1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasy Football League 2012-13

Discussion in 'football' started by juice_terry, Jul 20, 2012.

1. purves grundy

purves grundy ambient clown remix

VDV - will he start for Spurs or wot? Thought he was a dead cert key player, but I obviously should've forked out an extra .5m for Bale... or saved 2.5 and gone for Michu
  2. The FFL rumour machine suggests that VDV will only start home games, sharing time with Gilfi Sigurdsson in the "hole" behind the forward. However, with Adebayor back this might limit game time even further, and if he does play it will be in a deeper position suggesting that he will be the person who passes to the person who gets the assist (so no bonus points).

Whatever happens and wherever he plays, VDV is, at 9.0 *way* to expensive to have as a player that isnt nailed on to start. A FFL ownership of just 4.6% seems to confirm this.

Options could include Fellaini,Michu or Kagawa if you are feeling brave.

Michu scored 15 goals last season and was the highest scoring midfielder in the Spanish League. He was valued at 8 million, but his club are skint so they accepted the 2 million from Swansea. He could be the bargain of the season. But as you already have Graham up front, would you want to double up on Swansea like that?

I'd say yes for the next few gameweeks as they have favourable fixtures - 5 of their next 7 games are at home and they have a good fixture run against teams they should do well against.

Premier League
    Swansea V West Ham Sat 25 Aug 12:45

September 2012

CompetitionFixtureDateKick-offStatus
    Premier League
    Swansea V Sunderland Sat 1 Sep 15:00
    Premier League
    Aston Villa V Swansea Sat 15 Sep 15:00
    Premier League
    Swansea V Everton Sat 22 Sep 12:45
    Premier League
    Stoke V Swansea Sat 29 Sep 15:00
    October 2012

CompetitionFixtureDateKick-offStatus
    Premier League
    Swansea V Reading Sat 6 Oct 15:00
    Premier League
    Swansea V Wigan Sat 20 Oct 15:00
  3. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

I'm torn between Adebayor or Lambert.

Or maybe Tevez :hmm:

:(
  4. big eejit

big eejit Just a poor bastard

I have Carlos. Should be sure of pitch time with Aguero injury tho fixtures not particularly easy.
  5. purves grundy

Many thanks for the thoughts and - re the bit I've bolded - totally right. Michu looks an absolute steal, especially with those fixtures ahead. I think I've really fucked up with VDV, home games only eh? I think I might need to leave swapping him for another couple of weeks though so I make sure I've got a full quota of players for GW3 - cheerio to Torres and that hopeless Reading defender.
    AverageJoe likes this.
  6. purves grundy

Southampton have tricky fixtures in the next few weeks, though doubtless Lambert will bag one or two regardless. Tevez is one those players I reckon I'll be keeping for the whole season - great value.
  7. Lord Camomile

Yeah, I was thinking of having Lambert for the next match to get some £$ in the bank, then transfer him out for someone more expensive, but that doesn't really make sense if I'm not using the £$ elsewhere this week (which I'm not).

I just know if I don't put him in he'll get a brace :(
  8. was kinda hoping you hadn't noticed that you had five players not playing in gw3. I'm only 2 points behind you after all.... :)
    purves grundy likes this.
  9. butchersapron

butchersapron shoot 'em in the back

Stop helping people - this is war.
    purves grundy and AverageJoe like this.
  10. big eejit

:) It's not really helping tho! FPL is basically betting. So it's only as helpful as me saying I reckon Everton will beat Villa and Naismith will score, so you should back that.
  11. butchersapron

Betting forum, now there's an idea...
  12. I'd be all over that. And as I work in the gaming industry I could guarantee some amazing best offers and free bets etc. However, I dont want to push this as its not what the forum is about. Even though it would be super helpful (cross thread alert!) for all of you! :)
  13. You owe me a pint :)
  14. big eejit

Sunderland Reading game off. Not sure about my subs!
  15. No Rooney either today :)
  16. big eejit

And vdv in with Gylffi on the bench. Gonna be some unhappy managers. :)
    AverageJoe likes this.
  17. Not me though :)
  18. purves grundy

He was ace... still not in my team, as I used my FT to swap Torres for Rooney. Great job. Really fucking great. But despite the bloodied spud and the postponed Sunderland-Reading, still managed to pick up decent points thanks to Captain Hazard.
    AverageJoe likes this.
  19. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Glad i transferred out Mata for Michu. £2.8m in the bank too.
  20. big eejit

I did the same thing. No Chelsea or reading game next week so wondering whether to do early wildcard and bandwagon it right up.
  21. starfish

Its a tricky one. I see big things for Torres & Cole this season so i might just rest them. Then again ill see how Tevez does today.
  22. purves grundy

With Rooney out for weeks (after my canny transfer of Torres), still with an extra Reading player as hangover from GW1, and with the millstone of VDV around my neck, I'm thinking of taking a 4-point hit.
  23. Wait untiil Sat morning and see what the transfer window brings....

I have a feeling that we might see Edison Cavanni at Chelsea
  24. Lord Camomile

I took a -4 point hit in the GW1-2 window, now thinking of doing the same this week.

Swashbuckling cavalier, that's me! :D :facepalm: ;)
  25. Lord Camomile

Just had a look at what a complete overhaul of my squad would look like, was left with £4.3m to spend on a defender and a midfielder :D

Oh, and I did make that double transfer in the end. Fast and loose, that's the Quixotes way!
    purves grundy likes this.
  26. starfish

Sold Borini bought in Tevez. Keeping Torres & Cole on the bench. Hopefully no one gets injured as my 3rd sub already is.
  27. purves grundy

What happens to the value of a player in yer team if he's then sold abroad e.g.. VDV
  28. butchersapron

Same as any other player - will stay the same until the stampede brings it down.
  29. big eejit

£16.5 is a lot of money to have sat on your bench intit?

I think I'll have to do the wild thing!
  30. big eejit

Well, I've played my wildcard and jumped on all the bandwagons I could afford.