1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choose me a new look.

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by madzone, Oct 11, 2011.

1. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

I'd love to be a size 16-18 :D I wouldn't have these problems then. Peacocks is full of vile yellow and purple shit atm. They also only ever have about two things in my size. They're usually frilly and hideous as well.

That blog you posted kind of explains what I'm on about. The clothes on there are fucking horrible. I don't want to look 'dressed up' all the time. I don't want little belts 'cinching' anything in, I don't want to have to wear a fuckton of make up or do my hair like some fifties pin up girl. I just want to look fucking NORMAL!
  2. Greebo

Greebo Czekałam na Ciebie

Sorry - that was the picture I got of how that lineny tutor dresses.

Do me a favour and remind me - what do you usually wear?
  3. madzone

All sorts of stuff. I don't really have a 'look'. Today I'm wearing a stripey long sleeved t-shirt, a weird shaped drak blue dress, a long purple cardigan, leggings and knee length black boots.
  4. madzone

5. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

Fucking hell madzone, that stuff is ugly! It's all very tunic-y
  6. madzone

That's exactly what's in the shops down here.
  7. albionism

albionism Factotum

Go Rockabilly
    Greebo likes this.
  8. Cribynkle

Cribynkle squawk

What about La Redoute en Plus?

http://www.laredoute.co.uk/page/plus-size-collection.htm

LR stuff can be quite reasonable and though some of it is horrid you'll find some things that have the more simple, chic, French style that makes them look more expensive. You have to not mind being inundated with junk mail if you buy stuff from them though..
  9. madzone

I'm 46.
  10. aqua

aqua made of cheese and gin

Madz - what size are we talking about?

I'm currently a 20 and up until now I just struggled to find things that fitted - being a 20 makes the shops assume I have MASSIVE tits and I just don't, so they don't fit. So when I bought a dress (with the help of the urban lot) last year I took it to be tailored (£5 in my local shop) and it looks fucking amazing now :) And I feel a million dollars because I know it fits properly - is that an option for you?

I also have to look for long trousers/skirts as I have a 33/34" inside leg and that really limits what I can wear - so I do understand if you have the opposite problem, yes whilst you can technically shorten things it doesn't always follow the fit looks as good (but again if you can find a clothes alterer maybe that would help?)

I'm quite enjoying my new clothes and whilst I'm not going for a totally new look (I quite like mine!) I am looking to get some new things that I wouldn't normally have worn :)
  11. Greebo

Greebo Czekałam na Ciebie

Madz, I've seen it, and worse - leaving aside the fact that I'm a fibre snob and won't touch anything remotely synthetic unless it's swimwear (or maybe underwear) - you think any of that range looks less ridiculous on me than it does on you? Seriously? If lucky, it makes me look like a child dressed up in Big Sister's clothing. If unlucky, it makes me look like somebody trying to look like a child. :facepalm:
  12. aqua

oh and I do ALL my clothes shopping online - I order things I fancy and then try them on at home and return the ones I don't want - sometimes I do it just to see what things would look like on me without fear of the shop staff howling laughing :D
  13. madzone

Things aren't too long, they're too short.

I can be anything up to a size 24, depending on where I'm buying it. I do have massive tits and I have the same problem with dresses. They gape like fuck. I don't like trousers. Jeans are ok, as are leggings but no trousers.
  14. madzone

I didn't say it was only a problem for me.
  15. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Up yer bum

There are other places beside Cornwall and London :D
  16. madzone

Not that I go to.
  17. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

She doesn't want advice. She can't drink today so she's doing this instead.

I'm fuck stylish :cool: Copy me.
  18. aqua

:D I think you might be fighting this one for years if you ignore an entire type of clothing (trousers) :D
  19. madzone

Fuck off :p

I want a new look. I don't want to wear crimplene frills. That seems to be all there is in the shops. I don't want to look 'glam'. I want to look normal.
  20. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Up yer bum

21. madzone

They look mumsy. I don't like them. Those things that gem posted made me feel physically sick :D
  22. madzone

23. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

I agree that the cheaper high street shops are problematic if you're over 40 and tall and don't want to wear skirts that end mid-thigh. Add big to all of that and I'm not surprised you're finding it difficult. It's all very well people here saying that age doesn't matter when it comes to clothes but imo it does. I don't want to look like a teenager thanks very much. So I hardly buy stuff from Dotty P/Top Shop/New Look any more and I'm a standard size. Have you tried Wallis, btw? It has a mumsy image but actually some of the stuff is pretty good and reasonably priced and sizes go up to a 20.

You really need Spangles though - she wears a lot of vintage, dressy stuff but also has to look "normal" for work so should have some ideas. :)
  24. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Up yer bum

25. madzone

Thank you. Someone at least understands what I'm on about :cool:

Wallis 20 won't fit me. Some of Sainsburies 20's fit me but they're always too short.
  26. madzone

27. moomoo

moomoo Not so yummy mummy

What do you mean by wanting to look 'normal'? What is 'normal'?
  28. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

Drapey cardigans are an absolute no-no. They are an anti-fashion default. Avoid!

Linen is useless.

Never EVER wear wide-legged anything ever.

I got more of these unarguable gems but I have to go to a funeral in a minute.
  29. madzone

Yes, well hurry up and come back and sort me out. Priorities....
  30. madzone

Everyday normal. Not 'glam', not frilly, not blousy. I want to go to uni and not stick out like a big fat ugly fucking sore thumb.