1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton chitter-chatter & news Apr 2012

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Orang Utan, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

Yeah, my brother in law was telling me people think they can buy water butts and run their hoses off them and they can't. I think he's having to tell a lot of people on the allotments this. :D

Poor him, he's got two plots to water. Lucky he's a big guy. I can't even use my watering can he bought me as it's too heavy. I use milk cartons to water my plants. :D

He was going to install an outside tap for me this year, but I think he may be too busy watering
  2. han

han brixton hill hobbit

I am a very, very happy bunny at the moment.

I can now get REAL, DECENT draught cyder (my favourite, in fact, Stowford Press) 2 mins from my house. The Hand In Hand havejust got it in. Now that they've got Sharp's Doom Bar, and a very lovely friendly landlord (as well as the regulars who seem to be a nice bunch) I've started going there quite a bit.

At last I've got a proper local that I really want to go to - hooray!
  3. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

Thames Water lose a massive 26% of our water through leaking pipes, so perhaps instead of fining people for looking after their gardens and farms, they should do something to fix the pipes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17622837#TWEET122032
  4. Minnie_the_Minx

I know that.

I live on Brixton Hill remember, where there's a burst main every couple of years
  5. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

aww, fanks! ;)
    han likes this.
  6. Minnie_the_Minx

he deleted the bit about Kanda after I quickly PMed him
  7. Orang Utan

He? Oh Minnie, another one for your list
  8. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Vague enough for me ^
    Minnie_the_Minx likes this.
  9. Minnie_the_Minx

I have compost with horse manure. Horses are bigger than chickens so I reckon I can get away with using loads of hoses
  10. Minnie_the_Minx

Shit!

That was a typo :oops:;)
  11. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Huh?? :confused:
  12. Orang Utan

Just start crapping in the patio
  13. Minnie_the_Minx

She mentioned how lovely the pub was with the exception of this tall person who fitted your description to a tee. I PMed her and told her it was and she quickly deleted the comments
  14. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

They are. Lots.
  15. Orang Utan

:hmm: two 'typos', you mean?
    :p
  16. Minnie_the_Minx

:(

My standards are slipping :oops:
  17. ajdown

ajdown Posting in this thread

Ocado do Stowford Press and of course they'll deliver to Brixton.

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/getSearchProducts.do?clearTabs=yes&isFreshSearch=true&entry=stowford
  18. fortyplus

fortyplus smug git

The Victorian cast iron network is steadily being replaced by blue plastic. They did our road a year or two ago. 'Twas a bloody nuisance, but still quite impressive they didn't need to dig up the whole road. So far it hasn't killed off the trees (which are only saplings here), but apparently it's a problem as the steady leakage from the old mains - that 26% of wasted water - was a significant source of water for London's street trees, helping them stay green and leafy in the droughty summers.
    lang rabbie and Brixton Hatter like this.
  19. han

han brixton hill hobbit

20. han

han brixton hill hobbit

and does it come with Sky Sports and good old Irish craic ? No!
    :D
  21. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

http://www.bcbikes.co.uk/

BC Bikes any good? I know Brixton Cycles are the preferred U75 shop but anyone use BC for service?
  22. Orang Utan

Dunno that place but went in that new bike shop in Herne Hill (Half Moon Lane) and the chap in there was very nice.
    Inner tubes cheaper than Brixton Cycles too.
  23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

What is the shop called?

I have bikes to get sorted and Brixton Cycles only service bikes they have sold outside office hours. Fair play, they are popular but I am not taking days off to pay someone to service a bike.
  24. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter cider i up

the guys in Herne Hill cycles are good. I got my hybrid from there and they re-trued the wheel for free not so long ago. havent been in the new place
  25. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter cider i up

i could service your bike anyway badgers....as long as its not too complicated stuff needing to be done
  26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Cheers BH and OU. Will pop in tomorrow as passing by. Can't juggle Brixton Cycles and not doing Evans or Halfords unless desperate.
  27. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Really? It has just been idle for too long. I am shit with anything like this. Happy to pay in cider. Will chat when I see you over the weekend. Maybe you can pop round ours for a drink and an assessment?
  28. Winot

Winot Win not Whine

Lock your bike up outside Brixton Cycles and post your lock key through the letter slot in an envelope with a note telling them what you want doing. Sorted.
  29. leanderman

leanderman Tired

Aren't you supposed to be on holiday?
  30. Winot

Winot Win not Whine

Always on duty.