biddlybee

I don't know who people are to be able to google them :( :facepalm: I don't think I have fashion inspirations.
  4. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

I can't help tbf, Bee....I'd have you dressed like a 5 year old in NO TIME! :( :rolleyes: :D
    zenie likes this.
  5. Biddlybee

shit idea to start a thread, but I can't do the shops, I only just get to work every day... was just hoping for a couple suggestions I guess.
  6. zenie

zenie >^^<

colours?? :)
  7. Biddlybee

brown, black, dark green, deep blues :)
  8. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Black puddings very black today, Mother!

9. temper_tantrum

temper_tantrum The beauty of the ride

I really like Dorothy Perkins for dresses :) (I know, I say this all the time - I'm not being paid to promote them, honest :oops: ).
    They're cut well for curves and not-tall-people.

I find that Zara and Mango are cut for thin, tall girls, in my experience, so I'd avoid them.
  10. Biddlybee

I do have a lot of dotty p dresses, but they all seem very short at the moment - maybe I'm being picky.

I don't like polyester either :oops:

Something wintery I guess is what I'm after.
  11. temper_tantrum

temper_tantrum The beauty of the ride

12. QueenOfGoths

13. QueenOfGoths

14. zenie

zenie >^^<

15. Biddlybee

ta tt, I think only the v neck one would suit my shape - did see the monsoon code, but trying to use my vouchers ;)

I think they might be an odd length on me quoggy, and I'm not sure about purple - it's one colour I don't really wear much.
  16. Biddlybee

17. QueenOfGoths

I really like the one on the left :cool:
    sheothebudworths likes this.
  18. zenie

zenie >^^<

Those two are nice, but they don't excite me like the other one, I guess you could accessorize them?! :eek: :D The darker one looks snuggly. :)

The clingy one has a video but the model is really tall so you can't tell how long it would be on a normal person! :mad:
  19. Biddlybee

ah, vid of the zigzag one makes it look a bit sack like with no shape :hmm:

I do think the turquoise one wouldn't be great with my arse and little pot belly though.
  20. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

You could wear it with a belt to help with that.
  21. Biddlybee

Not sure with my shape though, I'm ok with empire line as it makes my top half look bigger, but with the belt lower it just doubles my arse (I think :D).

I've never tried if to be fair *keeps an open mind*
  22. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

I'm not very wowed by what's in the shops at the moment either. Save them till you do see something you like, innit!
  23. Greebo

Greebo czy zamilowanie jest odpowiedz, co jest pytanie?

Definitely - if it really looks good on you you'll wear it more than if it was all you could find.
  24. Biddlybee

Yes this is the sensible thing, and what I will probably do - I just fancied something new tbh, and thought maybe I would find a few suggestions here.
  25. wayward bob

wayward bob official sideboard pervert

i've had a scout about for you bee but totally failed to find any inspiration :(
  26. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

I have no suggestions but you so do not have a huge arse :rolleyes:
    RubyToogood likes this.
  27. Biddlybee

^that's kinda what I do to people :D
    in comparison to my waist and my bust, yes it is quite big, actually alone it is quite big... 40" ain't small :rolleyes:
  28. madzone

That's probably how wide one of my thighs is. You don't look out of proportion so saying you have a HUGE arse will send people off looking for the wrong stuff :mad:
  29. Biddlybee

fuck it, not going to bite, can't be arsed (pun fucking intended!)
  30. madzone

Not going to bite what? :confused: