1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Flea Market/boot sale!! Duke of York Pub, Ferndale Road!! Get down here :D

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by shygirl, Mar 6, 2011.

1. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

Hey guys, if you didn't know, the Duke of York pub on Ferndale road has been running a small flea market in the pub garden.

I have a stall down there as we speak.. Type.. So head down here and check out our bits and pieces!

See you there :)
  2. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

What time does this start/end? What are you flogging? Facts needed!
  3. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Also, where is this Duke of York? Might it be the Duke of Edinburgh thou referrest to?
  4. editor

There must have been a Duke-to-Duke face-off for the naming rights of the pub.
  5. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

Is this just today or a regular thing? More info needed. Although I don't have a car to take things down, anyway. :facepalm:
  6. shygirl

Sorry guys, my son put this thread following desperate call from me to say there were more sellers than buyers! (today was the first day)

Duke of Edinburgh, Ferndale Road, SW9 - Flea market 1st Sunday of every month, 12 pm - 3/4 pm ish. You'll need to call and reserve a table if you want to sell.
    The stalls were just as you'd expect at any flea market/car boot sale, ranging from household stuff, clothes, records, books etc, and some lovely collectibles. I made very little today, and spent what I did make, but I'm sure it'll get better once word gets around that its on. Great thing with this one, is you can wander round with pint in hand, and, if its on, watch the footie in the pub.
  7. shygirl

Hey quimcunx, I wheeled two cases there, and my son wheeled a bike cart and set of rails for me. Looked pretty crazy, but it did the job. And, forgot to say, the tables are free, so whatever you make is all profit.
  8. editor

Do you want to maybe start a new thread about this?
  9. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

Cheers. sounds like next time they need to charges the sellers and give the buyers free beer.

Why not just change the title of this one. :confused:
  10. shygirl

How about I post a new thread when the next one happens - tho' they're generally going to be the 1st Sunday of the month, the next one might be a week later as the organiser is away for a few weeks.
  11. shygirl

On another subject, I just watched the footage of police stopping and searching the two guys at the opening of Brixton Village - is there a thread on this? I was concerned to hear one of the officers ask to take their photos. We fought against overt photographing, as its called, in the CPCG and as far as I can recall, the police agreed to stop it.