1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a Orange ‘San Francisco’ whats the best deal for mobile internet

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by Shippou-Sensei, Feb 28, 2011.

1. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Cheers, only used the headphones that came in the box. They might be ok, I might be half deaf.
  2. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

Which is why I used the word "if". :p
  3. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

4. ViolentPanda

I put a 3M "Vikuiti" screen protector on mine (£7.50 on ebay) after going through a pack of 5 of the cheap thin ones in a fortnight. So far (after a month's a use, it isn't at all marked, even in my clumsy hands and pockets. They also have the virtue of not trying to dissolve if you use a screen wet-wipe on them. :)
  5. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

I never use screen protectors - just make sure you keep your phone in an empty pocket free of keys'n'stuff. Music shouldn't jump if you have a screen lock on.
  6. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

7. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

That looks like a good buy. I think in future I will outsource all decisions about my phone to RaverDrew.
  8. RaverDrew

Just a small word of warning, mine took a month to arrive. However he acknowledges that he messed up in his latest ebay listing, and tbf to the guy he was upfront about the reason for the delays and his communication was good throughout. He has since changed his method of delivery to the UK and purchases should be delivered within 5 days. The quality is top notch.
  9. Santino

Top notch is my favourite kind of notch!
  10. ViolentPanda

I have a really bad short-term memory, so it's cheaper for me (ymmv) to just stick a screen protector on, otherwise I'll inevitably forget to check my pocket before I put my phone in, and end up with a spudded screen. :oops:
  11. Santino

I can't download mms messages. There're about 20 different diagnoses and solutions on various forums and I can't tell which one is right.
  12. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Hardcore U Know The Score

*subscribes to thread*

I just got one of these phones. White one from Argos, unlocked in seconds, and put the Japanese Jellyfish 2.2 Rom on it. And put a GiffGaff sim in and activated. Tidy.

I will be very happy to ditch my Nokia E71 with its awfully shite symbian OS.
  13. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

There's an app called 'giffgaff apn' download and run that, resolved the issue for me.
  14. Santino

Done that, it didn't help.

Unless the new settings would only work with a new message.

I also downloaded an alternative messaging apk thing, but that kept crashing so I had to restore the original.
  15. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

Got my phone on Tues but still waiting for giffgaff sim to arrive after a week. Very annoying.
  16. Santino

Mine came really quickly, you might want to re-order.

If you do, get someone from here who's already on giffgaff to order it for you and you both get some free credit.
  17. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

It says to wait 7 working days to reorder. Not that I can see how to reorder anyway as it wants me to login and I can't recall having created a login at all.
  18. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Hardcore U Know The Score

Can anyone get BBC iPlayer working on their OSF phone?
  19. RaverDrew

20. cliche guevara

Beeb Player works too, just google for the .apk
  21. ovaltina

ovaltina Well-Known Member

Good news from Giff Gaff:
  22. cliche guevara

And the fifteen quid one is going up to 400 mins. GiffGaff are fucking great :cool:

Only problem is I keep losing data connection at work, which is hugely frustrating. It'd be a shame to have to leave them :(
  23. Maggot

Maggot Grubs up!

I am looking to get a San Francisco, but can't find any good deals atm. Any suggestions?
  24. Throbbing Angel

Throbbing Angel MCU, MA in CW fwiw, NWUK

Jesus - they've gone UP most places (play.com £139.99! inc. £10 credit)

Best deal I've just seen in £95 on Orange website (PLUS you have to buy £20 credit)

e2a: Prepaymania £89-99 + £10-00 credit - free delivery
  25. Maggot

Maggot Grubs up!

Thanks TA! Will check out prepaymania.
  26. Throbbing Angel

Throbbing Angel MCU, MA in CW fwiw, NWUK

no worries

I know their name but have never used them - I know they have been going years though, if that helps
  27. Maggot

Maggot Grubs up!

They only have the white ones. At the risk of sounding fussy, I want a grey or black one.
  28. Jambooboo

Jambooboo Who Loves You Baby?

Struggling to find a San Francisco myself - checked Argos website and there's none anywhere near me. At this rate, I may just wait for the ZTE Skate to come out.
  29. Maggot

Maggot Grubs up!

I've got a San Francisco now. I've unlocked it and it works fine with my T-Mobile sim card. However, I have just added unlimited internet to my account but the phone hasn't connected to it. Any ideas on how to get it working?
  30. RaverDrew

I take it you are using the stock Orange ROM, if you really want to enjoy the full benefits of the phone I'd advise you to root the device and install a custom ROM.

In the meantime to allow you to connect through t-mobile...

Go to... settings >>> wireless and networks >>> Mobile Networks >>> Access point Names >>> press the menu button >>> select +New APN

then enter these details...

APN: general.t-mobile.uk
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank

Then select to use that APN

Reboot the phone and you should then be able to connect online using your 3G.