1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasy Footy League 2011 - 2012

Discussion in 'football' started by wavey davey, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wavey davey

wavey davey Well-Known Member

Blimey,

You lot are more eager than me!

The league is up and running.

All youse who were in it last year, if you used the same details your team should auto register into the league. 21 of us in already!

If not, the code to use is 78441-62736, and the site is http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

As Delia might drunkenly say: "Come on!! Where are you!!!"
  2. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

NoLike Chicken Badge FC is in.

Come on!!!!!
  3. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

Oh yeah, look at that :oops: :D
  4. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

Hackney Angels are back - can't see that cup competition yet - am I missing something? I didn't join it early enough last season.
  5. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Missing Llama

6. wavey davey

wavey davey Well-Known Member

Cheers LL.

Marty, if you have your team in, it will enter the cup automatically.
    Cant remember when they start this, but you should see it on your team page in the week they start it.
  7. marty21

there's two different cups isn't there - one random, and one within the urban75 league?
  8. big eejit

big eejit Just a poor bastard

If you mean the head to head league Marty, the code's in the first post - head to head leagues don't automatically carry over apparently.

We can't merge leagues so maybe best if I delete the 'normal' league I set up now that wavey davey's reappeared? Tho I can't edit first post any more so can't change the reference to the league.
  9. big eejit

Actually it's not in the header any more is it!

The code for the head to head is 14478-55138
  10. marty21

cheers, I'm in that too.
  11. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

I'm in. Team is way from finalised though. Will work on it over the next couple of weeks.
  12. purves grundy

purves grundy ambient clown remix

I presume you can still make unlimited transfers until the start of the season?
  13. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Ah, have just realised im in both Leagues.
  14. Lord Camomile

Oh God, I'm so average :facepalm:

Really annoyed as last season Hernandez was my little gem, now every fucker wants him :mad: (Although, I think Rooney's picked more than him now) Pissed off Dempsey is so expensive this season too, he was one of my bargains.
  15. So anyone got any tips as to who will be this seasons Charlie Adam, Clint Dempsey or um....Robert Huth?
  16. big eejit

Sinclair at Swansea? Lots of people going for N'Zogbia as he heads for the dizzy heights of Villa Park.
  17. Lord Camomile

If (big '"if") Sneijder goes to Man Utd, I'll shift my whole team around to get the funds to buy him. He was one of the stars of my World Cup FF team, and I think he'd be pretty hand for Utd too.

I'm trying to decide whether Modric is worth it, both if or if not he goes to Chelsea. I'm not sure he will be, as lots of others are going to have him too, and I'm not sure he's actually one of those players who will get you lots of points in FF.
  18. Will2403

Will2403 Well-Known Member

He'd be 12m - and he might be worth it too.

Not worth having man city strikers as they dont score enough and there are too many of them. Expecting them to win 8-0 against Swansea though, so might pick one to get my season off to a flyer.
  19. big eejit

20 teams in the head to head so far. Room for another 18.

Code to join is 14478-55138
  20. Moar stats.

There are only 2 Man Utd players (Nani, Young) and 1 Chelsea player (Malouda) in the top 30 most selected midfielders. Suprisingly Liverpool have 6 (Adam, Downing, Henderson,Mereiles, Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez)

There are no Arsenal players selected in the top 25 most selected defenders.

There are no Chelsea players in the top 10 most selected forwards. More people have picked Torres (16th) than Berbatov (22nd) or Tevez (26th)

1109 people have picked Jovanovic who has moved from Liverpool to Anderlecht. 1902 people have picked Zhirkov, who has moved from Chelsea to Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia.

More people have picked Suarez (Liverpool) who is the most selected forward, than Rooney and Hernandez (both Man Utd) combined who are third and fourth most selected.

Vidic (Man Utd) is the only defender in the top 10 most selected with a value of more than 6.0million

Wigan and Swansea has the smallest FFL squads (19 players); Liverpool and Man Utd have the largest (28 players)
  21. passenger

passenger naah fuck it

nmae change this year im inter the zone
  22. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat roast fishco and cornbread

FC Puddy now into pre-season training
  23. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Let's be having you!!!!
  24. big eejit

Room for 4 more I think in the head to head league. Join now before it's too late!

Code is 14478-55138
  25. disco_dave_2000

disco_dave_2000 la la lapland

yeah i'm there !
  26. ska invita

ska invita yes yes

Im in this for the first time - team is called Upsetters - see you on the pitch :)

Has anyone got any general FF advice - do strikers generate more points than defenders so are worth investing in - that kind of thing?
  27. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

nice one mate, i'm in :)
  28. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

There's a FAQ with all the scoring info.

Midfielders will generate most of your points in general (they score more point for goals and also for clean sheets)..

Altho a good defence is also really handy. Everyone's got their own style tho!
  29. ska invita

ska invita yes yes

As it happens i spent most of my cash there - Lennon, Bale (COYS!) and Nani + someone else - thanks, I'll read up on it. This is just a warm up season for me (making my excuses now!)
  30. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.