1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everquest II

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by miss minnie, Dec 16, 2004.

1. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

I may need to buy more then. :rolleyes:

2. alco

alco New Member

Urban is being run by MMO players these days?

3. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

I've created a character called Dubee on the Neriak server. Just about to start playing and it throws me out and all the login servers seem to be down.

Not a great start. :rolleyes:

4. miss minnie

miss minnie Well-Known Member

ah yes, the 3pm daily patch. :D it'll be back up around about 4pm.

use this link to ping the server, it checks to see if neriak is up every 20 seconds.

http://www.pathset.net/eq2mon/status.php?myServer=Neriak&refresh=20&Submit=GO

edit: at 3:22 it's saying neriak is back up, and it may well be, but i wouldn't try logging in until about 3:40 at the earliest. the server may be back up but the login server might not be yet. ime the patch usually takes 30-40 mins and they always give an eta of an hour.

5. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

Doh! Now you tell me. :rolleyes: :p

6. miss minnie

just the first of many, many things that i shall forget to tell you. :D

am just trying a login now. :)

edit: neriak is up now!

7. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

It's bloody addictive; almost as bad/good as Championship Manager. I haven't been to bed and I've no intention of going any time soon.

I've not had so much as a coffee but my eyes are starting to go funny and Missuz Scott had just got up for work so I'm gonna go and have one now.

8. miss minnie

oh dear, upallnightgaming eh. sorry didn't get back to the isle, but i logged in as other toon and within 5 mins was swept up into one of those mad groups that just wouldn't quit so that was me for hours - well, until 2am, not quite as bad as you. :D

9. Fatbulb

Fatbulb º¿º

Was on eq2, at first i thought it was amazing and couldn't stop playing. Then, the 2nd update for City of Heroes went live, so i went to have alook at the new stuff - i'd forgotten how awesome it was. Not as much depth, true, but so much more fun. Why run when you can fly? I cancelled my EQ2 subscription, think I'll stay in Paragon until/if Warhammer online comes out.

10. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

Well, I've now cancelled my sub to EQII.

It takes far too much time, is pricey for what you get IMHO and after a couple of weeks solid play became very, very dull.

Back to Football Manager 2005 for me. ;)

11. miss minnie

whilst i, on the other hand, have gotten into it more and more! i'm now in a guild of mainly danish players, we're using a voice server to chat, i've made absolutely tons of friends who don't take the game too seriously and like pissing about a bit. i really look forward to meeting up with them everyday. :)

there are some genuinely witty people who are adept at subverting the 'game' for pure pleasure and entertainment. there are times i have had tears of laughter running down my cheeks whilst witnessing some of the antics of others. love it. :D