1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese fake parts 'used in US military equipment'

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by TitanSound, May 22, 2012.

1. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

2. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

Whats worse is they paid corporations for the expense of sorting out the fake parts the corporations brought in the first place!

3. TitanSound

Well then so have we by that logic.

4. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Bound for glory

But without sophisticated aircraft, GPS, night vision, radios etc our brave lads in Afghanistan will be reduced to fighting on fair and even terms with the enemy.

camouflage, tar1984, sim667 and 2 others like this.
  5. elfman

elfman 罗斯

In a way it comes across as a story put out by US military corporations to make sure they keep their dominance in the market. I dunno, just a feeling I have. Probably wrong...

JimW likes this.
  6. gosub

gosub ~#

7. TitanSound

8. gosub

gosub ~#

Not military no,

wanted to send half a dozen copies to Airbus when they first started talking about manufacturing in Chi na

9. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Never really rated the clash.Pfft

one of the biggest earning/ yet comparatively unknown areas for counterfeiting, it spares for Jumbos n other plane shit - truly horrendous when they get into the supply chain ( and they do regularly ), where an original boeing nut or whatever cots $500

Turkey seem to produce a huge amount of Merc / BMW "spares" that also get into the supply chain, but have not been tested or meet type approval.

10. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix μεθαύριο

Plane spares are expensive so substituting a 5p nut and bolt for a £50 real part is a real danger but who give a fuck about car parts not meeting type approval. Car parts from most manufacturers are expensive and supplies dry up just as people actually need them adding to obsolescence. Most replica parts work well enough but attempts to stop european companies producing these pattern parts have lead to more shit coming in from elsewhere.

11. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Does this mean they could have fake wars instead of real ones?

camouflage and Barking_Mad like this.
  12. gosub

gosub ~#

Over half the price of aircraft bits is the paperwork though, for those thinking the bolt cost $500 because its superduper

13. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

How about this one, they will be more worried about this sort of thing surely? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Execution_Channel

Chinese parts in all the world's CCTV cameras give them the chance to access the feed from any CCTV camera anywhere.

14. gosub

gosub ~#

Kindled - sort of hope that's not "the mind blowing conclusion"

15. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

I'm pretty sure it's only a plot device. Never managed to finish that one off as I had to give the book back to my mate.

16. gosub

gosub ~#

I know they turned down China's offer of free 3G coverage for the tube for that reason

17. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 inbox me hun x

I was wondering about that the other day, looks like the contract's gone to Virgin now.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17373523

18. camouflage

camouflage that's right, space pirate.

lol!