1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gang rapist chopped up and dumped in Irish sea. What a shame...

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by LiamO, Mar 30, 2011.

1. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

... it didn't happen years ago.

The (handless) arm of a convicted gang-rapist has been identified after being found in the Irish sea in February. The arm was identified because of a DNA sample taken by british police some years back, which flagged up on an Interpol database.

No other parts of the body of Dubliner James Nolan (46) - who was convicted of a brutal gang-rape in the 80's - have turned up but the assumption is that, because he has not been seen trotting about with only one arm, that he is indeed dead. He only got out of jail from his latest stretch (for burglary) last November.

It would be nice if his demise was a revenge attack by the victim of her family, but the likelihood is that it was some of his criminal associates what dunnit. Still, what goes around...

2. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Are you in favour of the death penalty for rapists then?

3. cemertyone

cemertyone Well-Known Member

Yes....they should be hung from the lamposts of Oxford street until the shit runs out of them...
    and it should be broadcast into every school..tv station et all...

4. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

How long will it take for the shit to run out of them? An approximation will do, kthxbye.

5. Random

Random Ethnic nalgocrat

It sounds more like Liam is in favour of bad things happening to bad people. As am I.

6. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Sounds to me like is specifically in favour of rapists being killed, preferably in as brutal a way possible. But I'm just trying to clarify the general position he is coming from. Does he generally favour the death penalty or is this just a special case?

7. Idris2002

Idris2002 the generals hate holidays

Liam, I saw this on the RTE website. What's not clear to me is whether or not his arm became detached because his body was chopped up, or because it was in the water for so long. Has a pathologist given it the once over? Are there marks from a blade on it?

8. cemertyone

For rapists yes im TOTALLY... in favour of them being hung...the idea that the general population should "pay" for these
    bastards to spend their time in prison..sure there being "rehabilated" aren`t they..makes me sick.
    I cant think of a more vile crime than rape and ANYONE WHO HAS COMMITIED THAT OFFENCE has given up any
    chance of being re-admitted back into society..
    I would be interested to see what your opinons are if you found out a rapist was living next door to you?
    As a rule im not in favour of the death penalty..if its wrong for an individual to kill then its equally wrong for the
    state to kill..and evidence has shown that the threat of an legal killing by the state has no bearing on the rate
    of criminal activity in any given place..
    Having said that....no they simply dont deserve a "second chance" IMO...
    Of course you may disagree with me (thats fine thats the nature of arguments and difference of opinion)...if you can persude me otherwise im open to your ides as to what
    you would do with that group of offenders....

9. spacemonkey

spacemonkey I Love Noodles

In reality though, surely you can see that lots of wrongly accused would get executed.

10. Spion

Spion I hear ya

Someone's angry

11. joustmaster

joustmaster not a racist

out of 50, how sure do you have to be that they actually did it.

12. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Absolutely right, he may not have been chopped up, just a pair of concrete overshoes... :rolleyes:

13. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

I'd rather be raped than raped then killed to ensure I can't testify against the rapist, as would happen under your big manly regime, if it's all the same please thank you.

14. spacemonkey

spacemonkey I Love Noodles

I hear that line of thinking all the time, when people talk about victims of a brutal crime. 'She would be better off dead', etc..

What the fuck's up with that?

15. cemertyone

i will come back to you on that..out of time at the library....:rolleyes:

16. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

The state already have too much power regarding life and death of people without allowing them to execute their own citizens.

As for grisly revenge attacks, not sure celebrating such things gives you any moral high ground over rapists tbh.

17. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Yes, that pretty much says it for me too.

18. maldwyn

maldwyn What?

That's the first plausible argument I've seen in support of library closures :rolleyes::D

19. 8den

8den You're so sly. But so am I.

These kinds of ex judiciary killings always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

What if he was in fact innocent?

20. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

What if he was in fact guilty? Is this what we do now?

21. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

It does not matter whether I am or not. It will not be introduced, so I waste no time building myself up into a froth about it either way. My views on judicial killing of prisoners are not inthe least relevant to this thread.

Many people I grew up with and went to school with are career crims - and through working on the buildings and in working-class pubs I know many, many more. I have spent many happy days in the company of people who live outside the Law and who have a different way of life to mainstream society. Building sites - like boxing gyms - are places where people are judged on what they produce, how they interact and how they behave rather than people's prejudices and their 'reputations'.

I tend not to judge them on their career choice - and there were very few legitimate ones when we left school in the early 80's - and generally I hold no animosity toward them or their families. I would consider quite a number to be personal friends and many of them have grown out of criminality as they matured and had families of their own.

A small number, however, are sociopathic/psychopathic and are consistently horrible, violent cunts. It is neither nice nor safe to be around them and their presence in a pub can cange the atmosphere in the blink of an eyelid. I can think of at least 10 people who I know - and many more I know only by reputation - whose passing would be generally celebrated with a mixture of relief and a sense of schadenfreude by their long-suffering communities.

They end up doing a long stretch or dead anyway. That's the 'exit strategy' in their line of work. I shed no tears for them and I shed no tears for this fella either. He was a violent career crim. He lived that way. He died that way.

Perhaps if some of those venting on this thread had to live with a few of these cunts they might develop more nuanced views.

22. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Given your little speech there, I'm not sure what your purpose was in posting this thread. Your attitude seems to be, "Oh well." But that's at odds with bothering to tell us about it.

23. kyser_soze

kyser_soze Hawking's Angry Eyebrow

Default mode for cemerty.

24. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

I don't have to justify posting any nore than you have to justify the assumptions you appear to have made from the dizzying heights of your moral high horse. If you don't like my posts, feel free to use your scroll button.

I am sure the very idea of this karmic payback brought a wry smile - and some wishful thinking - to many who live their lives in dread of violent nutjobs everywhere.

And I guarantee there will not be too many tears shed in Finglas tonight over yer man - although there may well be a glass or two raised.

25. Bakunin

Bakunin https://robertwalsh.contently.com

Yep, some US states had the death penalty for rape and, besides being declared unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court, this was one reason why it was discontinued. If a rapist knows that they're already facing execution for the rape itself then they'd probably consider it an incentive to silence their victim. I abhor rape as much as anybody, but I don't see how introducing the death penalty for it would be constructive.

26. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Apparently it had been 'expertly detached'

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020826&docId=l:1388415252&isRss=true

http://www.irishrepublican.net/forum/showthread.php?68118-Arm-Found-On-Irish-Beach-Belongs-To-Missing-Rapist

His original offence occured in the 80's when he and his mates held up a courting couple, locked thefella in the boot and took turns on the woman. What a charmer.

27. ferrelhadley

ferrelhadley tick tock, tick tock its coming close now

Seems the karma police have moved beyond hitler hairdos then.

28. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I don't think that's what Quimy meant.
    I think they meant that more rape victims might be also murdered if the aggressor thought they might be get the death penalty if the victim is alive to testify.

I think anyway :hmm:

29. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Oh sorry Bakunin cleared that up :)

30. Bakunin

Bakunin https://robertwalsh.contently.com

Yes, exactly.

I recall, for instance, a former senior gangster in New York who went on a spree of ordering contract killings because of his golden rule which was:

'No witnesses, no indictments.'

The logic of the career criminal is different to that of a sane and rational human being. They see what they want and they take it, irrespective of the right or wrong of what they do, and they seek the most effective way of avoiding the consequences of their actions. For many criminals, rapists included, one of the most effective ways to ensure that they won't be held accountable is to silence their victims and/or any witnesses that might give evidence against them. That's why criminal organisations such as the Mafia will go to such extreme lengths to kill informers and witnesses.