1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury 2010 - 40th Anniversary

Discussion in 'festivals' started by paolo, Sep 9, 2009.

1. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

I watched the footage of that 'incident' (i.e. murder in front of the stage) only a few days ago. :eek:

2. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

Just for the 'anniversary' thing, I interviewed Linda Lewis at this year's Glasto who performed at the very first Glastonbury :cool:

Proper nice she was too :)

3. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

You'll have them captive in the car park this time. :)

4. Lord Camomile

Yeah, there could be something to having them in their cars, with their radios on, anticipating the festival. There's the potential to get quite the atmosphere going.

And some lucky sod could go out to the car park to interview them ;)

5. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

That wasn't a festival, it was a one day show in a stadium where expectation is that the audience are passive consumers of what the stars provide. Obviously Altamont was a bit of an exception, which is why everyone recognises the reference decades later, but without the murder on film it would have been just another stadium gig.

A festival is much more about everybody being an active participant in something collective (at least in my mind), which is where the likes of Billy Bragg fit in. I've found him a bit dull the last couple of times I've seen him too, but that's not the point, the guy is as much part of the festival as your or I or anyone else.

6. Gerry1time

Gerry1time pities the neurotypical

Good man.

7. mysterygirl

mysterygirl Stealth visit from work

Well I would still rather get there for car-park opening, tbh. Big car = plenty of room to sleep, even with camping gear = me NOT trying to drag myself out of bed at stupid o'clock = happier me (subject to coucil approval... ;))

Maybe you'll get lucky if you do decide to come, but that's one hell of a journey you have to do, it would make me think twice too...

8. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I hope you're able to make it in the end penni ... I totally understand why you're having big doubts and I sympathise but .... ;)

9. pennimania

pennimania still dre and drooling

remeber that I'm used to driving very long distances and I always combine it with visiting oldest son in London - and the lovely Miss-Shelf!!! :cool:

and then my mum on the way back oop north!

I haven't completely given up mind, but my daughter is signed up for the World Challenge to Mongolia in 2011, and that requires a huge commitment from all of us. Financial and time both. :eek:

10. pennimania

pennimania still dre and drooling

I know......;)

but this time it's as much about time and stuff.

I would try to get in on the Oxfam thing (if they'd have me) but I simply can't manage the extra days before that it entails. Also as kids are not 18 they can't do that anyway, and would have to hang around somewhere offsite till Wednesday am.

I might (will) try for 2011 :)

11. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

Word is a number of people managed to get their hands on golden tickets yesterday. Boris is now sorted William. :D

12. sparklefish

sparklefish Well-Known Member

What do you mean by golden tickets? I've been checking See everyday and nothing.

13. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

Well OK they aren't golden. They are just tickets. But they were definitely on sale again for a while yesterday. Sorry you missed out. :(

14. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Aye. They weren't meant to be on sale. Some kind of mistake at See. Apparently they will probably honour the orders though (and I'm sure deduct from the failed transactions count - not going to be 'extra tickets')

15. mysterygirl

You'd have to be used to the long distances where you live!!!

It would be truly lovely to see you if you could make it though. :)

16. sparklefish

sparklefish Well-Known Member

Oh I see. Not for me, I'm sorted but for madamv. She can't register until tomorrow so fingers crossed there will be lots of cancelled transactions. :)

17. Lord Camomile

:mad: :hmm:

In no way legally binding.

Is it? :(

18. William of Walworth

Belatedly seen this (been away from tinternet over thje w/e). Presuming that transaction holds, that's fantastic stuff! :cool:

Will contact him :)

19. madamv

madamv Snowball Wizard

Registered, just waiting for the photo approval...

Then fingers crossed that some poor unfortunate didnt have enough in their account to pay their deposit... :(

20. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

look, I know I said anybody but the Stones, but I really didn't mean Andy Williams, honest.

21. mysterygirl

Well I'm gonna blame you anyway.... :mad: :D :p

22. William of Walworth

Is this really a rumour for G2010? :(

Must have missed it. AW thinks President Obama's a communist .... :rolleyes:

23. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Sounding quite likely. He says he's been asked.

24. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

I heard this today as well. he's about 85 or something and has no voice left at all - he might not live 'til next summer.

25. Garcia Lorca

Garcia Lorca Anger can be power

26. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

27. fakeplasticgirl

fakeplasticgirl hysterically useless

Oh my god - haven't really been paying attention, just assumed would get tickets in the new year. And it's sold out?!?!?!

Gutted :( :( :(

28. William of Walworth

Just spent an enjoyable hour reading these FAQ and A (I was doing it for homework, like ;) :p ) and catching up with the extra/new pix and updates.

Pretty much anything you want to know about Glastonbury in advance of going is there -- comprehensive is it! :eek:

Cheers Tort :cool:

29. William of Walworth

FPG -- keep a very regular eye open between now and next year on the relevant websites for releases of extra tickets. Good luck!

Check this post from Tort on another thread for tips ...

30. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Is my Glasto Reg number I used for 2007/2008 still valid??