1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final World Cup 2010 placings released.

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010 South Africa' started by Lord Camomile, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

Fifa 2010 World Cup standings:

1 Spain, 2 Netherlands, 3 Germany, 4 Uruguay, 5 Argentina, 6 Brazil, 7 Ghana, 8 Paraguay

9 Japan, 10 Chile, 11 Portugal, 12 United States, 13 England, 14 Mexico, 15 South Korea, 16 Slovakia

17 Ivory Coast, 18 Slovenia, 19 Switzerland, 20 South Africa, 21 Australia, 22 New Zealand, 23 Serbia, 24 Denmark

25 Greece, 26 Italy, 27 Nigeria, 28 Algeria, 29 France, 30 Honduras, 31 Cameroon, 32 North Korea

BBC report.

2. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

Gutted.. Aus beating NZ by one place!

3. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 All About The Old Skool Hardcore 1991-1994

Italy at 26 lol

4. Lord Camomile

I'm not sure how, but despite one of our worst ever performances in a Wolrd Cup England have managed to climb a place in the World Rankings :eek: :confused: :D

Off the top of me head, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact we didn't qualify for USA '94, although I would have thought that would have stopped having an effect by now.

5. hektik

hektik adhering to a paradigm

france/italy falling down the rankings by a lot, thereby pushing us up by proxy?

6. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

France lol :D

*adopts Stewie Griffin voice*

"Y'know, you did good"

7. 100% masahiko

100% masahiko i is a professor and is magical like totoro

Doesn't matter with Italy/ France cos they were recent winners in 06/ 98 - there's only one way to go when you're at top.

Personally, I can't wait to see the end of the current England crop.
    Real disappointing, cos I thought you guys had a decent team in the 90s/ early 2000s - this one is a real big shame...yeah they earn more cash, sell more shorts but they sure can't play for shit.

8. Lord Camomile

Full rankings table.

France droped twelve places to 21st in the world :eek: Italy did well to only drop to 11th!

Oddly, it looks like we benefitted from Portugal dropping below us :confused:

9. Lord Camomile

Aye, but 21st is a serious fall from grace, especially when they were World and European champions only 10 years ago.

I mean, the likes of Brazil have never fallen that badly, despite being at the top for aaaages.

10. 100% masahiko

100% masahiko i is a professor and is magical like totoro

Yeah France are in free-fall atm.
    But I think it has alot to do with poor management/ personality clashes more than anything, and I guess it the same can be said with England.

And for both nations, the next generation of players don't seem promising...

11. Obnoxiousness

Obnoxiousness >-->))).>

I bet the FA is really happy with this result, even though the attainment is 100% due to the failure of other nations.

I think Craig explains everything.