1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Chitter Chatter and News - July 2012

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Crispy, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter cider i up

cheeky fuckers.

You should let them film, then take out an injunction to stop them showing the final product on the day of broadcast :D
    ShiftyBagLady and nipsla like this.
  2. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

As it happens I do know some human rights lawyers :D
  3. peterkro

peterkro Greasin' on American Express card.

Generally speaking they are bastards,I think we got £200 a day,they promised tickets to Premier and to leave everything better than they found it,did they fuck?
  4. colacubes

We used to get regular letters through the door back in the day when The Bill was in production asking for permission to use our place for about £200 a day but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle. Although I do know of one person on these boards who got a fair wedge and put up in a hotel to use their place for a couple of days and they did sort it ok afterwards. But I have a massive distrust of people who work in TV and films, mostly cos I know some of them :D
    kittyP likes this.
  5. peterkro

The did more than one episode of the Bill in Villa road.
    That reminds me of a story when they filmed The Long Good Friday,in the house I lived in.At about seven in the morning they were all out drinking coffee and eating Danish's and what ever when the the Northampton regional crime squad busted the house next door (something about stolen teles and some idiot giving the address, for about an hour it was like Carry on Constable.
  6. Casaubon

Casaubon Well-Known Member

It's still the Astoria to me.................
    quimcunx likes this.
  7. Onket

Onket Gertcha

I think I remember getting things through the door about filming The Bill, actually. Never took them up on it.
  8. fortyplus

fortyplus smug git

I think of it as the Fair Deal because that's what it was called for the first gig I saw there
  9. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

10. Orang Utan

Giants are moving in, evidently
    quimcunx and snowy_again like this.
  11. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Oh, they've finally finished repaving Stockwell Passage; and installed one of those bollards that doubles up as a bicycle pump.
    Winot and nipsla like this.
  12. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Or maybe it's something for the new arriving giants? A toothpick perhaps.
  13. colacubes

Pleasing :)
  14. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter cider i up

Glad it's finished. That must be the longest bit of re-paving EVAH! Took about 4 months to do about 20 yards. As soon as they'd finished it though, they handily blocked the cycle path with loads of pallets full of stone. Good there's a cycle pump there, I'll have to try it out.
    snowy_again likes this.
  15. Orang Utan

It's great that there's a pump there but it's a bit close to Brixton Cycles. It might have been better placed elsewhere. I must have cycled past it yesterday on the way to the shop to pump up my tyres
  16. colacubes

That's a reasonable point, but I guess at least it's accessible when BC is closed :)
  17. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

BC constantly have their pump broken or pinched so more is always a good thing. Besides I always seem to remember I need one on their late opening thursdays.

The double yellows have disappeared though, as have the shared lane signs; and the massive delivery lorry wasblocking the whole road again this week.
  18. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

Saw a tight trousered type strutting down Coldharbour Lane today, consulting his iPad in one hand, while snapping arty pics with an expensive camera in t'other.

:cool:
    nipsla likes this.
  19. peterkro

That was me you fucker! actually because of downpour person I was with hailed a cab,after getting in I realised I hadn't been in one for about thirty years.
  20. editor

Would have been such a shame if you'd been concentrating so hard on updating your Facebook status on your iPad that you'd tripped over and fallen face first into a big puddle.
  21. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

ha, shit catching trews. I had to help two very lost Italian tourists yesterday who were walking up to people on CHL saying 'franco?'. I showed them where pizza was but in hindsight I wonder if they were looking for a friend and not dinner.
  22. crawl

crawl Gimme gimme gimme, don't ask what for

A little depressing to see that the "Brixton square" or whatever they're calling The Rich Twat Manor Highrise Place is actually starting to be built. They aren't wasting any time!
  23. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

Anyone after a bit of design work for money?

The Brixton Mind body Soul event organisers ( 28th July, Brixton Market on Station Road) are looking for help with designing a logo to put on a banner and possibly stickers. The event is all about involving the local community, and being mindful as we go about our days.
    If you're available to work on this please contact Tamara Russell (tamara.russell@kcl.ac.uk) asap - it's quick turnaround in time for the event. Cheers.

24. Orang Utan

How is that even possible? :D
  25. editor

It took some dexterity, but he really was doing just that. And, to be honest, looked an absolute cock.
  26. Onket

Onket Gertcha

27. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

I have a letter from Tesco. :mad:

They would like to build a new tesco express with parking at 144 Brixton Hill. This appears to be the address of the Music Bar. They want me to know that this is to provide convenience shopping for nearby residents, 20 full and part-time jobs for local residents, that the presence of staff reduces anti-social behaviour, that they simply love funding local things and to let them know if there are any I'd like them to fund before the store opens and they promise to consider it.

They say there is already permission for a convenience store here but they need planning permission for some changes, ie parking on the existing hard standing area and signage and changes to store front.

:mad: This will be closer to me than my usual convenience shops so I will probably end up going there sometimes.
  28. Orang Utan

Fucksake - how many express/local/metro shops are there on Brixton/Streatham Hill now?
  29. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

30. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

I've not heard about this or received a letter :confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.