1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celtic FC Season 2012-13

Discussion in 'football' started by starfish, Jul 4, 2012.

1. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Apparently we're odds on favourites to win the League this season.
    Celtic Home 2012-13.jpg

How do we think the Champions will get on.

Champs2011-12.jpg
  2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

3. starfish

Pre-season fixtures
    10/07/2012 FC Augsburg TBC A
    15/07/2012 Stuttgart Kick... TBC A
    17/07/2012 Vfr Aalen TBC A
    21/07/2012 Ajax 18:00 A
    24/07/2012 Norwich City 19:45 H

Then it all kicks off with a visit from Aberdeen on 4th August.
  4. inflatable jesus

inflatable jesus I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Best price you can get for Celtic to win the league is 25/1 on - some places it's 100/1. Is really worth bothering to play?:p
  6. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Yes
    framed and Pickman's model like this.
  7. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Maybe you could have a contest to see who wins by the biggest margin - Celtic in the SPL or Rangers in the Glasgow Pub League 3rd division or wherever they finally end up.
  8. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Or maybe allows Ranegrs to go unpunished and stay in the top league?

I doubt very much they will go into the SFL3, sadly the two clowns Doncaster (SPL) and Regan (SFA) will ignore the vote if it goes against them being placed in SFL3, or will, as seems almost certain, get the full SFL vote to allow them into the SFL then allow the SFL board to put them into SFL 1. Rotten as can be...
  9. starfish

Cant say preseason got off to a flying start. 0-0 v Augsburg but apparently young Filip Twardzik played well. Hoping for big things from him this season.
  10. inflatable jesus

Here's hoping. Given the financial uncertainty post-Rangers it would be good to see us be able to bring on more young players.

Of course, making it to the champions league would also go along way to relieving that uncertainty.
  11. starfish

There is a good group of young players coming through but yes Champs League money would be nice.
  12. starfish

Watched the 2nd half of the game v Stuttgart Kickers. Had a lot of the ball but didnt do much with it.
  13. starfish

Yaay, finally scored a couple of goals & got a win in Germany. 2-1 against VFR Aalen.

Have to say i like the new black socks on the new home strip.
  14. inflatable jesus

15. paddockloyal

paddockloyal Well-Known Member

16. starfish

Hmm, i dont know. We struggled against fairly poor (by their countries standard) teams in Germany. Will need to step up a level for the qualifiers.

Really hope you enjoy the game. Try & get a few pics to post up in here.
  17. starfish

Hmm preseason is going from bad to worse. Forwards need to get their act together for Helsinki.
  18. framed

framed Leave it!

Having a good pre-season is not always a harbinger of what is to come in Europe or domestically. There were a number of players missing from the starting line-up against Norwich last night, I don't think that match was anything to base the rest of the season on, or even next week's match against HJK, who I believe we will beat comfortably over the two legs.
  19. Ich bin ein Mod

Ich bin ein Mod does his make up in his room

Too many panic merchants amongst our support. Pre-season is about getting match fitness, not turning in fantastic performances. HJK won't be pushovers, especially since they're halfway through their season, but if we turn up we should have enough to see them off.
    framed likes this.
  20. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

[​IMG]
    framed likes this.
  21. starfish

I know preseason is just friendlies & warm ups but a few wins would have ben nice.

Great news about Stan.
    framed likes this.
  22. Newco anchorage

Newco anchorage banned Banned

So the financial whiz kid TLB has lost money on a tax avoidance scheme. I'm sure he will have a lot to say about it in the papers.
  23. framed

framed Leave it!

Here's hoping... :rolleyes:

Unlike yourself, I am for financial transparency across the board in Scottish football.

Where club's have a case to answer with regard to financial irregularities, they should be exposed.

I wasn't happy to hear that Celtic PLC had implemented a tax avoidance scheme in relation to Juninho's short-lived stay at the club. The club 'fessed up to it during the SFA and SPL's review of football finances. They had already settled the tax irregularities with HMRC and they should pay a financial penalty for it to the football authorities.

However, this was, as far as I am aware, a scheme/scam favoured by one particular player and his advisers. It was not a wholescale tax avoidance scheme that ran from top to bottom of the club, as in the case of Dead Rangers FC.

That this is being referred to by hunnites as the 'Celtic Tax Case' is laughable.

Denial, Deflection, Delirium... :p
  24. Newco anchorage

25. starfish

Who exactly are this "Faminista" you talk of?
  26. framed

framed Leave it!

"Faminista" - oooh I am stabbed in the heart by the power of your wit and repartee Wankerage.

Whatever next? The 'kiddie fiddling' references that you and your ilk are so fond of... ? :rolleyes:

Those with no argument resort to insult.

As I said of you and your Dead Club and its braindead supporters...

Denial, Deflection, Delirium ;)

I feel your pain. :p
  27. Newco anchorage

Those with no argument resort to insult.:rolleyes:
  28. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

In your case it's the first resort
    starfish likes this.
  29. starfish

We know, we do see your posts.
  30. Newco anchorage

I wonder if the SPL and the sfa will follow suit with the NCCA and strip Torbett fc of the trophies they won during the time they allowed young boys to be raped by their employees. It is after all about sporting and moral integrity in Scotland isn't it ?