1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darts! Darts! Darts!

Discussion in 'general sports' started by Rosco, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

Well, here we go again, nearly 3 weeks of glorious arrers!

The PDC kicks off on boxing day on Sky Sports, full line up here . Its Wayne Mardles year me thinks.

And for those without Sky, panic ye not! Below is the JUST as exciting Embassy tournament BBC schedule that kicks off on the 1st January. Lets hope the Viking can handle the pace!

SATURDAY, JAN 1

13.00 - 16.30 LIVE ON GRANDSTAND

18.30 - 20.00 LIVE ON BBC-2

00.10 – 1AM HIGHLIGHTS

1AM – 2AM DARTS EXTRA

SUNDAY, JAN 2

13.35-16.30 LIVE ON SUNDAY GRANDSTAND

18.30-20.00 LIVE ON BBC-2

23.15-MIDNIGHT HIGHLIGHTS

MIDNIGHT-2AM DARTS EXTRA

MONDAY, JAN 3

13.30-16.30 LIVE

23.20-00.20 HIGHLIGHTS

00.20-1AM DARTS EXTRA

TUESDAY, JAN 4

13.30-16.30 AFTERNOON HIGHLIGHTS

MIDNIGHT-1AM HIGHLIGHTS

1AM-2AM DARTS EXTRA

WEDNESDAY, JAN 5

14.00-16.30 AFTERNOON HIGHLIGHTS

23.20-00.20 EVENING HIGHLIGHTS

00.20-2AM DARTS EXTRA

THURSDAY, JAN 6

13.00-16.30 AFTERNOON HIGHLIGHTS

23.20-00.20 EVENING HIGHLIGHTS

00.20-2AM DARTS EXTRA

FRIDAY, JAN 7

13.00-17.15 AFTERNOON HIGHLIGHTS

23.35-00.35 EVENING HIGHLIGHTS

00.35-2AM DARTS EXTRA

SATURDAY, JAN 8

15.00-16.30 FIRST MEN’S SEMI FINAL LIVE ON GRANSTAND

16.30-18.30 SECOND MEN’S SEMI FINAL LIVE ON BBC-2

MIDNIGHT-1AM HIGHLIGHTS

SUNDAY, JAN 9

18.00-20.00 MEN’S FINAL LIVE ON BBC-2

Please note that the TV schedule is subject to change
  2. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

Also theres a 3 hour darts special on tonight (xmas eve) at 7 on Sky Sports 2, what better way to spend your xmas eve! :D
  3. easy g

easy g Banned Banned

Game on!!

haven't got Sky but looking forward to the Beeb stuff :)
  4. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Pillock of the Community

Looking at the third round matches already set in stone, Roland Scholten against Jamie Harvey springs to the eye as the highlight, a rematch from their classic slugfest at the World Matchplay on that incredible day where they went to a tie-break, alongside (if I remember correctly) Mark Dudbridge-Alan Warriner before them and John Part-Bob Anderson after them.
  5. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Yes, I Am A Model

Dart's is a queer's game, apparently.

Some bloke in the pub told me :cool:
  6. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

1.00pm Sky Sports 3 this afternoon (boxing day)

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!! :D
  7. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

many will say the beeb stuff is shite but I dont agree, the games at Lakeside are just as impressive and sometimes better.
  8. Yoj

Yoj Equinox is safe as fuck

dont think fordham will win this year, but u never know!

seen him on a trailer for celebrity fat club!
  9. Tedbutler

Tedbutler New Member

I love the darts too, but I did a few quid last night because I thought Dennis Priestly wouldn't get whitewashed by Phil Taylor. I was way off with that one.
  10. easy g

easy g Banned Banned

well...first match over already at Lakeside!

bugger...missed loads this afternoon cos i was asleep :rolleyes:
  11. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

Crikey, did anyone see that PDC quarter final this afternoon with Mardle and Lloyd. What a game! How Mardle came back from that I will never ever know and I dont think he will either! Lloyd must be shocked and stunned :confused: , never mind eh :D
  12. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

Just shows the sometimes annoying amount of talent and skill Taylor has. Although Priestly is way past his best he can still throw some good darts with the best of players, however Taylor is way above the best, I doubt we will ever see a better darts player. Just recently tho Taylors bad days are becoming more frequent with age, thank goodness!! But his bad days are still better than other players good days, if you know wot I mean.
  13. Lisarocket

Lisarocket In bed with me dinner

I always watch the first rounds of the PDC, but don't have sky sports 2, so then i switch to the Beeb for the BDO and am watching another great week at Frimley Green :)

And it's on interactive :)

For as long as i can remember, all i do the first week in January is watch the darts. Been watching it since the days of the great Wilson, Rees and Bristow, when my mum and dad used to let me stay up late. Left home years ago but it's still a bit of a tradition in my house.

Funny really, as i don't watch or play any other time of the year.

It's the only thing all year that i bet on too. I've won a few times over the years.

This year my moneys on Barney for the title :)
  14. Lisarocket

Missed that, but have seen him play before. He has loads of potential to take a title in the future.
  15. Rocket Romano

Rocket Romano Banned Banned

BDO is pretty poor compared to the PDC, even down to the gimmick entrances.

I think this years PDC has some seen some of the best performances from some players in a long long time, the old Taylor was back, Anderson playing well, Mardle on form. It's all good.

Compared to Fordham and Barneveld (also known as 'The Duffed By Taylor Club') the PDC is a different class
  16. Lisarocket

Yes the PDC has had some good matches this year, but the PDC does have a rep as being the place people go when they give up trying for the title at Lakeside :p

Just watched some class darts, Ted Hankey is on good form again, but not as unstoppable as the year he won the title.
  17. Rocket Romano

Rocket Romano Banned Banned

Considering Taylor has mauled the previous Champions that's a bit of a light argument.

Anyone of the final 8 at the PDC, incl Hamilton the qualifier could probably win the BDO.

Anyway, there's no Sid Waddell! No Stuart Pyke, No John Gwynne....it's just not right....I mean how can you watch darts without hearing Wadell comparing (insert player here) comeback to just about every massive historical event ever! :D
  18. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

I was there for that final (and 3 sessions in the week running up to it) - never have I been so chuffed to spend 4 hours round-trip travelling to watch 45 minutes of sport. Class.

Barney for the title this year methinks. Lots of Jocks this year have you noticed?
  19. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

No not at all is it poor compared to the PDC, check the scroring, averages, percentages etc etc etc. However, the gimmick entrances of the BDO do leave a lot to be desired, especcially the Ted Hankey "vampire" entrance that leaves many a viewer cringing as he throws his cardboard bats into the audience, twat! :D

As for Taylor being on form in the PDC, no he hasnt been anything like his best, but like I have said above, his bad days are still better than others good days and he proves that by still throwing bad arrows and still being in the final.

Mardle was certainly making the most of his talent albeit inconsistent as usual, got to be my favourite player though, he has the skill and the show.
  20. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

Cant argue with that, he's a one off!

He started commentating the Taylor/Anderson semi last night with hardly any voice at all, either he is ill, or has lost his voice more lightly due to abnormally loud shouting throughout the week!
  21. Lisarocket

But you can't knock Tony Green and John Part's slightly more laid back style of commentary. Sid does get a bit manic and surreal for me sometimes.

Who was the ref with the bad throat in the PDC, or does he always sound like that? Bit annoying i thought. Sounded like his head was about to explode.

Never thought i'd see a weird beard with long hair on the oche. Go for it Simon "The Wizard" Whitlock :D

Still haven't seen anyone playing better than Barney yet. My bet is safe for the time being.....
  22. Lisarocket

How do you get tickets to Lakeside Ern? I heard that you have to write a letter to the venue some time in August. I'd love to go.

Oh well, maybe i'll get to play a leg against Bobby George on Sunday :D

Yeah, my moneys on Barney too. Jocks? There were a couple in the first round for them to support. Only Veitch left now for them to cheer on.

Loads of Welsh were in for Wayne Warren too. Was it my imagination or was King slightley booed because of his moaning last year?
  23. Stobart Stopper

Stobart Stopper Well-Known Member

My kid is a darts addict. he thinks Ted Hankey will win it.
  24. Lisarocket

Could be a Hankey V Barney final methinks
  25. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

Didn't see it yet but wouldn't surprise me - Merv the Swerv's a wrong un. There's also that Anderson lad who knocked out the Scouse pudding Bunting.
  26. Lisarocket

That's the only one i've not seen yet.

Going to check BBCi for the Co Stompe match soon. His throwing style is a bit off putting though, but you can't help but love the matchstick.

Shame there's no Colin Monk this year. He's usually good for an arras battle :)
  27. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

They were both puddingish wernt they lol.

The commentators were taking the piss out of Buntings big smile but it was just his double chinned dart throwing gurn rather than a big smile. :D

Not that I'm taking the piss out of double chinned gurning puddings! :eek:
  28. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

Yea right, he sounds really awful and totally false and he always miscounts, my 5 year old niece could do a better job than that!
  29. Rosco

Rosco what was that?

and his little monkey son always crys whether daddy monkey wins or loses, ahhhh sweet :)
  30. Lisarocket

I'm worried about my bet on Barney now. Just seen Andre Brandjas beat Co Stompe in a high class match. High scoring, high finishing. Brantjas checked out at 170 in the third leg!

Class Darts

Could be on for an all Dutch final....

I'm well enjoying the live matches on interactive. Second round Barney V Veitch is up next

:cool: