1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everton 09/10 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by agricola, May 29, 2009.

1. Voley

Voley The Vole That Dare Not Speak Its Name

Great result today, Everton. Just watched it on MOTD and you played some great stuff. Easily the best team on the pitch.
  2. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Does Dan Gosling have a comb over? :confused:

Poor sod it he does. I'm only going by the picture in the link. I've yet to see the highlights.
  3. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Saha has highlights. Probably best that Gosling avoids fucking around with peroxide in case he damages the little he has left.

[​IMG]

In America they know how to go bald with a bit of penache. It's the eyes too close together thing that has gone wrong for Landy.
  4. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Apparently that is down to his Italian ancestry:

[​IMG]
  5. agricola

Returning to the Utd game, there was a wonderful comment on WSAG's review of the game:

:D:D:D:D
  6. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

Their match review was a bit daft though,

Rooney was shite, Berbatov, Fletcher and Valenica were far better than him.
  7. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Europa League, you're having a laugh. :D
  8. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Sporting must be a tad confused and wondering if the team who played them last week stayed at home.....
  9. Hulot

Hulot Ooh, me parts!

Oh nadgers.
  10. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

I was going to say knocked out first time they meet a decent team but Sporting are without a win in seven attempts in all competitions.
  11. big eejit

big eejit Just a poor bastard

We do seem to have a problem when we're expected to get a result. When we're playing against the big boys like Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U it seems like the pressure's off and we play our natural game and get results.

But when we're expected to get a result against the lesser teams like Liverpool or Lisbon we freeze.

I think Moyes has work to do on that.
  12. agricola

Yes, though that was so abject - much worse than Fiorentina - I think he should focus on the arse-kicking.

Good to see Jags back though.
  13. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Yes the 6-1 home defeat to Arsenal was a good example of your natural game.

Moyes just goes to pieces when his team play Liverpool. Perhaps he feels intimidated by Benitez.

[​IMG]
  14. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing." Bill Shankly

"I guarantee 4th place." Rafa Benitez
  15. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

"There are two great teams on Merseyside. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves" Bill Shankly

"When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow” Rafael Benitez
  16. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

"We can still win the league" Rafa Benitez :facepalm:

That's a belter

Anyway shouldn't you be off pulling yourself silly at players getting injured... :rolleyes:
  17. big eejit

Still don't see the point of Anichebe. Bale was ripping us apart down the left while Victor was deciding if he could be arsed chasing after him. Useless.
  18. Hulot

Hulot Ooh, me parts!

When at Thy call my weary feet I turn
    The gates of paradise are opened wide
    At Goodison I know a man can learn
    Rapture more rich than Anfield can provide.

In Coulter's skill and Geldard's subtle speed
    I see displayed in all its matchless bounty
    The power of which the heavens decreed
    The fall of Sunderland and Derby County.

The hands of Sagar, Dixie's priceless head
    Made smooth the path to Wembley till that day
    When Bolton came. Now hopes are fled
    And all is sunk in bottomless dismay.

And so I watch with heart and temper cool
    God's lesser breed of men at Liverpool.

Michael Foot, published in the Liverpool Daily Post, 8 March 1935

RIP
  19. big eejit

Is that really by Michael Foot? Just gone even higher in my estimation if it is.
  20. Hulot

Hulot Ooh, me parts!

Yes it really is. He lived in Liverpool for a couple of years just after he left university.
  21. agricola

22. Discordia

Discordia New Member

You'd be much better than your neighbours if you were just a bit more consistent :(

Need to take a look at your fitness setup too!
  23. big eejit

Good performance and great to see Arteta back on form. Shame Donavan's off soon tho. Very accomplished player.
  24. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Consistent? You mean not affected by up to 11 players injured, we have played 2 games this season with all the first team available? I'm not sure 'consistency' is the issue as opposed to a massive injury list in the 'middle' few months of the season.
  25. agricola

.... and the start of the season as well.
  26. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

That too, but it got ridiculous late last year.
  27. Discordia

Discordia New Member

Well you seem to get a really good result...then go and lose to some wank team next week.

Obviously the injury problems don't help, that really should be looked at. Someone isn't doing their job properly.
  28. embree

embree Well-Known Member

afaik pretty much all Everton's long term injuries were horrendous freaks which couldn't reasonably be put down to basic fitness. May as well blame Arsenal's broken legs on their fitness regime.
  29. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Well our current league form is certainly not inconsistent. Upto 11 players out, injured players returning then getting injured again. The 4 most prominent, Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu, Fellaini all being out through bad injuries/tackles not fitness. Others also out because of tackles not so much a fitness issue.
  30. embree

embree Well-Known Member

yeah, Everton's current form is pretty consistent in the league. Two defeats since the Goodison derby in Octoberish isn't it?