1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Essay crew...Cite your woes

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by Rutita1, Dec 13, 2009.

1. mrs quoad

mrs quoad ¡pǝlqɐsıp ƃuıƃƃɐʇ sɐɥ ;ǝpnɹ ʇou

I've just ctrl+fed for every single instance of a 'z' in my 23,000 word document, to ensure the greatest possible brutalisation of Americanisms.
    stuff_it, toggle and Greebo like this.
  2. wayward bob

wayward bob official sideboard pervert

okay, one last spliff then i sober up and get sticking :hmm:
  3. wayward bob

everything that's gonna get stuck tonight is now stuck and i'm high on spray mount :cool:
    stuff_it likes this.
  4. PlaidDragon

PlaidDragon We don't need money to have a good time

So glad I didn't see this thread before I finished Uni. Done two essays in the last month, B in my dissertation, B- in my 'Rage! Writers Change the World' module. Two very late nights (one all-nighter), punctuated with sunrises, red wine and pizzas. I don't think this thread would have helped!
  5. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady willy nilly

Nearly finished, nearly finished, nearly finished, nearly finished....
  6. wayward bob

journal handed in :cool:

i really should get cracking on some designs now :( cannot be arsed :mad:
  7. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

:mad: at all you people finishing things. Very jealous. My final portfolio deadline isn't til 21st June and of course, as usual, i'm spending all my time procrastinating.
  8. wayward bob

what you studying hb?
  9. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

This will be in by morning.I have done the hard question, and just have to finish typing everything up.
  10. wayward bob

hmm. i'm fucked tbh, exhausted. i feel bad not having anything for the tutorial tomoz (missed last week cos i didn't have anything then either :oops:) as it's a group project and we should be producing group designs by now. i just have zero interest in this project, been putting all my energies into my journal/personal stuff recently. i know i won't fail so i'm seriously lacking motivation atm. and i have to keep an eye on my head which has been a bit wonky of late.

i know i can come up with *something* at the last minute and today isn't quite last-minute enough for me :oops: but still, i'm taking the rest of the day off.

edit: i'm gonna go in and try to do as much as i can on the group part: choosing designs that work together etc. and just be upfront that a) i have no designs to contribute at this stage and b) i don't give a shit if my work isn't part of the final piece as long as i haven't let anyone else down.
  11. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

pgce. Can't WAIT to finish
  12. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

So I've got 72% for my coursework, which is a grade 2. (You need 85% to get grade 1) However even if I managed to buckle down to revision I've no chance of getting 70% for my exam to maintain the 2. And as it is I'm not buckling down at all. Just hope I do enough to get a 40% pass.
  13. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Nearly there, but then straight on to the next one - 3 weeks ....*sigh*

Probably do better if I wasn't watching Iron Man at the same time. :oops:
  14. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Tada! One more done. Yay.
  15. ShiftyBagLady

Oh fucking hell. I made a mistake about the word count and am now three hundred words over with no conclusion :mad: :rolleyes:
    Seen as this is my last essay of the year :)eek:) I've been really show off in it. Oh well. I can afford to lose three hundred and still be brilliant.
    wayward bob likes this.
  16. miniGMgoit

miniGMgoit OverWeightUnderAchiever

Blurgh

Not an essay but still

Just finished my 6 week hospital placement (nursing). I was in the Rapid Admission and Planning Unit here in Darwin so got exposed to all manner of gross tropical unpleasantness. I've seen some pretty heavy duty stuff this time :eek:
  17. Greebo

Greebo czy zamilowanie jest odpowiedz, co jest pytanie?

Congratulations on your endurance then. :cool: I expect that placement weeds out quite a few who already had doubts.
  18. miniGMgoit

miniGMgoit OverWeightUnderAchiever

Well in our debrief today they let slip that over 1/3 of students currently on placement are on "learning agreements". I had the very strange experience of going to my prize giving ceremony this evening (I won an outstanding academic achievement award for last years study). All these usual gruff and generally sour faced old bags were really nice to me and it turns out they had all been talking about me and my study buddy (who also won an award) and our progress. Lots of encouragement to come back and continue our studies. At the end of the evening we were left with the person now responsible for post grad studies who was blind drunk and "venting" about her opinion on abortion :facepalm:

Still, an interesting night was had and they were severing proper good wine.
    Miss-Shelf, funky_sessions and Greebo like this.
  19. barney_pig

barney_pig Po-cha-na-quar-hip

one week before my oral presentation of MA, explaining my methodology to my supervisor, and just found out I am a 'new Historicist', wow!
    Miss-Shelf, toggle and Greebo like this.
  20. funky_sessions

funky_sessions not to be used as pants.

Yay! opening night of my final show is over with :) there were some BS speeches, and muchos alcohol. so overall, pretty good :)
  21. wayward bob

did you do the red dots? :D
  22. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Only got a 64 on this one. :(

I'm dooomed.....dooooooooomed.....*

*actually it's the first one of this module that I've got under 75...not that doomed, just a bit pissed off with myself.
  23. funky_sessions

no, I totally forgot! :( but, I did hear people saying they'd like to buy a copy of my book :oops:

pics of my exhibition pieces are in the may photo thread :)
  24. wayward bob

wtfuckingfuck? :( did you not have paypal and whathaveyou all set up waiting? :(
  25. funky_sessions

no :( I did tell them they could get it on the blurb store though ;)
    wayward bob likes this.
  26. wayward bob

27. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Apparently I won't have my results in time to miss a year now, but it means I can take the rest of the summer off....see ya laterz thread. :)
    Greebo likes this.
  28. ShiftyBagLady

I only have to revise for an exam now :cool:
    That's 19 essays down, hurrah!
    Like everybody else, I shall be taking my leave, abandoning the thread until September.

**** SUMMER! ****
    Greebo likes this.
  29. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

when's your exam?

surely we don't break up for summer until exams are finished?
  30. ShiftyBagLady

I'm not entirely sure. I think it's on the 11/06. They keep changing it.
    In my mind I have broken up already. I only need to pass this thing, the result makes no difference to me whatsoever and I don't even enjoy the subject. Sofuckit.
    Greebo, stuff_it and quimcunx like this.