1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everton 2011-12

Discussion in 'football' started by agricola, Jun 24, 2011.

1. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

I would have agreed with you if Bruce was still there but now it might just be that we finally get a decent result off your lot and about bleedin' time:p Should be a good'un.

2. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Lets just hope we sign Drenthe, then. What a goal.

3. big eejit

big eejit Just a poor bastard

4. big eejit

Next three games decide what sort of season we have. Spurs and Liverpool in the league and Sunderland in fa cup.

5. big eejit

One down, two to go.

I thought we had a gentleman's agreement that Saha wouldn't play. Rule 1 of gentlemen's agreements - make sure it's with a gentleman. #dirtyharry

Yelkcub likes this.
  6. big eejit

Separated at birth?

[​IMG]
    Keen fisherman and Everton stalwart Tony Hibbert

[​IMG]
    Keen fisherman and Russian dictator Vladimir Putin

7. agricola

Putin has scored though.

8. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....

9. big eejit

10. PlaidDragon

PlaidDragon We don't need money to have a good time

Cracking finish from Niki. That first half was the best I've seen from Everton for a while.

11. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

Season ticket for under 11's 95 quid for next season !

12. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Simply not at the races, they looked like a team convinced it was too difficult to win there. Played like they almost weren't allowed to win there. Added to a team selection I just don't get-the FA Cup being more important is imho not acceptable-there is no bite in midfield, Fellaini seems 'lost', Pienaar isn't playing in the same game it seems...

big eejit and agricola like this.
  13. agricola

Fellaini wasnt that bad (though it was his worst game in ages), and Pienaar was ok up until he had to decide to do something. It was just rubbish though, especially as they werent (and arent) that much better than us. You are right though that they never looked like putting in a performance, from the first whistle the bite that was present vs City, Chelsea and in the first half (the half that Harry forgot) vs Spurs just was absent, so we lost.

14. friedaweed

friedaweed Got myself a gunnNNN

Just 3 goals better ;)

Voley likes this.
  15. big eejit

I thought Fellaini was about our best player. Tho that's not saying much.

I walked into the pub to watch the game and before I sat down two people told me that we're concentrating on the FA Cup after seeing the team selection. Winning teams like to keep winning. And like to demonstrate that they can. I don't think the big changes were a good idea.

Overall we were awful tonight. Gave the game to Liverpool. I hope it helps us beat Sunderland on Sat but I'm not convinced.

16. PlaidDragon

PlaidDragon We don't need money to have a good time

Pienaar is atrocious. Last night he summed Everton up: no ideas, no drive, no passion. He made me so angry last night I had to go for a ciggie four times, and I never smoke while the footy's on. :mad:

17. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

What's the Moyesiah's excuse today then?

18. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Bathing in the golden gloop

19. agricola

That we arent five nil up against Sunderland is nothing short of a disgrace.

20. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

See you at Wembley. :)

21. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Whatever it was, i'd hazard a guess it's very probably much less loonspud than Dalglish's, wouldn't you say?!

22. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

I was hoping the bitters would get through tonight, rather play them than sunderland

23. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Clive Thomas has retired hasn't he?!

24. big eejit

A grand old pic

[​IMG]

agricola likes this.
  25. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

well, the better team won. i don't know what happened to us tbh we looked terrible especially in comparison to recent form. everton for the cup, fuck the cockneys and the racists:p

agricola likes this.
  26. agricola

27. big eejit

28. agricola

Hibbert hit the post today.

:eek:

29. agricola

I hope Sunderland never, ever get relegated.

big eejit likes this.
  30. big eejit

I was wondering where our goals were going to come from today with Baines and Jelavic not playing. But everyone's having a go! Great for confidence.

agricola likes this.