1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference in Oyster pricing?

Discussion in 'transport' started by TitanSound, Jun 22, 2012.

1. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

Why have I been charged £2.00 on Monday and Wednesday and £2.70 on Tuesday and Thursday?

Same route, same time, different prices?

WTF mate?
  2. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

Boris puts the price up every 3 days.

Its probably an Oyster fuck up, apparently it happens all the time and tfl make a mint from it.
  3. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat roast fishco and cornbread

there is a pricing differential based on odd or even numbered days

:p

srsly, what journey and what sort / combination of transport? (national rail / overground / underground / bus / DLR)?

some of these have different peak / off peak fares- see here

Is it possible that your swipe in / out was just within the 'peak' times on some of the days? you have to be very careful with the first train after the peak with Oyster. Traditionally, ticket office staff would sell you an off peak as soon as the last 'peak' train had gone, but Oyster readers go solely by the time you swipe in.

Alternatively, is yours the kind of journey where you change trains somewhere and have to swipe on a pink oyster reader when you change, to prove you've not gone through zone 1 (this tends to happen at places like highbury & islington on the london overground orbital lines.)
  4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model let's kill the king

because you can afford it and because of your posts about the transport strikers on another thread.
  5. TitanSound

I did think about peak pricing, but all of the swipe ins are before 9:30am (around 9:00-9:15am). Central line and then Victoria line. So I should be paying £2.70 according to the peak pricing.
  6. TitanSound

And so I have my first cross thread call out :D