1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commute Ranting Thread

Discussion in 'transport' started by Badgers, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

I would complain about the non-stop "what our shiela said about our brian" style ranting phone call in my right ear all the way in on the train this morning, but it was offset by the most incredible pair of legs I'd ever seen in the seat opposite. Gobsmacking they were. I suppose a broken bicycle has some benefits.
    Greebo and Badgers like this.
  2. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

That's very kind of you. I find shorts are the answer to most questions.
    _angel_ and 5t3IIa like this.
  3. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

Fine start to a page ^ and ^^

I read the first few pages of this zombie-ish thread and got to 'like' a few posts from the old days. Felt good :cool:
  4. EastEnder

EastEnder Brixton Barnacle

Were the legs as good as sparrow's?
  5. Crispy

Sparrow's legs are incomparable. You are asking the impossible of me.
    Badgers likes this.
  6. EastEnder

EastEnder Brixton Barnacle

Good answer. :cool:
  7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Better than the Starlings
  8. Crispy

Years of practice, mate.
  9. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

Something that has been irritating me for a while is people standing up on trains. I dont mean when there isnt any seats. I mean when they have a seat but not next to who they want to sit next to so they mill about in the aisle as some form of protest like its a social club causing you to have to manouvre around them when going to the buffet car or for a piss. :mad: proper annoying.
  10. Citizen66

They freaked out? Id rather unwittingly sit on an unused tampon than a bit of vomit or phlegm.
  11. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

I would rather sit on vomit than a Box Jellyfish. What is your point?
  12. Citizen66

Id find sitting on an unused tampon about as 'freaky' as sitting on a discarded newspaper.
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

We were all young once though eh?
  14. Citizen66

Well yeah. Still seems a strange reaction. When i was young we would have been infantile and flung it at someone.
  15. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

My commute home was amazing today, the 4 35 was delayed so I managed to get the early train (even though I had to sit on the floor) then a 5 month old Spaniel puppy was sitting next to me and I got to play with a dog for most of the journey :D
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Bus driver announced that today the bus will be driving slowly due to lack of traffic on the roads. Making the buses run on time I guess, it is what Hitler would have wanted.
    gentlegreen likes this.
  17. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Nadie espera a la babosa espaƱola

wrong thread
  18. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

I've switched from train to coach to save money, I was up at 3.45 and got home about 4 minutes ago. Coach journey was nice though, watched Starman and relaxed with the walkman on and I've just discovered that there is free wifi on the coach as well :cool:
  19. Citizen66

My 'commute' back to London involves car, train, tube and bus. The latter usually proving to be the most irksome. I've just waited 15 mins for one. In the cold. And i need a piss.
  20. Citizen66

On the Piccadilly line and one of the overhead fans sounds like 50cc engine turning over. :D
  21. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Black puddings very black today, Mother!

My carriage on the train was very fractious this morning, bloke next to me asked the woman opposite to move her handbag so he could fit his feet in - which is fair enough as it is awful if you have to sit kind of sideways 'cos you can't out your feet in front of you, however I felt he was a little aggresive about it.

Then two woman had an argument about "computer elbow" i.e. one was typing on her computer and kept jabbing the other with her elbow, when she asked if computer woman could stop computer women accused her of "invading her space"!
  22. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

I am feeling slight Olympic rage - I think the 253/4 buses are being delayed coming out of Aldgate, seem to wait longer for one this morning - at least 12 minutes:mad: I'm convinced this is due to 'lympics
  23. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

24. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

Her whole life training for this...GO Sally Goooooooooooo!!! :)
  25. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Why do so many people prefer to sit on the aisle seat of buses and trains?
  26. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Partial to ale and pie.

I've never understood that.
    So what if people sit next to you? Your getting to look out the window and watch the world and stuff.

Jerks.
  27. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

It bothers me too :mad:

When you want to sit next to the window they tut, don't get up, take their bag off the seat and then turn a little in the seat to give you a foot gap to squeeze through. When there are two empty seats I choose the window over the aisle seat as I prefer it (watch the world and stuff) so really I should be pleased. I just don't get it?
  28. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

Two words: Entitled arseholes.
  29. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

I like it when they sigh as they pick up their bag to let you sit down :cool: one day I will say

Sorry I didn't realise you owned the fucking bus
    plurker likes this.
  30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

On occasion I just tell people to get up when they do the 'half turn' bollocks but often I can't be arsed.