1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2009

Discussion in 'general sports' started by bi0boy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. mitochondria

mitochondria full-on emptiness

Aye, I understand this - that was for illustration purposes.

I thought FIA could afford radar guns.
  2. Bakunin

Bakunin https://robertwalsh.contently.com

I'd have thought they could afford some decent radar guns, yes.

Given that the technology is there, they should really be able to afford the very best available, methinks.

Speaking of technology having improved, here's a piccie of Sir Jackie Stewart and Graham Hill racing their BRM's at the infamous Nurburgring, presumably in the days before the concept of 'road holding' entered the equation. No particular reason for posting the image, other than I just happened to find it and think 'WTF?!'

[​IMG]
  3. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

Said this ages ago.

No doubt lewis will retain the championship but it will of course have far more benefit to both massa and fezza if they sue flav directly... as he can afford it... which they will and he'll lose.

he didn't go over the speed limit. as your own link says.
    you've also miss interpretted it they took a measurement based on the lenght of the pit lane and the known time it takes to cover this distance at top speed (limited to 100 kph) they don't account for the fact that the pit entrance is a variable in the equation and therefore didn't measure it based on his real distance traveled but on what they believed to be a standard distance traveled. they were wrong.
    both cars had broken suspension after that shot was taken. though were judged to be good enough to carry on racing...

and yes it should be done via real time speed measurements. hell I'm sure we've got gatso's a plenty in the UK they could remove and use every county could donate one for each team for each track and there'd be no significant drop off in revenue raised by them...I mean road safety ;) :D

though it bloody annoys me that they call it a vintage racing scene it fucking isn't if anything it's a classic racing scene... a vintage racing scene would be this 2.5 ton napier railton doing 100+ mph at brooklands...

http://www.bluecol.co.uk/clients/www.bluecol.co.uk/assets/Image/history/John_Cobb_in_the_Napier-Railton_1935.jpg
  4. GarfieldLeChat

5. mack

mack Fact Me Till I Fart

Great qualiy session - well worth getting up for!

Or watching the repeat later today.
  6. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Yep very 'interesting' session....still wondering why both Brawns haven't been pushed back as they clearly didn't lift off in the area with debris and yellows.
  7. bi0boy

bi0boy .

They have now, along with Alonso, Kovalainen, Buemi and Luizzi.
  8. GarfieldLeChat

which surely means that Sebastien Buemi should have a far greater penalty for continuing on after the accident and causing the issues which lead to the yellow flags it's quite clear that he failed to pull in and stop his car and could have lifted off to prevent the debris going on to the track.

It's typical playstation driving I'd like to see him banned for 2 races for that little stunt tbh...
  9. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Seems like Barrichelo was fueled heavier than Button so should be an interesting fight between them.
  10. bi0boy

bi0boy .

And what's with suddenly telling drivers to stay in the car until a doctor arrives if they crash? :confused:

Anyone would think Bernie was trying to extend the championship race by getting more red flags and safety cars to shake up the order. :hmm:
  11. GarfieldLeChat

narrow run off areas and also I think it's as a direct result of the hawking which has gone on around recent gp2 accidents where commentators and track commentators started speculating about potential drivers deaths before this has been confirmed etc if they all have to sit in the car then you don't know because it's the same rule.

I'll ask an official, it might just be for this race and in reaction to the potential that a track may be sued for negligence if they get out and then suffer greater more significant injury instead of being certified safe to get out of the car...
  12. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

Anyone else up yet? I doubt the championship will be decided this morning, but should be an exciting race regardless.
  13. GarfieldLeChat

Buemi needs to get out of f1 fucking hopeless driver stalling it at the start after yesterday is a firing move.
  14. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

Agreed, he doesn't deserve a race. Vettel has this in the bag, looks like its going to Brazil.
  15. GarfieldLeChat

Looks like heard me!!!
  16. GarfieldLeChat

Abu dabi if bernard has his way ;)
  17. GarfieldLeChat

Get in. Sutil dropped it kovalinan once again throws away his mclaren drive
  18. GarfieldLeChat

Ooooo. Nasty crash. Could be good for Hamilton and button.
  19. bi0boy

bi0boy .

That livened it up a bit.
  20. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

Hilight of the race was seeing the corridor of pretty japanese girls before the podium. Is the corridor of pretty girls each race a new thing this year?
  21. GarfieldLeChat

Awr fookin hell. A stewards inquiry! Though it might mean brawn win the constructors. Nico saying he didn't gain an advantage. Which is an admittance of guilt.
  22. GarfieldLeChat

Seems to be for the asian races can't see it being for abu dabi
  23. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

2 races left, init?
  24. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

So did Rosberg get the 25 second penalty? Nothing mentioned on the BBC website so I'm guessing not.
  25. spitfire

spitfire scouting party

just watched the re-run and no, rosberg did not take a penalty, Result stands.
  26. GarfieldLeChat

cos bearnard wants it to go to abu dabi.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8289201.stm
  27. bi0boy

bi0boy .

28. GarfieldLeChat

cough taken out (gearbox fail) cough
  29. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Yeah it's getting silly now...Hamilton's penalty is Spa last year now this....I think Jenson needs to get out at the front and just win the thing before Bernard decides he hates Ross Brawn.
  30. GarfieldLeChat

I really don't get it who prevented Rosberg from getting accurate telemetry data? And why when he clearly gained an advantage regardless was the advantage not removed from him again?