1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everton 08/09 Plus Europe

Discussion in 'football' started by BIG davie H, May 19, 2008.

1. BIG davie H

BIG davie H hotter than a mofo

The season has only just finished but as all blues we are looking forword not back. Who do we need to sign/sell, and how do you think we will fair this season. Do you all have your passports ready like liverpool fans, sorry dont need a passport to visit from ireland, any gossip about the blues post here, remember we are the peoples club not a bunch of dicks from Norway
  2. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Classic Everton statement. Unable to utter more than two sentences without having to refer to Liverpool FC for effect.

Once a Bitter always a Bitter.
  3. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Carsley released, will need to replace him.
  4. andyefc

andyefc Well-Known Member

we are the people
  5. Yossarian

Yossarian moving the bomb line

Have you gone back to supporting Liverpool now that your local team didn't win anything? :p
  6. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Liverpool
    Cardiff
    Lillestrom
    Celtic
    Fiorentina
    Hertha Berlin

in that order.

I just think it smacks of small time when constant digs and references are made to local rivals instead of celebrating the team's own achievements.

I was pleased not to hear any 'Are you watching Jack Bastards' at Wembley on Saturday. Long may it continue.
  7. BIG davie H

BIG davie H hotter than a mofo

todays liverpool echo has said that only 4 fit first teamers will be reporting to training on the first day back. with alot of the lads going under the knife is mr david god moyes leaving it late to make some signings
  8. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Yes.
  9. big eejit

big eejit Just a poor bastard

Well that's two new signings:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/castillo-signing-completed.html

After signing, Castillo told evertonTV: "I know that Everton are a big club who have a history of playing in important competitions like the Uefa Cup.

As joining quotes go it's not quite up there with Moyes's "people's club" is it. Still, sounds like he's potentially a good signing. Not that we're getting desperate or owt.
  10. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Does one season give you a history now? :D

Stadium called in, Moyes in his last year and not signing a new contract and playing a 26 year old and a 17 year old in the league, things aren't well for the bitters.
  11. big eejit

Do the RS not have any 26 year olds in their side then? Good result last night btw against the cream of Belgium. Old Rafa looked a bit scared of their manager when he took offence at Liverpool's lack of sportsmanship / class didn't he. :)
  12. big eejit

A class act

[​IMG]
  13. andyefc

where the fucks ur stadium
  14. sleaterkinney

I meant a 16 year old, a shite one too. Lol at all the players who wouldn't come to neverton even though their clubs were willing to sell. Moutino, Love, Tiago. Maybe loans from Red Star Belgrade and Dortmond are where it's at.

Speaking of managers, Why hasn't Davey signed his new contract for the people's club then?
  15. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Moutinho's club werent willing to sell at the price we wanted to pay, and unlike certain other clubs we dont unsettle the player in order to drive the price down. Tiago didnt want to come to England, and Love wanted to come to Everton but his club didnt want to sell.

Do you read these rumours before you spout off incorrectly about them?
  16. sleaterkinney

Lol sure, what about that Goalkeeper that fucked off after an hour?. :D :D
  17. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

18. andyefc

weve got no money it shit i know still punchin above our weight though unlike u fucken clowns
  19. TrippyLondoner

TrippyLondoner Well-Known Member

Everton have just signed Saha.
  20. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Milner having medical at Villa today apparently. Saha is signing for you if he passes a medical. Used to be good before he developed his injury-prone status.

At least this thread is well into double figures now. That has to be a positive, no?
  21. TrippyLondoner

lmao, the draws are so fixed.I knew everton would get Liege.
  22. big eejit

Don't know much about SL. Are they any good? I heard they struggled against a mediocre Premiership side in the Big Cup.
  23. TrippyLondoner

Didn't you see them against liverpool? They will be tough for you.
  24. Phenotypic Dai

Phenotypic Dai The girdle of Venus

Aye, shit draw for Everton.

Liege looked class midweek.
  25. big eejit

I did see that game and they looked very strong. But it's hard to judge how good they actually are without seeing them against one of the big three.
  26. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope this thread doesn't end up losing the last two words of its tital before a second overnight bag has been packed by Gollum and co.
  27. sleaterkinney

I couldn't believe it when I saw Everton- missed penalty on the ticker, I thought AJ had left for Fulham. :D
  28. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

:eek: FFS Everton, you're not supposed to lose against us :D
  29. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

You are supposed to win your home games no? There is a nice correlation of 1goal conceded per point lost so far for the Bitters.

Signing Henrik for 500k should sort the defensive problems out.
  30. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member