1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gang rapist chopped up and dumped in Irish sea. What a shame...

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by LiamO, Mar 30, 2011.

1. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

And then your daughter is no longer killed?

I normally hate cunts that quote Gandhi but his famous "eye for an eye" one seems apposite here.

2. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse wax weasel

Someone did that to your daughter and you'd let the police handle it? Get to fuck.

3. Bahnhof Strasse

She's not dead yet. She'd know that her rapists and killers are no more.

4. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus would be a rubbish god

Most people would, tbf. The alternative is for you to mete out your own justice and for your daughter to be deprived of your presence when she needs you most.

5. littlebabyjesus

And if you got it wrong?

If, say, your daughter were trying to cover up the real reason she has AIDS. This is far from a simple case as attitudes towards AIDS in South Africa are so fucked up.

6. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

And that her dad is in jail. Great.

Meanwhile, she still has HIV and still has to come to terms with what has happened to her. The fact that some men are dead doesn't change any of that.

7. Bahnhof Strasse

I wouldn't.

I'm no hard man, but a sentence of 5 or 6 years, out in 3ish, plus lots of nice, cuddly psychotherapists listening to the rapist's babble would not be enough for me.

8. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

So be it. I can understand the impulse but I think the person is wrong to act on it. Ultimately, I think society is poorer for it.

9. Bahnhof Strasse

The thought had occurred that the girl made up the rape allegations to cover up some other stuff. As I said I was treating this actual case as a neat and timely example. However what with SA being rape capital of the world and rife with HIV the story does hold some water.

And HIV is not AIDS.

10. littlebabyjesus

You might think differently if it were ever to actually happen. For starters, you would be forced to think long and hard about what was best for your daughter. After all, it is her that matters, not whether or not the sentence would be enough for you.

11. Bahnhof Strasse

She will at least know that no oter girl will suffer the same fate as her from these people.

12. Bahnhof Strasse

Perhaps. I happen to think that society is very much the poorer for the laughable sentences doled out to rapists in this country. It is a crime which utterly destroys lives, HIV infections aside, yet 5 or 6 years is becoming the norm in the UK for predatory rapists. Not good enough for me.

13. littlebabyjesus

And you have done your best by her how, exactly, by carrying out this revenge? Why is it that people with HIV have such a poorer prognosis in SA than here? It is because expensive drugs are not available to them. How about you set about doing your damndest to get hold of those drugs? No chance of doing that from jail.

I would suspect that this man was thinking about himself when he did this, venting his anger, not acting in the best interests of his daughter.

14. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Which do you think would be the best way to stop people's lives being blighted by rape? Trying to control it with longer sentences? Or working out why people rape and seeking to address that cause?

15. Bahnhof Strasse

Have you no idea of the insidious nature of the crime? Of course the girl is the primary victim, but her whole family unit also suffer massively, leading a life of almost unbearable guilt.

16. littlebabyjesus

Please don't try to lecture me about the seriousness of rape. ffs.

17. Bahnhof Strasse

Massive sentences for predatory rapists would be the start. That would ensure they're off the streets so the victim can feel a bit safer, also it would send out a message that rape is wholly unacceptable. The reasons people rape are so varied it would be hard to work out why they do. In SA it seems that it's a macho culture issue. That also seems to be creeping in to the UK with some gang rapes we've seen. Them cunts who raped the girl an mutilated her genitals and got a maximum of 9 years - life with 30 years minimum might have sent a stronger message?

18. Bahnhof Strasse

Well stop being a twat.

And learn the difference between HIV & AIDS.

19. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Are you aware of the conviction rate for rape? How does that impact your answer?

Also, do you think people actually think, "Yeah, it's worth doing this if I only get 9 years. But not if I get 30"?

20. littlebabyjesus

Yep, I made an error there. Somehow calling it AIDS in that context seemed appropriate, though, in the tabloid-style 'you gave me AIDS' context of the post.

TBH, I think it is you that is being the twat by saying that you would put your own selfish desire for revenge first.

You're as bad as LiamO with his presumptions that only people who've never known really bad people could take such a view.

21. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

And what does the daughter want?

From my experience of women I know and opinions expressed on urban, violent revenge is the last outcome they want. I'm sure the daughter doesn't want to see her father incarcerated.

22. Bahnhof Strasse

The conviction rate is pitiful. But that does include all rapes. Scale of rape is another thread, but predatory rape, should be treated as a much more serious offence than it is. Serial predatory rape is treated seriously. One off predatory rape/gang rape seems to result in 5-6 years, 9 if you mutilate her genitals. That is unacceptable when you see non-violent criminals getting similar sentences for relatively minor offences; a mate of mine got 5 years for 500g of coke, an acquaintance got 4 years for holding a fucking rave!!!

23. Bahnhof Strasse

Sorry to cliche here, but do you have kids?

24. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

If those people thought they would be convicted then 5-6 would put them off. It's not contempt for the potential sentence that means they aren't put off. It's a belief that they will get away with it.

25. Bahnhof Strasse

Here lies the problem. The state will take fuck all action against men who rape and infect with HIV, so what do women want? Are you their spokesman now?

26. Citizen66

All rape is predatory.

27. fogbat

fogbat you're just a dickhead like everyone else.

Jeeesus, but this thread is getting me hard.

Anyone else?

28. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

10 O'Clock show now. Maybe David Mitchell has the answer.

29. Citizen66

No they are. And I'm relaying the views I've heard to you. You're talking about your interests and your vengeance. What if that's not what your daughter wishes? Would you even stop to ask her?

30. littlebabyjesus

No I don't. And I do understand that having kids changes how you see things as there is someone in the world whose life you value more than your own. But that doesn't mean that the actions of this man were carried out in order to help his daughter. And from what you've posted, you still seem to be saying that you would kill a man who raped your daughter because you don't think the sentencing is adequate punishment, not because that would help your daughter. She may well be horrified that you'd killed him. Or she may be dead pleased. I don't know.

Fuck it. This is a stupid conversation.