1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrie last night

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by sojourner, Oct 23, 2008.

1. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Anti-homelessness stud.

They're all watching the Apprentice. I'm outnumbered. :(

2. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

I used to live in Colne. There were no ginnels or snickets near where I was though :)

3. belboid

belboid Hang Liberals

Nowt down bottom of hill, but on the side of town behind the Town Hall, iirr.

Anyway, was last nights the worst episode for years? I hope so cos it was fucking awful. Not sure whether the worst bit was the dialogue between evil druggie, Tina and Rita, or the way the cops turned up, apparently with a time machine

_angel_ likes this.
  4. danny la rouge

It was. It was the pits.

The worst bit was Nick's folded arms when he and Stella were colluding about hot pots in a "storyline" so FUCKING CRAP I can hardly bring myself to type it. I feel sick.

5. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Corrie is beginning to resemble Neighbours in so many ways: the shite storylines, the wooden acting and the feeble plotting are all there.

6. Libertad

Libertad All things pass

[off topic] I got the shit kicked out of me in Colne once.:(

7. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

How come?

8. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

sunita's costume! :eek:

9. Libertad

Libertad All things pass

Heated debate with some racists. 1995.

10. Libertad

Libertad All things pass

I do hope that Dev catches them out soon, another storyline that isn't working.

11. Iguana

Iguana Well-Known Member

At least last night's episode should spell the end of the stupid Rick storyline.

12. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

I lived there for a short time in the early 70's. I was living on my own in a rented house and didn't know many people there. I got to know the place a bit better in the late 80's when Jim's cafe was my favorite place to eat. I still didn't know anyone in Colne and I can't remember how come we used to drive there to eat but we did.

13. belboid

belboid Hang Liberals

Cos Jim's cafe was really good, and the only veggie one for twenty miles??

14. Libertad

Libertad All things pass

The best thing about Colne is that it isn't Nelson.:(

15. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

:D

16. belboid

belboid Hang Liberals

Racist!!

Libertad likes this.
  17. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

probably :)
    It's still going strong and I keep meaning to go but never get round to it.

18. belboid

belboid Hang Liberals

mrs b's never been. I must take her next time we visit me dad. Then we wont have to eat his cooking either

19. danny la rouge

Indeed.

20. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Least LA person in LA

Can someone update me, been travelling since Thursday and can't be arsed to watch. What happened with Rick, Sunita etc...

21. danny la rouge

Tina stole Rick's drugs and drove to a canal. So Rick kidnapped Rita and threatened to throw Rita in the canal. Tina swapped the drugs for Rita, and as Rick was driving off millions of cops turned up in cars and nabbed him. Mad Ex-Cop Woman arrived, too, walking. A cop car gave Rita a lift to her wedding.

Sunita dressed up "as Beyonce", and locked Carl in the shop. She looked nothing like Beyonce.

Everyone guessed (without being told) that Maria, Little Liam and Marcus were the Osmonds, despite there being no resemblance. No idea how they knew. They then won the dressing up competition, announced by Stella (who did look a bit like Dusty Springfield). Jason asked the question we were all wondering "Who is judging this?" Nobody answered.

Ken pulled some faces.

22. Iguana

Iguana Well-Known Member

Steve should have won for his Elton John costume.

23. belboid

belboid Hang Liberals

eh? What you on about? Steve was obviously Ozzy Osbourne.

danny la rouge likes this.
  24. Iguana

Iguana Well-Known Member

At least we can all agree that he was most definitely not John Lennon.

25. danny la rouge

Indeed.

Oh, and Troubled Adopted Girl is so over Owen beating her up that she even gave up her raffle prize so that Owen and Anna could go away to a spa hotel, heralding him moving in with them as her new Dad. All because he replaced the flowers she stole.

26. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

Also Katy, Chesney and Tracy managed to get free of whatever time tunnel / black hole they had fallen into over the last few weeks.

27. danny la rouge

Only the time tunnel had affected Chesney's brain so badly that the only ginger singer he could think of was Mick Hucknell, when clearly someone his age (and hair length) would say Ed Sheeran.

28. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

The writers are showing their age, with Faye being told to go as a spice girl, would she even know who they are?
    As for Tommy taking drugs into Amsterdam just wtf all round.:facepalm:

danny la rouge likes this.
  29. Schmetterling

Schmetterling Morum Fember

Aha; thaaat was the name of the bogey picking kid in The Simpsons. Was wondering today. Ta.

30. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

Oh my god, she was supposed to be Beyonce??? Thought she was whore number 2 from Pretty Woman the Musical.