1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury 2010 - 40th Anniversary

Discussion in 'festivals' started by paolo, Sep 9, 2009.

1. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Nearly sold out!

2. sparklefish

sparklefish Well-Known Member

Shit really? :eek: Hope there's some left for the v family in a day or two.

3. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

SOLD OUT :eek:

4. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

Oh well :(

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Sailing to Byzantium

sold out many years ago

6. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

There's me not even bothering. Don't know how Eavis will be able to claim it's the best one ever without me there.

7. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

And me. That disability platform will be nothing without me :mad:

8. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

I would keep checking the website as they sometimes release a few extra if people cancel between now and April

9. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

With a deposit scheme, 100% certain that there will be more on sale as people don't pay or pull out.

Hard to believe that it sold out this early though.

10. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Sources for more tickets:
    - Failed deposit transactions. These should be available in a week or two.
    - Lapsed deposits. 2% didn't settle last year, so that's about 3000.
    - Unused tickets from the locals allocation. April-ish I think.
    - Cancellations before the early May cut off.

11. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

I didn't get my daughters ticket for this year until about april. I had no luck with the seeticket website yesterday, just loads of errors. hopefully I'll be able to get her a ticket later on. I'm still pretty sure I won't go next year, but she's desperate to go.

12. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

I find it hard to believe they'll top last years headliners.. Hopefully if they do announce the original Genesis line-up as headliners then there will be afew people pulling out..

13. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Ive still not recieved a confirmation email

I got through to the confimation page about 10am yesterday morning.

14. LilMissHissyFit

LilMissHissyFit Disturbed in a pink bra

got mine all sorted so am mightily relieved:)

15. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

i went to the seetickets site and did the ticket tracker, and it has confirmed that i'd got one.

16. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

FFS! :mad:

Waiting until April then....

17. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Tried for 6 hours yesterday - got onto the final page (in which you enter your payment details), and it kicked us out every single fucking time.

We gave up in the late afternoon, reasoning that we could get them today when it would be quieter.

So pissed off, I don't have time to keep checking the Seetickets page, so there's little chance of getting a ticket if they don't do an official re-sale :mad:

18. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Only been checking peoples' progress with ticket attempts today. Had no idea the tickets had all sold out already :eek:

Good luck to all people still hoping to get tickets in later releases, and for all lucky people already sorted with tickets, or working like we'll be, see you there in 2010! :cool: :)

19. sparklefish

sparklefish Well-Known Member

No not til april. Get registered and check in a few days. There might be failed transactions etc before the official resale.

20. ilovebush&blair

ilovebush&blair Well-Known Member

whats the point in buying tickets when you have no idea what bands are playing???

21. ethel

ethel Well-Known Member

you should all come and work for oxfam :)

22. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

If I didnt have my bubs I reckon I would. But I want a week off work, its the only one I will have next year......

23. Strawman

Strawman Well-Known Member

Because the bands arent the main attraction for a lot of people :)

24. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

They have bands?

last year i saw one big name band in the whole 6 days i was there...

having far too much fun doing and seeing random stuff.

:D

25. Garcia Lorca

Garcia Lorca Anger can be power

the bands are secondary, most of the amazing bands ive experienced, i have never heard of, or just stumble upon in small tents, wee stages or some corner somewhere....

see you all in 2010 :cool:

26. LilMissHissyFit

LilMissHissyFit Disturbed in a pink bra

this is the thing.... I want to go because its kinda becoming a "Thing wot we do" a group of randoms who have become mates who camped next to each other in 08 and its just grown from there... third year now and all sharing kids, cans,cuppas, camp showers and a happy atmosphere and enjoying whatever it is that we fancy at the time.Meeting up with peeps we know from outside the group or doing stuff together.

We know there will always be something we want to see and do, kids are well provided for on all sides always got adult attention as well as all the stuff thats on, sometimes we get kid free time to see what we want, someone will want to see what they want ( I took em to Black eyed peas for instance last year because I wasnt bothered what I saw) and everyones happy:)

27. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

Did you see Arcadia and Shangi La last this year.

There a point, not a whole tickets worth point but still a point. Then there is the comedy and the circus and the stone circle and the rabbit hole and and and...

If you can't think of a reason, well thats your bad isn't it.

28. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

That's exactly the point. We buy the tickets because we know it'll be the best weekend of the year regardless of who is playing.

29. El Jefe

El Jefe .. the Rural Juror

way to miss the point.

30. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

:) :) :cool: