1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gang rapist chopped up and dumped in Irish sea. What a shame...

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by LiamO, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Yes, probably.

But even "I would be in favour of the victim's family getting hold of this bastard and killing him" doesn't equate to a broader support of capital punishment. It's simply a lack of condemnation of an extra-judicial killing in an exceptional circumstance. And we all do that to some extent (see Thatcher analogy above).
  2. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

oh, the irony.

I posted almost exactly this to YOU on post#50

hmm...

Once more the comparison between your falling over yourself to politely disagree with spymaster, for saying exactly what you choose to attack me for is most illuminating, and exposes your shallow hypocrisy.

Ah well you will no doubt rediscover your 'bravery' when some big boys come along whose shoulders you can shout over.
  3. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Liam, I'll try one last time. Are you or are you not in favour of extra-judicial killings as revenge for certain types of crimes?
  4. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

You think that comment was aimed at just at ME?:facepalm: delusional.
  5. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

So?
  6. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Not exactly a great leap to think it was aimed at you. Besides, I wasn't the one playing the vigilante hard-man card.
  7. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

No.

Never said I was. Not once.

Neither would I condemn someone who took action of this kind against rapists or child molesters (I will qualify that by saying it depends somewhat on the context).

Neither does that preclude me from saying 'good enough for the cunt' if somebody gets their comeuppance (I will qualify that by saying it depends somewhat on the context)..
  8. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Yes. It is, actually. Otherwise she would probably not have chosen to post in support of my position. You can see that, can't you? Please tell me you can manage to see that.

Therein lies the crux. The only place I was 'playing the vigilante hard-man card' was in your head
  9. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Right, I give up. In the future I'll clearly have to know better than thinking that someone saying "wouldn't it be nice if X" means someone's in favour of X. Only goes to show that a man can spend 35 years listening and talking and still not know what words mean, eh?
  10. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I would just say yes to this, but I think Liam sees "are you in favour?" as "would you encourage?".

But to be fair, Truxta, you're playing semantics.

His position's clear.

He doesn't necessarily support extra-judicial killings, but doesn't really care when they happen to nailed-on bastards, and may even have a quiet grin or post a thread about it!
  11. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

TT: "That's my understanding of his position, anyway. If you set aside all the macho wankery."

see that's you all over isn't it. :facepalm:

Ignore the sunstantive essence of a post and attempt to seize on a phrase which you can quote completely out of context to support your usually tangenital and often delusional position.

for anybody wondering... here is the full post from which truxta has culled his selective quote

Oft times there is too much going on to for people to notice this dubious, indeed disingenuous, tactic.

You have fairly exposed yourself here, haven't you? You stupid boy.
  12. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

:)You would actually be "allowed to say" 'yes' to that question - for whatever reason Truxta is unerringly polite to you. Can't think why for a minute.

I thought about just saying 'it depends on the circumstances' or 'sometimes' myself - but that would provide considerable grist for Truxta's semantic/pedantic mill... probably 3 pages worth... or at least enough to attract back some of the hamsters - so he could shout abuse over their shoulders.
  13. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Ah, I get my fair share of shite too, but I court it, tbf.

And you're often a prickly cunt yourself. :)
  14. Louloubelle

Louloubelle Well-Known Member

TBH I can occasionally feel a happy feeling in my tummy when really bad things happen to really bad people.

There is a serious point though about the further trauma caused to the victim and also the turmoil and guilt caused if the dismemberer lets her know what he has done in the warped belief that his actions will make her happy.

She is then in an unenviable situation of feeling complicit in a horrific crime but at the same time supposed to feel protective and even grateful to the man / men that did the dismembering.

I can speak from experience to some degree as an Indian man assaulted me and attempted to rape me when I was 16 and walking home alone. I saw the same man on first day at college, had a panic attack and ended up telling some friends. Unbeknown to me they got together and beat him up so badly that he nearly died and ended up with a metal cage holding his head together.

When they told me about it I was supposed to feel grateful but I was horrified and traumatised. I felt that whatever I did about the situation would be wrong.

I'm fairly sure that there was a racist element in the assault on my attacker and that there were probably other motivations behind the assault, not least of all being that they enjoyed doing it.

So I suppose the point I am making is that, while I can understand an element of enjoyment of a predator getting punished, especially if he has avoided being punished properly and is freely roaming around and a danger to others, I think that people often cloak their love of violence with a mask of virtue and righteousness. I believe that is what happened when I was 16 and was "avenged" and I'm fairly sure it is what happened with this Irish rapist.
  15. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

touché. But there is surely enough in what I actually DO say for the likes of Truxta and Kabbes to take exception to - without them having to make stuff up to object to.

And there is certainly no reason or excuse for the way TT and Cemerty were abused earlier on this thread though. TT said nothing you haven't said and I don't see the hamsters queueing up to give you a savaging/nuzzling.
  16. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

That's an excellent post LLB.

I once saw a man kicked almost to his death by a gang for 'being a nonce'. Whilst another (much bigger) gang, to whom the victim's brother belonged and was well thought of within, stood by doing nothing for fear they would be labelled as 'sticking up for a nonce'.

In the heel of the hunt it turn's out he was attacked cos 'he was shagging john's missus whilst john was in the Gaol'.

I would just point out, however, that

and indeed the OP stated...

17. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

You could be right, Lou, but judging by the OP and quick Google there's no shortage of candidates for working this scumbag over, even excluding the rape. And I may be wrong, but I don't reckon your average Dublin hard bastard is going to spend too much time analysing the psychological impact on the victims, before dropping a weighted Jimmy boy over the side of a trawler. :D

How do you get that accent over the 'e'?
  18. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Nope. I'll of course defer to TT's clarification, if one is forthcoming, but how on earth can you not see that she's talking about you, even when she's mentioning the macho wankery. If she refers to me or others as well fair fucks, but that doesn't let you off the hook. So nothing disingenious about it whatsoever. Plain and simply reading comprehension.

Depends how?
    And just to reiterate my single, lone point, if you don't condemn something, how can you be against it?
  19. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Alt Gr + e = é
  20. grit

grit an ugly force for good

because life isint so black and white.
  21. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Terrific non-answer, right up there with Spymaster's "he's playing semantics". Yeah, words, what do they mean? Fuck knows, it's all semantics anyway.
  22. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

So, grit, if I was to say I'm against ethnic cleansing, but in some circumstances I don't condemn it I suppose that would be another example of life being shades of gray and all that?
  23. grit

Good idea to go off and figure it out before you continue to post perhaps?
  24. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Alt gr + e ... at last something I can agree with Truxta on.

á, é, í, ó, ú... works on caps as well

we call them fada's rather than accents over here and they are really common in the Irish language. They serve exactly the same purpose in Irish as French in that they elongate the sound of the vowel

So if I told Truxta "Póg ma thón, amadán" you would know it was pronounced pogue rather than the short 'o' in the word 'knob' (which would also apply admirably well to Truxta)>
  25. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

I'd say it's a tad problematic in this world that Liam and possibly you inhabit where yes means no, good means bad and up means down.
  26. grit

Pretty much, you are getting there, well done.
  27. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

In which case I'd reply suck my hairy balls.
  28. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Hook, line and sinker. Well done, indeed, moron.
  29. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

which would be probably "diúl ma mogarlai gruigach"... given we would generally say bollocks instead of balls.

I'm sure you wax your balls anyway, light-weight.
  30. grit

I'm against people shooting each other but I wont condemn people shooting at the invading forces in their country. see ? :)