1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Stanhope

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Badgers, May 23, 2009.

1. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

I heard that Doug Stanhope doesn't just beat up his hecklers, he also goes round their old mums' houses and tweaks their noses. That's just what I heard.

2. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

The lucky ones get their noses tweaked :(

3. DexterTCN

DexterTCN 18-9-14

I doubt he'd do it for a haircut. ;)

4. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

it was like somethin out of a sitcom tbh. must've looked fucking hilarious from the upper seats (i was in the front row - and i do recall a lot of cheering as i was being carried out).

5. fogbat

fogbat you're just a dickhead like everyone else.

My admiration of Stanhope has risen another notch.

6. Celt

Celt Well-Known Member

I'm going to see him next week, and frankly I'm going to be offended if i'm not thrown out an d beaten up

7. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

give him my love :)

8. DrRingDing

DrRingDing PotValiantFenman

9. Frumious B.

Frumious B. Well-Known Member

I saw him in St Albans last week - loads of idiots thrown out. Some of his best material is about an ongoing twitter war with Telegraph columnist Allison Pearson about the tetraplegic guy in the news recently who wants assisted suicide and is praying for a fatal disease. She suggested he could starve himself to death. Doug called her a cunt and wished a fetid ovarian cyst on her. The Guardian and Indy have joined the row. Pearson is trying to get him sacked and says she will report him to the police for threatening her with cancer. She's done another piece in the Sunday Times, but neither Doug nor his fans know what it says because nobody will pay Murdoch to read it. Can someone pls borrow it from a library/pub and scan it? The world is waiting. :)

10. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet ammonia snooker balls

Threatening her with cancer?

Tbh if Doug Stanhope is threatening anyone within cancer, it's himself.

11. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Interested. He has been quoted out of context before by right wing journalists.

12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

13. DrRingDing

[​IMG]

Truely hideous.

14. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

He's a cunt of the highest order. Quelle surprise!

Even Jimmy Carr has jokes. Stanhope's act consists of walking around a stage in a lumberjack's shirt and hat with a six-pack of PBR talking to himself in front of a bunch of sycophantic Charlie Brooker fans. Just a bit of a dick.

15. DrRingDing

:facepalm:

16. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

17. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Oh, my sides

18. DrRingDing

Have you even bothered to think about what that evil cunt Pearson is trying to do?

She deserves far worse than being ripped on the web.

19. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Do you think Stanhope's funny? Seriously?

If so you're even more a cunt than him :)

20. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

21. DrRingDing

You haven't thought about what Pearson was trying to pull and why. Have you?

22. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Oh dear.

23. DrRingDing

That'd be a 'no' then.

24. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

25. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

It seems a perfectly normal piece (the telegraph one).. not sure, is there a backstory here I should know about...?

What, exactly, is amusing about this?

26. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Things is, I can totally understand why you think this.
    I cannot really argue with you.

But, I also think, in the right context he is incredibly clever and astute and I loved him live.
    Even though I bit off all my nails with the discomfort of it all.

27. DrRingDing

So you've done fuck all thinking or reading about Pearson, her motives and bigotries.

28. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Each to their own. I think im too old for stand up comedy these days. The egos required to actually do standup completely invalidates any respect I might have had for the person in question, so it's a catch22.

Bill Hicks, for instance - I used to think was a genius when i was 20. Watched a few clips recently, and he's just a dick.

29. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

You're correct.

I have however sat through a bit of Stanhope. I'd rather have a drink with the author of that article tbh... rather than someone who mocks Down's Syndrome babies. But each to their own.

30. DrRingDing

You'd prefer to drink with someone that wishes to make someone, who's extremely vulnerable to suffer like nothing you could imagine. Just because you got kicked out of a gig. You sick prick.