1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falmouth hotel destroyed by fire

Discussion in 'Bristol and South West' started by T & P, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Voley

Voley And a rovin' a rovin' a rovin' I'll go ...

There was a place for sale in PZ for 45 grand recently but it was basically an attic.

2. Libertad

Libertad I got away with my couscous...

You could buy all of Redruth for £50k.

3. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Everyone is accounted for.

Mrs Magpie likes this.
  4. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

The marazion end of Pz? And he has 50K?

:D

5. madzone

Park houses? Like caravans on a platform sorta thing? That's usually where the council puts addicts and the like.

Anyway - we don't want anymore fucking Londoners :p

Is he fit?

6. Dr Alimantado

Dr Alimantado Balmed

Yeah caravans on summat or other. There's one on Jelbert Way for £60K at the mo near the Heliport. I figured it may be full of old gets rather than addicts, but I guess he can work on that.

Up yours :p

& I don't fancy him, but I can mail you his photo....oh you mean that sort of fit, well he's getting on a bit but jogs & likes long walks (would have to if living on Jelbert Way).

7. madzone

Actually the one on Jelbert way probably isn't addicty and it's about 20 yards away from a massive 24hr Tesco so he'll never run out of milk :D

No, I didn't mean that sort of fit. But he jogs so let's not bother with photos :(

Dr Alimantado likes this.
  8. Ground Elder

Jelbert Way - very damp, poorly built former holiday lets, which certainly used to be 'addicty', but I don't know if they still are. They'll also be next right next to a 24 hour Sainsburys soon.

9. madzone

Oh, are the Jelbert Way the white ones right next to the Heliport? Not the caravanny type ones directly opposite Tesco that adjoin the Barn club car park?

10. Dr Alimantado

Dr Alimantado Balmed

Yes & consistent with what Ground Elder says, they look like Butlins places.

11. madzone

Oh. They're fucking horrible and full of wrong un's. My stepdaughter lived in one for a while.

12. Dr Alimantado

Dr Alimantado Balmed

Cheers, I've fed that back to him & the damp/addicty bit. He says he'll keep looking.

13. madzone

He's not going to get anything nice for 50k. Not anywhere in Cornwall and if he's set on travelling to London a lot why is he looking at the place that's farthest away?

He sounds a bit of a nob :)

14. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Anti-homelessness stud.

Just quoting this hint in case "anyone" missed it...

15. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

It's not a hint! I will only consider re marriage if I meet a good looking, faithful, kind millionaire

16. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Anti-homelessness stud.

17. madzone

18. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

My mate lived in Falmouth for 2 years whilst he was doing his PhD. Nice little town, keeps you fit with all the hills you have to walk up and down. He reckoned it's where all the people on the run from their lives end up at the tip of the country, the last chance saloon as it were. Nice views though.

19. Dr Alimantado

Dr Alimantado Balmed

20. Dr Alimantado

Dr Alimantado Balmed

I think there's something in this - Cornwall definitely has the isolation if you're legging it from summat. Living in Devon, I notice a difference - people tend to be more staid here, like little Englanders, whereas Cornwall seems to be more right on.

21. Ground Elder

22. Libertad

Libertad I got away with my couscous...

Cornwall, frequently misunderstood.

23. Dr Alimantado

Dr Alimantado Balmed

:confused: Care to explain pal?

24. Dr Alimantado

Dr Alimantado Balmed

WTF?

25. madzone

He doesn't want a lot for his 50k does he? :D

Falmouth doesn't really do 'social malaise'. Unless you count students.

26. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

There's a three bedroom house for sale within five miles of Penzance for £54k. Plenty of stuff under £60k so long as you don't want to be on the coast with a sea view.

27. Ground Elder

That's not a house - it is a restricted occupancy holiday let.

28. madzone

What do we know? :D

29. madzone

No, there isn't :D