1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

Why not go to a HOF or John Lewis, they'll have Hobbs, Phase Eight, FWM, Jaeger etc etc.
  2. temper_tantrum

temper_tantrum The beauty of the ride

Yeah, JL is my usual go-to place for smart stuff. Will head there if Hobbs (Regent St) doesn't deliver. I was more looking for suggestions for brands-which-are-similar-to-Hobbs-and-might-have-decent-suity-stuff, for me to look out for.
    Hobbs and LK Bennett are the obvious suit-y places, aren't they? But I'm open to other suggestions.
  3. Shirl

Shirl Three good things

Have you looked at Toast? they have interesting suit type things quite often. Jigsaw do too.
  4. temper_tantrum

Oh cheers :) Will have a look at them! Haven't heard of them before.
    I do usually look at Jigsaw, but generally I find it's not quite cut for my body type - more for taller, willowy types I think ... :hmm:
  5. Greebo

Greebo Czekałam na Ciebie

Splurged a bit in Lush:
    Angels on bare skin, ultrabland, cosmetic warrior, catastrophe cosmetic, breath of fresh air, full of grace, and enchanted eye cream.
    Me76 likes this.
  6. zenie

zenie >^^<

Some new bras, am experimenting with sizing :hmm:
    wtfftw likes this.
  7. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

Thin enough for denim shorts! :eek: :cool: (although not really tiny ones, maybe in a month or so :hmm: )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    madzone likes this.
  8. temper_tantrum

zenie and Yu_Gi_Oh like this.
  9. muvva

muvva Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And some white lace espadrilles[​IMG][​IMG]
    Yu_Gi_Oh likes this.
  10. Shirl

Shirl Three good things

11. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Just bought a new spring/summer mac online:

http://www.cyclechic.co.uk/shop/water-ducks-back-black-p-505.html

Looks a bit district nurse in the picture, but hoping it may look cool when it arrives. If it's not I'll send it back. Plus the flip round cycling day-glo is handy for me :) Quite expensive but then I only tend to buy new coats about every 2-3 years, and my last black mac is falling apart. My old one is a uniqlo one I bought 4 years ago which was marked down to £70 in the sale, but ended up being £10 when I got to the till, so I figure I can justify a bit more this time :D
  12. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

Nice mac, nipsla!

Just bought this online.

[​IMG]
  13. temper_tantrum

Yeah :) I just resent spending so much on something so boring :D Gotta be done though.
  14. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

Ah. I just noticed that summer clothes are out and my finger is now twitching. :hmm:
    zenie likes this.
  15. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. The mac turned up and I'm sending it back :( They sent it to me a size to small, it's got no buttons at all which proved a nightmare just from walking to the station yesterday, and it also has loads of loose threads so the workmanship on it's not that great. Shame cos it was a decent weight and could have been really nice.

I'm going to purchase this one instead once I get the refund:

http://www.hobbs.co.uk/product/disp...refpage=outlet/coats-jackets/macs-wintercoats
  16. Shirl

Shirl Three good things

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just bought these. I was looking for brown ballet pumps but these were nicer. They're by Cydwoq and hand made.
    muvva and zenie like this.
  17. Shirl

Shirl Three good things

I also bought today, a silver sequined pull on hat (festival wear) for £1.99 and a lovely old Italian leather bag for £3.99 both from Oxfam
  18. moose

moose with the voice of Roger Tilling

Screen shot 2012-04-18 at 19.07.08.png
    I'll probably make the grey piping red, with some leather dye and a degree of cunning.
    boohoo, muvva, nipsla and 1 other person like this.
  19. such and such

such and such Scones then fucking.

I keep forgetting to post on here! Here is stuff I has bought recently

This top

[​IMG]

Blouse

[​IMG]

Skirt

[​IMG]

Another top

[​IMG]

Polka dot tights

[​IMG]
    Yu_Gi_Oh likes this.
  20. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

Ooooh, tres sexeh, such! :cool:

I think I'm about to buy these, they're made for export to the UK and appear to go up to my size. Thing is my life is so boring I don't really need special shoes. :hmm:

[​IMG]
  21. Clair De Lune

Clair De Lune Glistening finger

I went accessory shopping the other day, my absolute favourite kind of shopping :cool:
    I needed some red stuff to tie in my only comfy shoes with my party frock for the wedding today.
    So I have red rose hair clips, a red rose for my dress, a tacky bracelet (I like tacky bracelets :mad:) and a red heart pendant. Oooh and a red lipstick :D
  22. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

M&S also have a good line in macs usually.

E2A: @ nipsla
  23. such and such

Thank you! The tights don't go past my hips :mad: Time to get the scissors out and make them into stockings. I think you should get the shoes so you will feel glamorous stomping around the house :cool:
  24. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

Actually, thinking about macs - how waterproof do you need it? Because the cyclechic one describes itself as waterproof, and anything you get from Hobbs or M&S or wherever is likely to just be showerproof.
  25. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ASOS DID 'CURVE'?????

*spends*
    moose likes this.
  26. such and such

I loves ASOS Curve :cool:
    muvva likes this.
  27. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

I have always been completely unimpressed by their stuff. Although to be fair I haven't seen it in the flesh.
  28. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

I will show you my lace trousers when I get them :D
  29. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

What's the sizing like?
  30. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

Actually now I look through I think I did get a dress from there once which went straight back (not flattering). Also they seem to have the same problem I see everywhere at the moment - nice dresses with really high necklines that I can't wear at all.