1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recommend a good, quiet air purifier?

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by cypher79, Feb 2, 2010.

1. cypher79

cypher79 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good air purifier? I've currently got one similar to this;

[​IMG]

which is ok. tbh i think these sort of air purifiers are good for getting rid of smells and stuff but im not really sure how effective they are at actually 'purifing' the air as compared to filter purifiers. Mine seems kinda basic and its also pretty noisy, i cant have it on in the same room as me as i find the noise too annoying, so i only have it on when im out. I'm looking to get a more advanced air purifier but reviews on them seem to be very mixed and the prices seem to vary wildly.

Anyone got or used one? or offer any advice?

thanks
  2. cypher79

cypher79 Well-Known Member

3. Hocus Eye.

Hocus Eye. Snap, crop, scrap crap

What is an air purifier? That round thing looks like a space-age goldfish bowl.
  4. grit

grit an ugly force for good

I think this is more suited to the suburban forum tbh.
  5. futha

futha vessel in vain

i would quite like to hear opinions on this but it might be better of in suburban.
  6. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

Best way to purify air is to suck it from somewhere outside the room and blow it through a HEPA filter. The continual positive pressure in the room will cause it to be fairly pure after a while. Clearly dusty rooms will need to be cleaned properly and continuously for a while, the more you do the less dust there will be over time.

You can buy pumps and the HEPA filters are pretty cheap.
  7. Bellabear

Bellabear New Member

great air purifiers!

Hi,
    There are some great air purifiers and a lot that are just expensive fans. You really want a HEPA filter! That is the only ones that do a good job. Here is a list of the best air purifiers, some are budget and some are top of the line.
    http://www.air-purifiers-humidifiers.com/best-air-purifier.html