1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting from Kings Cross to Lewisham

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by lau1981, Nov 24, 2011.

1. lau1981

lau1981 Still waiting for the meaning of life......hmmm

Hey all

A certain urbanite is coming to stay with me in a couple of weeks but his stupid train doesn't arrive til 12.05am.

There are then NO trains to get him to me in Kent as the last from St Pancreas is at 11.48.

Is there a single tube route or summit to at least get him to Lewisham so that I can get a lift & pick him up there? Know how to get to Lewisham/Woolwich but thats about it.

Or even any trains to Dartford or somewhere at least near-ish to me?!

Keep looking on line & keep getting a big fat zero!!!!!

Cheers all in desperate hope.

x

2. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Try the TFL trip planner, should be plenty of options.

3. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

Northern Line to London Bridge then the 00:56 Southeastern train towards Orpington (have you looked at London Bridge trains? I think they run later than the Thameslink ones)

ddraig likes this.
  4. lau1981

Need to get him to either Dartford/Gravesend.

His train gets in at 12.05 at king's cross. There is a 12.13 from London bridge at 12.23 but doubt that's enough time. Total fucker.

So pissed off.

Whatever happened to night buses?!

Cheers for your help you guys. My sis was gonna help me & pick him up but has now changed her mind. Great.

5. ChrisD

ChrisD .

6. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat for an independent feline republic of catford

The Traveline website does in theory use the same data as the TFL journey planner and both should plan journeys across the Greater London / everywhere else divide.

There are no night buses out to the Kent Thameside region, very few London night buses run beyond the GLA boundary. The nearest night bus routes are N21 to Bexleyheath or N89 to Erith / Slade Green which might be cheaper than Lewisham if it comes down to a minicab.

I agree with Crispy's solution (arrives Lewisham 0105, this is an Orpington train so continues via Hither Green & Grove Park. This seems to be the last train out of London in the south east trains direction.)

If he misses that, TFL journey planner suggests Hammersmith & City Line to Moorgate then a 21 bus that leaves Moorgate 0046, due Lewisham 0119 (this is the last 21 of the day - the night service N 21 doesn't start from Moorgate - it starts at Trafalgar Square, then to Bank, then picks up the 21 route.)

Bus 45 to Blackfriars then N89 to Erith or Slade Green is an alternative it offers.

If friend can get down the underground by 0020 (and the distance from the domestic platforms at St Pancras to the northern line is longer than you'd think) then there's a connection on to the last DLR of the day to Woolwich Arsenal, due Woolwich 0101.

7. lau1981

Cheers so much for your help you guys.

Having a total fucking nightmare with the whole situation atm as my sis was just gonna pick him up from Kings cross or to make it an easier (driving) journey Lewisham (I'm in ) so just a scamp up the A2.

Now it's all fucked & gonna have to see if I can find some other magical way of saving Snaps 4 fucking hours sat at St Pancreas.

Do massively appreciate the help.

Hate that the public transport world pretty much ends at 12.30 yet we should all be using it.

8. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Northern line to London Bridge then a train from there.

If you only have a tube ticket (and aren't in a rush) you can get off at Bank and get the DLR.

9. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

National Express coaches go quite late, don't they? From Victoria.

10. past caring

past caring The Cathars were right

11. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

5 pages min.

12. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat for an independent feline republic of catford

Not that late, they don't. Last Kent-wards Nat Ex to Dover etc is 2330 from Victoria, first set down is Gillingham (some earlier in the day do stop at Bluewater)

Kings Ferry (they do a coach service that touches Gravesend, although mainly aimed at London commuters) last departure is 2200 from central London and that's only on Fridays.

I presume that friend has already booked a ticket?

One little thought, if friend is travelling from the east midlands to the Dratford / Gravesend sort of patch, there is a direct coach from some midlands towns (e.g. Leicester) run by Thandi Express - it's not that well known outside the Asian communities...