1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EDL watch

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Das Uberdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Das Uberdog

Das Uberdog remembers the alamo

Thought I'd just start a thread to compile all my posts about the EDL, seeing as almost all my recent threads have been related to them. Who knows; if it takes off, it might become a sticky?

I've just heard that the EDL have up-turned a UAF stall in Oldham. No report I've found from UAF yet, but I imagine there'll be some 'Oldham UAF activists saw off the EDL on Sunday' headling coming soon. Anyone heard anything?
  2. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

Can we redo that argument again for the benefit of a new audience?
  3. Das Uberdog

Das Uberdog remembers the alamo

are you talking about the one where you fail to understand why supporting EDL demonstrations is idiotic? if so, i'd rather you keep that to PMs unless it specifically comes up. ta.
  4. Citizen66

I don't remember it playing out like that at all.

How I recall it, it was about supporting the Muslim community in opposing both English AND Islamist fascists from a w/c perspective that you couldn't get your head round. Oh well.
  5. fiannanahalba

fiannanahalba Feel the Love

No way did the EDL turn over a UAF stall, what happened was the UAF were campaigning in Oldham and got a fantastic response from locals who queued up ten deep to sign a petition, resulting in the sheer weight of the petitions collapsing the stall.
  6. Casually Red

Casually Red fear not

those fucks need sorting out
    Solareyes likes this.
  7. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson treat a liberal as you would a fascist

8. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

this
  9. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

10. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy I killed a man

11. Fingers

Fingers from the internetz

The EDL's weekend jo9lly nto amsterdam didn't quite go to plan, here it is summed up by indymedia, backed up by the whining on the EDL forums

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/10/467167.html
  12. Deareg

Deareg Well-Known Member

13. Proper Tidy

Bit of a knob, whoever wrote that. Chav scrotes? DSS? Sneering prick.
  14. OneStrike

OneStrike Well-Known Member

Was that the Ajax hooligan firm taking it to the invading foreign firm victory?
  15. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Malatesta is a general without an army
  16. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

Someone has pointed out in the comments section that the phrase "Chav Scrotes" was used by the EDL leadership to describe those who gave the EDL a bad name.
  17. Citizen66

And it's placed in inverted commas indicating it was used elsewhere.
  18. Proper Tidy

What about the DSS bit?
  19. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson treat a liberal as you would a fascist

Tommy Robinson is the least scary looking far right leader I've ever seen - looks like some sort of junior estate agent cunt. No wonder he used to wear the balaclava. Even then, any pretense of toughness was done away whenever he opened his mouth and sounded like Kathy Burke playing a teenage boy.
    Solareyes likes this.
  20. audiotech

"Soap dodgers", "scroungers", "DSS", "chav scrotes". All pretty pathetic really.
  21. Casually Red

Casually Red fear not

:D:D
  22. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

ah hem

23. Citizen66

You have a problem with him suggesting that the DSS doesn't pay enough for people to go abroad? Or that he assumes EDL members that didn't go are on the DSS? Or just the DSS in general being used as a term of abuse?

I'm not sure that it's the latter. Although if it's some uppity middle class guy sneering at the wwc I can see why it's raised your hackles.
  24. Proper Tidy

It sounds like sneering to me, and it's all too common amongst some 'anti-fascists'.
  25. treelover

treelover For the 'Good Old Cause'

Comrade 'Maletasa' clearly hasn't signed on for for quite a while or at all, DSS has long been abandoned by the Dept, its now DWP....
  26. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Turned out nice again

has been for years.
  27. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Turned out nice again

yeh: mainly imo among the posturing keyboard warriors who'd run a mile if confronted with a couple of edl.
  28. frogwoman

frogwoman I welcome your experience

not all of whom are even "anti" at all, especially in the USA (not accusing this guy btw)
  29. Proper Tidy

Usually the same people who say 'oh, immigrants only take the jobs the council estate scum are too lazy to do' etc.
  30. audiotech

I never mentioned the DSS?

Now being a recipient of £65 quid a week, I can attest that most on benefit, as I also found in the 80's, are above reproach.

Of course, there's alway's the twat in the block, who is rumoured to be a crack addict and tried to scam me for a couple of quid the other day, pretending he was collecting for a cancer charity - fucking scumbag.

Not saying you do, but I don't live in some leafy, middle-class dream world.