1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. zenie

zenie >^^<

Maybe it's just the way you took the pic, it looks off centre, or your boobs are :D Lovely corset, who's it by?

Ooh that's brilliant :D

I have wanted a skirt by dollchops for ages...

[​IMG]
  2. such and such

such and such Scones then fucking.

((my asymmetrical norks))

I got on eBay for $45 :eek: (30 pounds I think?)
  3. Greebo

Greebo Does my bum look big in this paradigm shift?

Also, fill your lungs before tightening it. FWIW if I know I'm going to have to tighten and fasten it unaided, I swap over the laces/ribbons to ones which are long enough to cross over at the back and then pull from the front (or you could try the door knob method). No, it doesn't reach fetish tightness, but it gets it tight enough to make a visible difference.
  4. Greebo

IMHO they're not asymetrical (but the underbust was), and I'd kill to have anywhere near that size.
  5. such and such

Ok, tried it on again and took some more picture for this thread. For what it's worth I tried it back on with my tracksuit pants on initially which looked hilarious!
  6. such and such

wayward bob and Yu_Gi_Oh like this.
  7. Greebo

:cool: Looks like you've got the hang of it. If there's a horizontal ribbon or tape running around the inside of it, that should be more or less be on your waistline. Which is, of course, easily visible when putting the ****ing thing on and doing it up. :facepalm:
  8. such and such

Ok, I think I need to pull it down a bit next time. There seemed to be a bit of overlap with my bra band and the back of the corset which is annoying. I feel like a tin solider when I trying bend forward :D
  9. Greebo

Had to put mine on ( underbust but not longline one) to work out where it sits, and the lower edge just about touches the hip bones at the side, any lower and you'd have difficulty bending from the hips. That's if the tape on the inside of it lines up with dressmaking waistline (ie narrowest bit between bust & hips). Slight bra band overlap is AFAIK normal and the bra should go under. BTW preventing the tin soldier thing is I think why some made for prolonged wear have zips at the front and spiral wires, but I'd be worried about a zip being able to take the strain.
  10. such and such

Thank you so much for you help Greebo :) I guess like most things it's a matter of practice and getting used to it.
    Greebo likes this.
  11. Greebo

One more thing, er, loosen and undo the damn thing before trying to wipe your backside. :oops:

Right, back to normal daywear.
  12. such and such

Proper LOL :D
    Greebo likes this.
  13. such and such

I was totally typing a couple of my earlier posts in my corset and mismatched underwear. Actually that's one reason I should wear it more often, to improve my posture :oops:
  14. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

Jeans. A size larger. Bollocks :(
    Greebo likes this.
  15. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

I feel a bit boring posting about a cardi now :mad:

Anyway, I bought a navy and white striped cotton Top Shop cardi with small red buttons today. £6.50 from Cancer Research
    It will go with my sailor pants :)
    Greebo likes this.
  16. Greebo

*shrug* You'll go down a size soon. And 34" legs :cool:
  17. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Have you had that style before though? I vary in size depending on shop/cut.
  18. muvva

muvva Well-Known Member

Boots No.7 Fanomenal Lashes mascara- wow, love it, fat lashes!
    Boots No.7 hot cloth cleanser
    Avon stuff
    M&S skinny jeans
    Sandals with the fabric bit over the ankle, a bit weird like but funky
    Heart print top
    Matching flippy skirts and leggings for my girls... ahhh!
    New socks
    School uniform
    Funky turquoise bag to match my turquoise converse
    Fold up shoes x3
    I'm a spendaholic!
    Greebo likes this.
  19. Greebo

New Look sizes tend to be a bit small, don't they?
  20. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I found a basic black Kate Spade bag at a charity shop. I paid $30, which ismore than I'd usually pay for a charity shop item. Its probably a knock-off, but its made of real leather and probably worth the cost anyway.
  21. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

I think I have actually put on weight. My eating's been a bit chaotic since I went part time - not in a routine.

They do a good job of not cutting my stomach in half though unlike every other pair of jeans I've tried on for the last few years.
  22. such and such

I bought this dress from the internet :D :cool:

[​IMG]
    lagtbd, Yu_Gi_Oh, muvva and 2 others like this.
  23. killer b

killer b Oh Yeah Baby

some skinny black rick owen jeans in the end of season sales. they're really skinny. i'm concerned i might be having a mid-life crisis.
    Greebo likes this.
  24. moose

moose with the voice of Roger Tilling

I hope you are. You can do all sorts of wildly inappropriate things and blame it on a MLC.
    Shirl likes this.
  25. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

I bought a long dark grey Sandwich cardigan in TKMaxx yesterday.
    I buy Sandwich clothes quite often because I like the styles and quality but I've never seen anything in TKMaxx before.
    Greebo likes this.
  26. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

I got
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

also a 'lovedrobe' dress which is going back due to the shitty fabric and it reeks of perfume.
    Sapphireblue, Yu_Gi_Oh and Greebo like this.
  27. moose

moose with the voice of Roger Tilling

Couple of cheapo things to sweat in at a punk festival

Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 21.54.15.png Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 21.53.04.png
    Me76, spanglechick and nipsla like this.
  28. Greebo

I predict a long hot dry summer, because I've just ordered my winter coat. There'd be a picture but it's not on the net.
  29. killer b

killer b Oh Yeah Baby

found some off-white cotton twill levis 511s, pretty much as new for 2 quid at the cancer shop today.
  30. BoatieBird

BoatieBird You can call me cupcake