1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girls aloud's new single - "the promise"

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by dodgepot, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

manufactured Shit Does Not Belong Here.

2. Cheesypoof

girls Aloud/ Aqua/ Spice Girls - Fuck Off!:d

3. Cheesypoof

debate Their Hairdos On The Heat Forum - This Is An Anarchist Website.

:)

4. Cheesypoof

manufactured Shit Has No Place On Urban 75

5. Boris Sprinkler

Boris Sprinkler Jizz Lasso

But popular music is manufactured. That is how you got to hear it at the end of the process. Noone could argue the Sex Pistols were not manufactured, or that Bowie did not create a brand of himself. The point is most of the music you hear is manufactured. Why do you think they call it the music industry?

Just happens that girls aloud ang the process which they were put together (presume some pop stars thing) has been more public than most.

6. Cheesypoof

THIS IS AN ANARCHIST WEBSITE :)

7. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

To quote Lovecraft, "I think I went mad then".

8. isitme

isitme Banned Banned

Aqua and the Spice Girls were both awesome

9. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

Spice Girls were fine until they went R n B then I lost interest, they did pop better.

Cheesy, it's pop music get over it ffs.

10. isitme

isitme Banned Banned

Oh the later spice girls stuff was shit I agree, the early stuff was proper fun which is what pop music should be, tongue in cheek but an excuse to jump about and have fun :cool:

11. Cheesypoof

i didnt quote that, i quoted in colour

'manufactured shit has no place on urban 75.'

but it didnt come up. what came up was

THIS IS AN ANARCHIST WEBSITE :)

thats like religion.

12. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

It's actually a football website.

13. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

Aye.

14. isitme

isitme Banned Banned

The big problem with anarchism is that you have to let people do what they want and can't tell them what they should or shouldn't do or like ;)

Anyway this isn't an anarchist website it's had the same owner for 11 years :D

15. dodgepot

dodgepot New Member

oh, cheesy.

16. copliker

copliker ...

Wake Me Up is a fantastic punchy tune and if it isn't an anarchist anthem...
    ... I don't know what is.

17. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

:D this makes me smile when i wake in the cold grey morning time.

(i reckon cheesy was knocked back at some GA auditions and that's why she's so upset)

18. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

oh cheesy :D you're the embarrassment love :D

but your funny rant was worth getting out of bed for :cool:

19. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

so, any chance of that list of what you deem suitable for urban75 members to like?

or are you still being funny, just joking? :D

20. strung out

strung out (",)

this has just turned into the best thread this year

21. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

You could at least fake surprise.

22. fogbat

fogbat Thus, I win.

I hope someone assembles a list of what is and isn't Urban75.

At the moment I JUST DON'T KNOW!! :(

23. strung out

strung out (",)

YOU ARE NOT URBANS!!!

:mad:

24. felixthecat

felixthecat embarrassing mother

Its certainly cheered up my morning.

Poor cheesy - maturity isn't her strong point, is it?:D

25. dodgepot

dodgepot New Member

of course she's joking. or at least making a lame attempt at being a troll. cos there's no way any reasonably intelligent person could post that shit and actually believe it, is there? :)

cheesy - i would go into about how even with "manufactured" acts/groups that there are talented people involved at all levels, people who love making good music and who can make good music, and quote brian higgins from xenomania who said that he would never just work with an act for the money cos that would make shit records, and how girls aloud are involved - albeit to a limited degree - in the writing process, but i know you won't listen and only hear and argue with points that suit you. :)

feel free to like or dislike whoever you want, but don't tell other people what music they can and can't like and don't think that you are the voice of urban when there are many vocal fans on girls aloud who have been on urban just as long - if not longer - than you.

26. Agent Sparrow

Agent Sparrow mellow kitty

(((aqua))) :(

Tbf, I know a fair few people, both on and off of here, who think GA are the best thing since sliced bread, and I don't entirely understand why. Not that I think they're bad, just that I don't quite see why they put some people in such raptures. Mind you, it would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing. :)

27. dodgepot

dodgepot New Member

why does he need to fake surprise? :confused: this thread had nothing to do with strung out. what's your point?

28. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

yeah, I thought telling one of the mods to fuck off was bad form :( :D

29. tarannau

tarannau Mongolian eyed

I think old Rutita's playing finger-waggling hypocritical board cop. Yet a bloody again.

You're very naughty to provoke Cheesy like this. Bad Dodgepot.
    :mad:

30. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

There is nothing hypocritical about my posts at all. I'm far from wagging my finger at anyone either. Just exercising my right to say it as I see it. Unfortunately, that seems to be a right only a chosen few can do here without being jumped on and told to know their place.:)

Btw, I was not accusing Dodgepot of anything so please don't suggest I was.