1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choose me a new look.

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by madzone, Oct 11, 2011.

1. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

That's really sweet of you :oops:

I don't remember what I was wearing though :D
  2. girasol

girasol visual spaceship pilot

A dress :D think it had skulls in it? Or something amusing. It was a while ago! It was the cut of the dress that made it work if I remember rightly.
  3. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

You're not odd-looking though Madz. I know I've only seen you wearing make-up and with decent hair, but I can still make out your features and all, and I can't think of a single thing about you that looks odd. I'd say you're more like me - pretty ordinary most of the time but can look hot on occasion (you definitely do). That's not such a bad way to be.

Mmm, I remember that. :)
  4. spanglechick

spanglechick Lying in the gutter, looking like a star.

it was a gorgeos dress that she made herself, and then sent it to me because I covetted it. But it doesn't fit me any more... Would you like it back?
    girasol likes this.
  5. madzone

Oooh, yes please. Well done for keeping it :cool:
  6. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Cat Herder

cyndi lauper circa 1986
  7. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Why don't you just get what you want and get some sort of wrap around overall thing to protect your clothes? Or a lab coat, or whatever?
  8. Greebo

Greebo the countdown begins here

^^^^ This, more Rosie the Riveter than Hilda Ogden, though.
  9. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Up yer bum

She's bought loads of new stuff now, sorted :)
    madzone likes this.
  10. wayward bob

wayward bob official sideboard pervert

tbf that;s hardly practical. covering up with an extra layer just leaves you sweaty and dangling in your paint :p you just need stuff that washes well and crappier stuff for messier jobs. although i may have wrecked my only decent pair of jeans with oil pastels :( will find out in the next wash :hmm:
  11. madzone

I've got an overall but like Bob says it's only worth using it for paint.

Anyway, overall or not it's been a deadly struggle just to find a single fucking thing I like.
  12. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

I've met you and didn't think you odd looking at all. I can't remember what you were wearing but I thought you looked good. And you have amazing eyes.
  13. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

Sorted.

[​IMG]
  14. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

You're suggesting Madz buys photoshopping tools? It's a novel approach I suppose.
  15. Johnny Canuck3

She needn't. All she needs do is follow in Jodie Marsh's footsteps. :)
  16. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

i'm not convinced Madzone has the hours to spare for that size of project at the mo'.
  17. Johnny Canuck3

Her continued health, you mean?
  18. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

And her various other commitments.
  19. madzone

I can't fucking win :D

I've just been to see my therapist-of-sorts and when I walked in he said 'Why are you dressed like that?' I asked what he meant and he said 'You're dressed all in black, you look like you're trying to disappear'. I was wearing a black jumpery tunic thing, black leggings and black knee length boots so he was right about he black. I said I'd become uncomfortable with the stuff I had been wearing and felt a bit daft and wanted to maybe look a bit more serious and dress more appropriately for my age and size. He said it was a load of bollocks and that I'm big but I'm really sexy and can carry it off.

I think I'll just avoid all situations with people. I can't fucking work it out.
    Greebo and stuff_it like this.
  20. Clair De Lune

Clair De Lune Glistening finger

Stop trying to work it out then. Other people see you differently to how you see yourself, accept it.
    Going goth isn't going to help ffs:mad::D
    Greebo likes this.
  21. madzone

It wasn't goth. You take that back :mad:

And if other people see me differently to the way I do, how the fuck can I choose what to wear?
    stuff_it likes this.
  22. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Well give up then and buy a ton of baggy combats and t shirts and dress like a fucking bloke. ;)
  23. madzone

I would look like the least sexy lesbian in the world.
  24. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

You pulled! :D
  25. madzone

Oooh no :eek: He's married and I've known him a squillion years. We're actually really good friends now. He's one of the few people I absolutely trust to tell me the truth, both theraputically and personally.
  26. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Cat Herder

27. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Cat Herder

it's a strong look isn't it?
  28. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

I'm sure you could pull it off. :)
  29. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Cat Herder

i actually have. 20 years ago.
  30. Clair De Lune

Clair De Lune Glistening finger

Wear what you like! :D You are the one who fancied a change.
    Greebo likes this.