1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardiff City close season news and rumours: rebranding of the stadium, strip change

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, May 8, 2012.

1. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Well right now I think Pompey or rangers fans would quite like a couple of Malaysians to roll into town.

Lets get it striaght tho, this is Hamman's fault at the end of the day. If he had never got his grubby hands on us we wouldnt be so desperate. Atleast the malaysians have actually put some money into the club, instead of just taking it out like Sam did.
  2. Placid Casual27

Placid Casual27 Gorau Chwarae Cyd Chwarae

I hate the conceits contained in what is effectively their blackmailing of us

£100m investment. Where is the proof of this? £40m has already goen in taking our debt from c£32m to c£72m

DEBT. Not a philanthropic loan from some footballing George Soros

So, some notional money. Some of which (if it even exists) will be for a new training facility.

Which we do not need

Some notional money. Some of which (again if it exists) will look at extending our stadium.

Which we do not need

And any money will be LOANED not given. And does not guarantee promotion

I was there for the 19 years we spent in Divs 3 and 4, when we were getting 2000, 3000, 4000 crowds, all the time.

The arrivisite (younger than me, admittedly) fans who have known nothing but the last 9 years of Div 2 football have been sold a pack of lies and have fallen for the slick marketing patter of a bunch of shysters

I am astonished how easy people have gone "oh aye, alright then" and sold the club's identity to some people who we have never heard of and who do not give a flying fuck about us

Martin one thing I know is if this happened at WHU there would be MURDER and I am gutted that most of our fanbase has just fallen for it. Not least as this is likely to be the thin end of the wedge.

I don't want to be in the Premier League if this is what it takes.

The lowest of all low days
    Lo Siento. likes this.
  3. poisondwarf

poisondwarf I have a chance...and it is fat.

I'm on a phone so unable to type much but it sums it up, thanks.
  4. poisondwarf

But would pompey be happy to have another nickname?
  5. poisondwarf

Agree unfortunately.
  6. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

That's fucking Murdoch-funding Sky viewers for you.
  7. Stoat Boy

Stoat Boy Banned Banned

Genuinely sad for you over this news. Its wrong to try and change a crucial part of the identity of a club like this.
  8. editor

It's like the only option now open to people pissed off with this decision is to stop supporting the club they've supported through thick and thin for their entire lives.
  9. Voley

Voley "Dave From Ireland"

Fucking hell this is a shoddy way to treat loyal fans. Horrible stuff.
  10. Lock&Light

Lock&Light Ignoring most idiots Banned

There's no need to change the nick-name.
    1927 likes this.
  11. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

We can still call them the Bluebirds and I'm sure we will, no one is saying you cant call them the Bluebirds!
  12. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

We're slowly getting there :(
  13. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

I'd have more sympathy if just 1% of fans could even tell me, without googling, why we are even called the Bluebirds!
  14. Voley

Voley "Dave From Ireland"

No-one buy the shirts. Everyone turn up in blue. Chant 'Bluebirds' with the emphasis on the 'Blue'. All season.

Please do this.
    skyscraper101 likes this.
  15. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Least LA person in LA

In fairness, I'd actually prefer added time multi-ball than boring nil-nil draws :cool:
  16. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

There should be an arranged day when fans of every club do this at their ground :cool: :D

Might be a little difficult to convince those who already play in red though :hmm:
    Voley likes this.
  17. skyscraper101

Exactly, don't boycott the club. Boycott the shirt, in huge numbers.

I don't support Cardiff but I'd well get behind any banner which supports their cause here. Some things should be banned from being interfered with, for culture and heritage reasons if nothing else. I can deal with shirt sponsorship changing, and I can even begrudgingly deal with grounds being called the 'Aviva Stadium' or some such stupid corporate name, but why should a club have to fuck about with superstitious 'lucky colours' to satisfy a bunch of people who've have no vested interest in the club but making money, no history of support, and nothing but cash to offer. It's bollocks.
    Maggot, temper_tantrum and Voley like this.
  18. Lock&Light

Lock&Light Ignoring most idiots Banned

Without that cash Cardiff would soon find itself back in the fourth division.
  19. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail No English, Straight Patois.

Fuck all wrong with that, at least I could afford a few more away days.
    JimW and Lo Siento. like this.
  20. spacemonkey

spacemonkey I Love Noodles

It's pretty shit. I give it two seasons before we 'relaunch' back in blue.
    editor likes this.
  21. Placid Casual27

Placid Casual27 Gorau Chwarae Cyd Chwarae

(i) so what and (ii) there is no proof of the money. And money (even if there is any) does not guarantee success. The whole thing stinks
    editor likes this.
  22. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

seriously, fuck modern football.
  23. skyscraper101

Breakaway clubs ftw.

Arise, FC City of Cardiff.
    editor likes this.
  24. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

If we sign Anelka on friday the red shirts will fly out of the club shop.
  25. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

Probably. Is that a good thing?
  26. editor

Suits me.
  27. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat roast fishco and cornbread

or be given red shirts?
  28. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

christ. the logo looks like they got their secretary to knock it up in powerpoint :facepalm:

[​IMG]
  29. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

init!

even as a 'ddraig' i would rather they didn't go doing away with the bluebird :(
  30. editor

Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE:

[​IMG]

http://www.affsuzukicup.com/news/blue-is-the-colour-for-malaysia

:facepalm: