1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Palace vs Cardiff - 28th April, complete with Palace rip off prices

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Apr 24, 2012.

1. editor

editor Got a fever +the only prescription is more cowbell

Fuck me. It was well overcrowded in the bar area at Palace. Dangerously so. I love old grounds but that wasn't a nice experience.

2. editor

He's a great player.

3. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

4. poisondwarf

poisondwarf I have a chance...and it is fat.

Go bloobirds!

5. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

Aye. I wax lyrical about the old days but there's at least three times I think I was lucky to not get crushed to death. Not usually in the bar though I must admit.

6. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

PS bollocks

7. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

fuck you stoaty :)

editor and poisondwarf like this.
  8. editor

Fantastic performance from City. We simply outclassed Palace.

Bring on the Hammers!

9. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Ed did you realise that Peter Whittingham has played every minute of the season?

10. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

11. editor

12. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Ended up watching on the internets via a scandanavian feed (I now know how to correctly pronounce Gunnarsson). Okay game. Cardiff were professional if a bit uninspired. Thought Palace did well early on then faded. Very makeshift line-up (we had three left-backs in our back four, and a lot of kids playing - average age of our subs? - 18 ). But good to see some of the youngsters put in a good shift.
    I bloody hope Cardiff smash the hammers in the play-offs (I live in east London).

13. Stoat Boy

Stoat Boy Banned Banned

And up yours as well :)

Pretty manky game all told. Thought we did ok in the first half but did not show up for the second (much like our season really).

And nothing personal but I have to say that I want West Ham to beat you.Not because I hold any particular fondness for the 'appy 'ammers but rather I just want to see Big Sams head explode in rage when they lose at Wembley. Whilst it would still be amsuing enough to watch him splutter out his excuses should you Welshies turn them over I would still prefer to see it happen after losing at Wembley and also hopefully after a match in which West Ham have not only dominated but been denied blatent penalties, had perfectly good goals disallowed and generally have every bit of bad luck the footballing Gods can throw at them.

I reckon Big Sams big horse head would explode after that and that would make me chuckle.

14. editor

Thanks for that. Loved beating you today, good and proper, fair and square and on your own turf. Luvverly.

And did you see Whittingham's goal? That's proper class that is.

15. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

It was a good goal. But I wouldn't crow too hard if I were you. That and Ambrose's through ball to tee up Zaha were the only glimpses of class all game long. You'll have to do a lot better to get through the play-off process.

16. editor

At least we're in it, against all the odds. As far as I'm concerned we've already had a fucking fantastic season.

17. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

So Cowie's volley wasnt class!

18. Stoat Boy

Stoat Boy Banned Banned

On a serious note how do you Welshies fancy your chances ? I have to say that on your day you do seem to be one of the better teams in the division but, and this is just an observation, I do sense a fragility about you if things dont go your way.

Although to be fair I sense the same in West Ham as well so I guess it could just be down to which ever team turns up.

19. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

I don't know your players so I got the goalscorers the wrong way round. Cowie's was the classy goal - great body shape and concentration - the Whittingham free kick was a good ball in, but it was a cross that snuck in rather than a great shot.

20. editor

What? He scored from a near impossible angle and he's player with a record for such fantastic kicks.

21. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

He does what he wants!

22. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Patronising definitely, probably racist give the tone!

23. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Whittingham is one of the best players I've ever seen in this league, has impressed me in every single game I've seen him play. Good luck Cardiff, you deserve a shot at playing Swansea again one day.

editor likes this.
  24. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Well I'm not going to quibble as we were beaten fair and square, but it looked like a whipped-in cross to me (it actually was turned in by a Cardiff player at the back post, though he was not credited).

25. editor

We'll do well to hang on to him. He's a great player.

26. editor