1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble getting a boys suit

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by moomoo, Jun 21, 2012.

1. moomoo

moomoo Not so yummy mummy

32" chest

30" waist

29" inside leg

2. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Chest = 81cm

Waist = 76cm

Inside leg = 74cm

moomoo likes this.
  3. moomoo

So he needs an age 13 jacket and age 16 trousers. Does that sound right?

4. moomoo

5. sheothebudworths

Hmmmm....that doesn't sound right at all, tbf :D

The trousers, yes...but then a 13 year olds jacket is going to have arms that are way too short. I'd just go with the 16 year old for both...you could always order a 15, too (or lower!) and return whichever doesn't fit (I generally do that with my son...order a couple of sizes of each cos their returns are free and it means you won't spend out on two lots of p&p if you just have to reorder, iyswim).

How old IS he?

6. moomoo

He's 16.

I didn't know I could order a couple of each and return them. I'll do that then.

7. sheothebudworths

You can order as many as you like, tbf!

If he's generally smaller than his age (iyswim) I'd go for a 15 and16 in each and ignore the chest measurement stuff (waist is most relevant, eh...especially seeing as how that does actually fit with their sizing for a 16 yr old!)....if he's bigger, get a year above etc.

8. moomoo

Oh well, I've tried to order them but it says stock will be despatched within 2 weeks. The prom is on Thursday. I have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do now. :(

I have to order it online if at possible because then I can use my credit card (I don't have a pin number lol).

Thanks for your help anyway. :) x

9. sheothebudworths

Or order all three :D

Do you have a credit account with them? :hmm:
    I do so don't have to pay up front, obv (I then pay the whole lot off when they send the next statement so it's still interest free)...but if not then they'd charge you for everything you ordered and then refund it...so if that's an issue you might want to give them a call and just check how quickly the money would be refunded into your account, cos it's not always straight away, iyswim.

10. sheothebudworths

Ah, fuck :(

Are there no others on there that'd do?

11. sheothebudworths

12. sheothebudworths

Plus they're reduced and there was a code for 10% off when I opened up the site, too...which'd take the whole thing down to just under £40 :cool:

13. sheothebudworths

No faster delivery option...delivery is free but takes 2-4 working days....

14. sheothebudworths

And the 10% off code is HB36

15. moomoo

I've managed to order a jacket and trousers from Next. Can't really risk Debenhams cos of the delivery which is a shame because it's cracking value!

I've just realised he's going to need a shirt, tie and shoes isn't he? Oh God... :(

sheothebudworths likes this.
  16. sheothebudworths

*like* for the successful order :cool: not for the extra stuff! :(

moomoo likes this.
  17. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

Couldn't he primarni the shirt and tie?

stuff_it and sheothebudworths like this.
  18. moomoo

Oh, totally! :D

purenarcotic likes this.
  19. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Is he planning to end up in court a lot through 6th form then? Lads tend to keep on filling out till well into their 20s so if you did buy one you couldn't rely on it continuing to fit - hire one. Make sure he knows how much it is and that if he needs one again at short notice he will have to chip in.

20. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

If he ended up in court, it isn't the judge he'd have to fear. :D

stuff_it and moomoo like this.
  21. moomoo

Right. We went to Debenhams and have hired one. We nearly gave the salesman a heart attack when we said it was for Thursday though! He normally likes 4 weeks notice apparently so I had to do a lot of chatting up. It will be delivered to store on Thursday and there's no guarantee yet that it will even fit! Our fitting appt is at 1.30 and he leaves for his prom at 6.30. Talk about cutting it fine! :D

I've got the one arriving from Next tomorrow so I can send that back. Or I may keep it til after Thurs just in case...

*Head explodes*

weepiper likes this.
  22. sheothebudworths

Sounds like the PERFECT PLAN, mooms! :D :cool:

23. moomoo

There's shoes to get yet. That'll probably be a WHOLE new thread... :rolleyes:

Oh, and as we were walking home, a chap stopped to ask us for directions to town. It was easier to just get in the car and show him rather to try to explain so that's what we did. He said he was a film director from LA, blah, blah, blah and practically told us his life story! He's given me his number and said I'm to contact him in December when he'll be over here making a film and we can go and spend a day on set. And then he offered to buy us a coffee to thank us which I declined. My son was well impressed but I told him to take it all with a pinch of salt! :D

gaijingirl and sheothebudworths like this.
  24. sheothebudworths

Blimey...that's a bit of an exciting shopping trip! :eek: :cool: :D

Shit like that never happens on the bus :(

25. moomoo

Well, why a film director from LA would be meeting another film director for a coffee in Cafe Nero in Redditch is beyond me! Still, it gave me a bit of a giggle and it was my good deed done for the day. :D

26. sheothebudworths

Well, they have to make the film/buy their coffee somewhere, I suppose! :hmm:

(PMSL when you put it like that, though :D )

27. TheHermit

TheHermit Banned Banned

Try TKMaxx just solved similar problem there- you might be lucky!

28. moomoo

What did I tell ya?? Shoes. We went to Matalan and Tesco today. He found shoes in both that he liked and they were only £15 but of course they didn't have his flipping size!! :mad:

29. moose

moose Sat here like Piffy on a rock bun

This thread is useless without pics of a smart young chap.

30. moomoo

I'll take some this evening before he goes. :)

Greebo likes this.